/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do all non-Muslims go to hell?

shahrazad
08-16-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm unclear on this issue... some say that good people, whether they are Christians, Buddhists or not religious at all, can go to heaven too?

I'm just worried about my family......:(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shahrazad
I'm unclear on this issue... some say that good people, whether they are Christians, Buddhists or not religious at all, can go to heaven too?

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Surah Al ‘Imraan 3:85]

"By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Saheeh, 153).

shahrazad
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
sounds like a yes...

it seems so unfair though... some people, even if they've heard of Islam and know some of the basics, still don't know enough to embrace it simply because they were brought up believing something else. born Muslims, even if they're not good Muslims, have their ticket to heaven from birth. why?

'Abd-al Latif
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM
sounds like a yes...

it seems so unfair though... some people, even if they've heard of Islam and know some of the basics, still don't know enough to embrace it simply because they were brought up believing something else. born Muslims, even if they're not good Muslims, have their ticket to heaven from birth. why?
If they don't embrace it then it's the will of Allah not to guide them, because whomsoever Allah guides there is none to misguide and whosoever Allah misguides there is none to guide back.

Born muslims, even if they didn't practice will - Allah willing - have their ticket to jannah because they believe in the Oneness of Allah, His Messenger, His books etc and they believe in that which Allah has revealed to them and single Him out for worship which is the pre-requisite to enter paradise. And these muslims have rejected the false gods, such as the hindu gods, or elavating the states of Jesus son of Mary from a Prophet to being a god, and so on, because beliving in such so-called-gods is the worst thing that one can do, which renders ones deeds fruitless regardless of how many good deeds they may have done.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shahrazad
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
but then even those who embrace Islam and revert, like me, are doomed.... because heaven won't be heaven to me if I know my family members went/will go to hell. knowing that, will make heaven a hellish place for me.

i am depressed now...

'Abd-al Latif
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
but then even those who embrace Islam and revert, like me, are doomed.... because heaven won't be heaven to me if I know my family members went/will go to hell. knowing that, will make heaven a hellish place for me.

i am depressed now...
Just because one is a non-muslim doesn't mean that they will remain in this state for the rest of their life, because whoever seeks guidence Allah will make the path to guidence easy for them.

There are recorded narrations from the Prophet that he used to make du'a to Allah to guide the people, just as he made du'a to Allah to guide either 'Umar bin Khattab to Islam when he was a non-muslim, or to guide Abu Jahal to Islam. And Allah answered his (saws) supplication by guiding 'Umar bin Khattab to Islam...and what an outstanding personality he turned out to be!

I assume your parents are non-muslim? You can supplocate to Allah in various times of the day, such as during prostration whenever you pray, the last 3rd of the night when Allah decends etc. And strive to call them towards Islam, because as long as they are living you will always have a chance.

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Just because one is a non-muslim doesn't mean that they will remain in this state for the rest of their life, because whoever seeks guidence Allah will make the path to guidence easy for them.

There are recorded narrations from the Prophet that he used to make du'a to Allah to guide the people, as he made du'a to Allah to guide either 'Umar bin Khattab to Islam when he was a non-muslim, or to guide Abu Jahal to Islam. And Allah answered his (saws) supplication by guiding 'Umar bin Khattab to Islam...and what an outstanding personality he turned out to be!
I will pray to Allah to guide my family to Islam. but if they don't embrace it, not only are they going to hell, but i may as well go to hell too...I'd rather be with them in hell than be away from them in heaven

NoName55
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM

instead of wasting time by getting depressed over false/incomplete information, you could start setting an example to your kinfolk, show them how a Muslim behaves and lives instead of the impression they get from media, I am almost certain they will be affected by a cheerfull happy and respectful "you" more positivey than a morose deprressed person.

'Abd-al Latif
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I will pray to Allah to guide my family to Islam. but if they don't embrace it, not only are they going to hell, but i may as well go to hell too...I'd rather be with them in hell than be away from them in heaven
Keep faith in Allah, many reverts will tell you how their parents have accepted Islam through their da'wah. Keep you're trust in Allah and always ask Allah to make this matter easy for you. And remember Him much through prayer and supplication, so that he may also remember you in matters such as these.

