/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Refuting idiots

Thanaa
08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Salaamu Aleikum,
I came across this video about muslim women, and at first I thought it was made by Muslim brother, but some of the things he comes out with are just unpleasant.
How should I refute people like him should I ever meet them in public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeobT...eature=related

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-16-2008, 04:29 AM
I didn't watch the vid.. but the best thing to do when there is an idiot is simply ignore them.. Do you stop for every dog that barks?
They are loud but really harmless, so just walk by, like you don't even hear them.. when a person mouths out stupidities in public like a fool, it is really more a reflection on him/her, and not you...

:w:

Faye
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Surah Furqan Ayat 63
And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.

coddles76
08-26-2008, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
Salaamu Aleikum,
I came across this video about muslim women, and at first I thought it was made by Muslim brother, but some of the things he comes out with are just unpleasant.
How should I refute people like him should I ever meet them in public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeobT...eature=related
Either Keep quiet or reply with something that is better.
My Advice would be to reply with something that would benefit him/her. A kind word goes along way and even though they may shrug it off, INshAllah with the help of Allah SWT it may tickle a part of the conscious mind that will allow them to think and start the process of reflection. Never get into the frame of degrading or arguing because that will only make the matter negative for yourself and the other indivdual. Always keep in your mind that Allah SWT is watching and sees ALL.

And Allah SWT knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-27-2008, 03:14 AM
A person would need to be an idiot to waste time refuting an idiot. We need to have enough sense to know some people are solidly closed against Islam and will not comprehend whatever we use as a refutation. A kind word and a smile is often the most powerful refutation possible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.