Allah has put you in this position for a reason, and that reason is because He knows you can handle it. Talk to your parents about Islam and what inspired you to accept it. I'm sure you will do good insha'Allah, during these times we just have to exercise patience and keep on moving.

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
:sl:instead of wasting time by getting depressed over false/incomplete information, you could start setting an example to your kinfolk, show them how a Muslim behaves and lives instead of the impression they get from media, I am almost certain they will be affected by a cheerfull happy and respectful "you" more positivey than a morose deprressed person.
:w:
i am not a morose depressed person but i do worry about these things sometimes because i care about other people and am not only after my own reward in jannah.

I am sure my family will start to see a change in me, maybe they already have, but that doesn't mean they will convert to Islam.

anyway, I don't want to believe it's as straightforward as that. if Allah is so merciful, surely he will have mercy and will only send to hell those who have committed the worst sins. not simply non-Muslims on one side and Muslims on the other.

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Keep faith in Allah, many reverts will tell you how their parents have accepted Islam through their da'wah. Keep you're trust in Allah and always ask Allah to make this matter easy for you. And remember Him much through prayer and supplication, so that he may also remember you in matters such as these.

Allah has put you in this position for a reason, and that reason is because He knows you can handle it. Talk to your parents about Islam and what inspired you to accept it. I'm sure you will do good insha'Allah, during these times we just have to exercise patience and keep on moving.
thanks brother. I will talk to them about it, but at this point, no one in my family knows about my conversion yet.

I suppose I got worried because my mother underwent an operation yesterday, and though it went well and everything seems fine, it got me thinking about how easily we could all leave this world any second.
similarly the day before I reverted officially, I found myself in a situation where I feared for my own life...and that was one of the things that pushed me to accept Islam as soon as I could rather than delaying it.

I used to console myself about my losses, people close to me who have died, by thinking I would see them again in heaven. I just realised I may not be able to see it like that anymore. and the thought of losing my family forever when they die or i die, is a terrible one.....

'Abd-al Latif
08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
thanks brother. I will talk to them about it, but at this point, no one in my family knows about my conversion yet.

I suppose I got worried because my mother underwent an operation yesterday, and though it went well and everything seems fine, it got me thinking about how easily we could all leave this world any second.
similarly the day before I reverted officially, I found myself in a situation where I feared for my own life...and that was one of the things that pushed me to accept Islam as soon as I could rather than delaying it.

I used to console myself about my losses, people close to me who have died, by thinking I would see them again in heaven. I just realised I may not be able to see it like that anymore. and the thought of losing my family forever when they die or i die, is a terrible one.....
May Allah make your affairs easy for you.

Allah through His infinite wisdom does things that we sometimes may not see. And in everything there is benefit and harm, so there may have been some benefit from those deaths that happened before your conversion, if you don't see the benefit or harm in this lifetime then you will see it in the hereafter. Perhaps these deaths were to protect you and keep you safe from some harm that was coming your way, or perhaps it made you think about the purpose of life which made you accept Islam.

And all Praise and thanks is to Allah for guiding you to the straight path.

Stay firm in this religion, and make du'a to Allah as much as you can and try your very best to call your parents towards Islam. Because in doing so is great reward, as Allah says:

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"? [Surah Fussilat (Explained in Detail) 41.33]

Makky
08-17-2008, 04:03 AM

Assalam Alaykum Sister Shahrazad.

This thread from its begining specially this Quote really shaked me... It reminds me of what the prophet -peace be upon him- himself faced in his Dawa journey..when Allah said to him

فَلَعَلَّكَ بَـٰخِعٌ۬ نَّفۡسَكَ عَلَىٰٓ ءَاثَـٰرِهِمۡ إِن لَّمۡ يُؤۡمِنُواْ بِهَـٰذَا ٱلۡحَدِيثِ أَسَفًا
the translation of the meaning :

Perhaps, you, would kill yourself (O Muhammad SAW) in grief, over their footsteps (for their turning away from you), because they believe not in this narration (the Qur'ân). -surat Alkahf verse 6.

Allah said to him in another verse :

إِنَّكَ لَا تَہۡدِى مَنۡ أَحۡبَبۡتَ وَلَـٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَہۡدِى مَن يَشَآءُ*ۚ وَهُوَ أَعۡلَمُ بِٱلۡمُهۡتَدِينَ

Verily! You (O Muhammad SAW) guide not whom you like, but Allâh guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided.

Sister Sharazad! where is the Prophet's Father? where is the prophet's uncle whom he loved?
the prophet himself stated that they are in hell... I'm not saying leave them don't invite them no.. but I'm showing you that this is a known case even in the prophet Family ... not just our prophet but look at the prophet Ibrahim.. where is his father!? Look at the prophet Noah where is his wife? where is his beloved son ? look at the prophet Lout where is hie wife? ..they are All in hell...

Sister Shahrazad! don't think its unfair! Asstaghfirullah...never! ...don't think that even ALL born muslims will be better than those . NO!

see how many born muslims whom don't pray?

Stop thinking about results we are now still alive... we need to plan how we will invite them to islam.. we need prayers and tears , we need supplications .

Sister! what you feel towards your family must be towards every human being who lives on this earth.. we need to live that life of Dawah.. we need to care about others , we need to show them this mercy Allah has blessed us with . we need to spend our lives in Saving others and seeking their Salvation.

we all have alot to do to our families and all people around us..

what are you planing to do with your parents? this is the most important Issue now.

may Allah be with you

STORM 2
08-17-2008, 05:07 AM
Whatever anyone tells you about an answer for this question - ignore them completely....including me.
Only God in His infinite wisdom will decide who goes to 'hell' and who doesn't. It is not up to any mortal (and may be indeed dangerous for the speculators) to waste time trying to establish destiny in the hereafter.
It may surprise some that even the most devout beings on earth have no safe passage to 'heaven' and we have no recourse if God decided to 'change the rules' as it were and decided to send all muslims to hell. It is His desire and His power do anything He wishes and we must recognise that by the minute

Eric H
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Makky;
where is the prophet's uncle whom he loved?
the prophet himself stated that they are in hell...
we need to show them this mercy Allah has blessed us with .
Search for justice from the above

In the spirit of praying to a merciful God

Eric

mutlib
08-17-2008, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric
i like ur style....u know much abt Islam.........so why dot u convert

mutlib
08-17-2008, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by STORM 2
Whatever anyone tells you about an answer for this question - ignore them completely....including me.
Only God in His infinite wisdom will decide who goes to 'hell' and who doesn't. It is not up to any mortal (and may be indeed dangerous for the speculators) to waste time trying to establish destiny in the hereafter.
It may surprise some that even the most devout beings on earth have no safe passage to 'heaven' and we have no recourse if God decided to 'change the rules' as it were and decided to send all muslims to hell. It is His desire and His power do anything He wishes and we must recognise that by the minute
lack of knowledge on ur side

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM

Ask a learned person, dear ukhti. Please don't pay any attention to any answer based on opinions. The question you asked is regarding Islam, the knowledge of Islam is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, and those who knows most about Qur'an and Sunnah are our noble scholars. So, this is my advice to you: ask a knowledgable person, so that you may get an answer which is true in Allah's Deen. Allahu a'lam.

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 10:28 AM
May Allah make your affairs easy for you.

Allah through His infinite wisdom does things that we sometimes may not see. And in everything there is benefit and harm, so there may have been some benefit from those deaths that happened before your conversion, if you don't see the benefit or harm in this lifetime then you will see it in the hereafter. Perhaps these deaths were to protect you and keep you safe from some harm that was coming your way, or perhaps it made you think about the purpose of life which made you accept Islam.

And all Praise and thanks is to Allah for guiding you to the straight path.

Stay firm in this religion, and make du'a to Allah as much as you can and try your very best to call your parents towards Islam. Because in doing so is great reward, as Allah says:

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"? [Surah Fussilat (Explained in Detail) 41.33]
yes brother, it's strange to think that there may be benefit in seeing people close to you die, but it is true. my father died when i was a child and I always think that despite all the grief and difficulties it caused, it was for the best. he died around the time when he had overcome a lot of his problems, I think he was the best man he could be at the time he died. I used to wonder if he knew he was going to go, because he improved himself so much in a short time... now, I know it was Allah guiding him along so that he would have the best possible life in the hereafter (even if he wasn't a Muslim)

as I said, I'll try to call my family toward Islam but at this point I can't even imagine it since they don't even know about my conversion yet. if it does happen, it will happen very slowly...

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
Assalam Alaykum Sister Shahrazad.

This thread from its begining specially this Quote really shaked me... It reminds me of what the prophet -peace be upon him- himself faced in his Dawa journey..when Allah said to him

Perhaps, you, would kill yourself (O Muhammad SAW) in grief, over their footsteps (for their turning away from you), because they believe not in this narration (the Qur'ân). -surat Alkahf verse 6.

Allah said to him in another verse :

Verily! You (O Muhammad SAW) guide not whom you like, but Allâh guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided.

Sister Sharazad! where is the Prophet's Father? where is the prophet's uncle whom he loved?
the prophet himself stated that they are in hell... I'm not saying leave them don't invite them no.. but I'm showing you that this is a known case even in the prophet Family ... not just our prophet but look at the prophet Ibrahim.. where is his father!? Look at the prophet Noah where is his wife? where is his beloved son ? look at the prophet Lout where is hie wife? ..they are All in hell...

Sister Shahrazad! don't think its unfair! Asstaghfirullah...never! ...don't think that even ALL born muslims will be better than those . NO!

see how many born muslims whom don't pray?

Stop thinking about results we are now still alive... we need to plan how we will invite them to islam.. we need prayers and tears , we need supplications .

Sister! what you feel towards your family must be towards every human being who lives on this earth.. we need to live that life of Dawah.. we need to care about others , we need to show them this mercy Allah has blessed us with . we need to spend our lives in Saving others and seeking their Salvation.

we all have alot to do to our families and all people around us..

what are you planing to do with your parents? this is the most important Issue now.

may Allah be with you
wa alaykum assalam brother Makky, thanks for your input... yes, it's true that even the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have been separated from his family at death.

I agree that it's not a given that all born Muslims will reap the benefits in the hereafter.... that's what I was referring to as unfair. but I don't think I can believe that's the truth, things can never be that simple. Allah could never be unfair!!

I'm not sure how to approach the issue of telling my family (esp my mum and stepfather) about my conversion. I feel like I should first allow them to see my lifestyle changes, some of which they've already seen....then slowly, I'll allow them to understand...rather than making a dramatic announcement one day and sending them into shock. if I first show them how this has impacted my life and myself as a person, they won't see it as something so alien, when they finally realise that I've converted, it won't be something that comes as a shock, they won't see it as strange, and they won't end up thinking it's just some kind of phase i'm going through!

basically I first have to worry about telling them, and if their hearts and minds are open, accepting Islam should come naturally without me having to push too much....

shahrazad
08-17-2008, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
Ask a learned person, dear ukhti. Please don't pay any attention to any answer based on opinions. The question you asked is regarding Islam, the knowledge of Islam is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, and those who knows most about Qur'an and Sunnah are our noble scholars. So, this is my advice to you: ask a knowledgable person, so that you may get an answer which is true in Allah's Deen. Allahu a'lam.
thanks brother, I may do so...

but I may have found my answer...Allah is Merciful and won't send just anyone to hell... and I think the unbelievers who are sent to hell are those who knew enough about Islam, knew it is the truth, but still rejected it because of their own arrogance...

also I agree with STORM2 in that we can't know what Allah will decide on the day of judgement, so we shouldn't spend too much time speculating or pretending to understand how it all works. no one truly knows what will happen...all we can do is try to be the best we can be, and have faith that we'll be rewarded for it somehow someday

Eric H
08-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Greetings and peace bew with you STORM 2; welcome to the forum and thank you for a very wise first post.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Eric H
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Greetings and peace be with you shahrazad;
Allah is Merciful
Surely being merciful means that God is merciful to people who do not deserve mercy.

Why would God need to be merciful to good people who have done no wrong?

I am a Christian and I have family and friends who are not Christian, like you I hope and pray they may also find salvation. Regardless of our faith we rely on God’s mercy, the same God hears all our prayers.

I would not like to see you condemned to hell because you do not follow the Christian beliefs, in the same kind of way you do not want to see your non Islamic friends condemned. The chances are I will go to my grave a Christian, and you will go to your grave a Muslim.

Your faith comes from the same God who gave me my faith, why should I try and change what God has given you? Why should you try and change what I believe God has given me?

If we are able to forgive and pray for those who are different to ourselves we might see how it is possible for God to forgive.

If we condemn people who are different to us we might see how God condemns.

It has been said that we reflect the God we worship, and the challenging question is what kind of God do I worship?

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God.

Eric

Makky
08-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Eric
Greetings Eric..
may Allah grant you the peaceful life.

I didn't get your point

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

All praise is due to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. May salawat i salam be upon His slave and messenger Muhammad, his family and companions.

Surely being merciful means that God is merciful to people who do not deserve mercy.
Allah SWT gives people to live on His Earth, while they continue to spread lies about Him SWT. Also: Whoever brings a good deed, he shall have ten like it, and whoever brings an evil deed, he shall be recompensed only with the like of it, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly. That's only something from Allah's mercy. His SWT mercy is greater than a mother's mercy towards her baby.

The problem with the Christian belief is that Allah's SWT justice doesn't fit in it.

Be aware that shirk, the opposite of oneness of Allah, is the greatest sin and the most dangerous thing can do.

I would not like to see you condemned to hell because you do not follow the Christian beliefs, in the same kind of way you do not want to see your non Islamic friends condemned. The chances are I will go to my grave a Christian, and you will go to your grave a Muslim.
Noone of us would like to see his friends in Jahannam, however, we must know that one who has erred, and who was warned, and who got proofs, and who got time to repent, yet failed to do so really deserves punishment. That's justice. Those who do good can't be the same as those who do evil.

Your faith comes from the same God who gave me my faith, why should I try and change what God has given you? Why should you try and change what I believe God has given me?
Actually it doesn't. Christianity doesn't come from God, subhanahu wa ta'ala. God has given you fitrah, a natural inclination towards tawheed, my dear friend. It's not rational to say that Allah SWT gives you a faith and is pleased with it, because it's non sense to say that people who believe contradictory things end up in the same manner.

If we are able to forgive and pray for those who are different to ourselves we might see how it is possible for God to forgive.
Iman and kufr, belief and disbelief are things for which Allah, 'azza wa jalla, rewards or punishes a person. We can call someone to Allah's religion, we can advice him, we can learn our deen so as to give our best, but we can't do what's Allah's job.
It has been said that we reflect the God we worship, and the challenging question is what kind of God do I worship?
I don't think that's not true. Nothing is like God, may He be exalted. He SWT doesn't depend on us, and doesn't take anything from His slaves.

And all praise is due to Allah alone, and may salawat i salam be upon Allah's Nabiyy.

Makky
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM

Edit : Surely being merciful means that God is merciful to people who do not deserve mercy and to people who deserve it

For me I Believe that I deserve punishment

show me a person you know who has done no wrong?

I am a Christian and I have family and friends who are not Christian, like you I hope and pray they may also find salvation. Regardless of our faith we rely on God’s mercy, the same God hears all our prayers.
you are contradiciting the bible though you are christian : the known christianity doesn't consider other religions a way for salavation.
in Luke 19/26-27 christians claim that jesus said :
26"He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."
can I Say I was born Ignorant why should I seek knowledge?

You Erich yourself! God gave you things and you seek to change it...poor people , can they say God wants us to be poor we wont try to be rich?

Eirch if you find a pain why don't you say this Pain is from GOD , I will not go to the doctor?

Really very surprising i didn't excpect it from you!!

Woodrow
08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by STORM 2
This post is worth repeating. To add to it I will add, we do not know. But, we do know Allaah(swt) is all just and nobody will ever recieve punishment without it being the will of Allaah(swt).

MustafaMc
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I can empathize with what you must be feeling. I am the only Muslim in my family. Both of my parents have died as non-Muslims after my reversion and being aware of Islam and my belief in the Oneness of Allah. Following the example of Abraham in the Qur'an, I do not pray for the forgiveness of their sins because they died as Christians. As has been stated it is only for Allah to judge and we can neither know if a "good Muslim" will go to Heaven or if an "irreligious agnostic" will go to Hell. For that matter, though I strive to submit my will to that of Allah, I don't know whether or not even I will gain Paradise. Since I don't know the purity of my own intentions, how can I judge another's. Yet your question brings this ayat to my mind:

Qur'an 5:116-118 After reminding him of these favors, Allah will say: "O Isa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Marry), Did you ever say to the people, "worship me and my mother as gods beside Allah?" He will answer: "Glory to You! How could I say what I had no right to say? If I had ever said so, you would have certainly known it. You know what is in my heart, but I know not what is in Yours; for You have full knowledge of all the unseen. I never said anything other than what You commanded me to say, that is to worship Allah, Who is my Rabb and your Rabb. I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them; but when You called me off, You were the Watcher over them and You are a Witness to everything. If You punish them, they surely are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are Mighty, Wise."

While I still pray for the future guidance of my son, my brother, my sister, my uncles and my aunt, I realize that they are outside of the realm of Islam and that they commit the major sin of ascribing partners to Allah in their worship of the human, Jesus. Although I believe in God, my parents were upset by my Islamic faith because I had rejected Jesus as the Son of God and therefore the "free gift of salvation". In Islam we see that Christians commit shirk in saying Jesus was the Son of God.

9:30-31 The Jews say: "Uzair (Azra) is the son of Allah," and the Christians say: " Messiah (Christ) is the son of Allah." That is what they say with their mouths, imitating the sayings of the former unbelievers. May Allah destroy them! How perverted they are! They (Jews and Christians) have taken their rabbis and priests to be their Lords beside Allah and so they did with Messiah (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary), although they were commanded in the Torah and the Gospel to worship none but One Ilah (Allah); besides Whom there is none worthy of worship. Exalted be He above those whom they associate with Him.

It is difficult for us to fathom the seriousness of this sin, but according to my understanding of Islam, shirk is the unforgivable sin:

Qur'an 4:48-49 Surely Allah does not forgive shirk (associating any partner with Him); and may forgive sins other than that if He so pleases. This is because one who commits shirk with Allah, does indeed invent a great sinful lie. Have you not seen those who speak very highly of their own purity even though they are committing shirk. In fact, Allah purifies whom He wishes. If the mushrikin are not purified no injustice, even equal to the thread of a date-stone, is being done to them.

...and yet the judgment remains with Allah.

Makky
08-21-2008, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This post is worth repeating. To add to it I will add, we do not know. But, we do know Allaah(swt) is all just and nobody will ever recieve punishment without it being the will of Allaah(swt).
Dear Woodrow if you just said :
we do know Allaah(swt) is all just and nobody will ever recieve punishment without it being the will of Allaah(swt)
that would be better than repeating Storm2's post.. which is totally unacceptable..

We -Muslims- have Quran and Sunnah and the understanding of the compainions to the Quran and sunnah , No one on this Earth can say Ignore what is in Quran and sunnah and the understanding of companions..

We Do believe that Allah is the All just
We Do believe that Allah wont punish anyone if he doesn't deserve this punishment
We Do believe that Allah is the merciful

All of this Don't contradict what we -Muslims- believe in : that the only Accepted religion in the next life is ISLAM.

Nothing in the Book of Allah is called changing rules (astaghfirullah)
Allah (SWT) said :

لَا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَـٰتِهِۦ وَلَن تَجِدَ مِن دُونِهِۦ مُلۡتَحَدً۬ا (٢٧)
the translation of the meaning is :

None can change His Words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him. (27)
We Do believe that there are some people who are Called Alhlul fatrah. who lived in an age when there is no prophet or a message from Allah , and people who are in similar cases , and we do believe that they will be tested in the hearafter.
the following links are very very important:
Did the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) become Muslim?

If kaafirs have good morals, will they enter Paradise? Will the children of the kuffaar enter Paradise?

Jazakum Allahu khairan

Eeman
08-21-2008, 10:54 PM
sounds like a yes...

thats not true sis, there are many many many sadly and i mean many muslims that are born muslim know everything have that privilige but yet are worse than the kafir... i mean at least you can say that oh so and so is not a muslim and woasnt born into a muslim family therefore doesnt know etc... but Wallah you will be shocked if you see some of the muslim bros and sisters that are muslim by name and born into the ummah... i pray that Allah swt guides their hearts Insha'Allah.

ISLAAAAAAAM
08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
My brothers

all non moslims are in the hell as long as they donot believe in god or his profgits
anyone denies any profit of god is out of islam

all poeple who die on islam (true islam) will be finally in paradise

some moslims who die on islam may be punished foor mistakes but at the end they will go to paradise

Eric H
08-23-2008, 12:04 AM

that would be better than repeating Storm2's post.. which is totally unacceptable..
I believe Storm's post is closer to the truth.

We -Muslims- have Quran and Sunnah and the understanding of the compainions to the Quran and sunnah , No one on this Earth can say Ignore what is in Quran and sunnah and the understanding of companions..

We Do believe that Allah is the All just
We Do believe that Allah wont punish anyone if he doesn't deserve this punishment
We Do believe that Allah is the merciful

All of this Don't contradict what we -Muslims- believe in : that the only Accepted religion in the next life is ISLAM.

Nothing in the Book of Allah is called changing rules (astaghfirullah)
Allah (SWT) said :

the translation of the meaning is :

We Do believe
that there are some people who are Called Alhlul fatrah. who lived in an age when there is no prophet or a message from Allah , and people who are in similar cases , and we do believe that they will be tested in the hearafter.
the following links are very very important:
Did the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) become Muslim?

If kaafirs have good morals, will they enter Paradise? Will the children of the kuffaar enter Paradise?

Jazakum Allahu khairan
You have used the phrase 'We believe' five times in the above post. Believing indicates a lack of proof, therefor Storm's post makes more sense.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship,

Eric

abs
08-23-2008, 12:08 AM

i am depressed now...
inshaallah

ur family bcums muslims hopefully and they will just try and cunvince them

Makky
08-23-2008, 02:58 AM

I believe Storm's post is closer to the truth.

You have used the phrase 'We believe' five times in the above post. Believing indicates a lack of proof, therefor Storm's post makes more sense.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship,

Eric
there are 2 posts You didn't answer, why now you come and quate from what i posted , please answer my Question.. and for what you said : if you just pay few time to read what is in the 2 links you wont say there is no proof...

links againhttp://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/43045
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13350
please be brave and answer my Questions

Eric H
08-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Makky

Sadly there is no absolute proof that God exists, if there were then we would all see this proof in the same way. Atheists will tell you that your proof relies on a book written by a man, the same can be said for Christianity. Reading your proof will only lead to arguments on truth that we both cannot prove to each other.

I believe scriptures are written in a way so that we might strive to change ourselves; more than we should strive to change others.

I have a great respect for Islam and I have a great respect for many of you on this forum, but I am a Christian and I have Christian beliefs. Events have happened in my life that have proved to me Christianity is the truth.

God works in mysterious ways, the same God created you a Muslim and me a Christian, the same God hears both our prayers. Despite all our differences there is the need to pray for each other; that we might both have salvation, even if we both go to our graves with opposing beliefs.

In the spirit of praying for salvation for all people, despite all our beliefs.

Eric

MustafaMc
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Atheists (and adherents to other religions) will tell you that your proof relies on a book written by a man, the same can be said for Christianity. Reading your proof will only lead to arguments on truth that we both cannot prove to each other.
Yes, this is true because you don't respect the Qur'an as the Word of Allah any more than I accept the Bible as being the uncorrupted Word of Allah. However, I can recognize bits and pieces of the Bible as being consistent with the Message of the Qur'an. I recognize those portions as possibly being Divinely inspired.
I believe scriptures are written in a way so that we might strive to change ourselves; more than we should strive to change others.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Didn't Jesus (as) send out his disciples to spread the Good News? Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
God works in mysterious ways, the same God created you a Muslim and me a Christian, the same God hears both our prayers.
....again I would have to disagree with you here. Allah did not create me as a Muslim. I was born into a Christian family, but I chose to be a Muslim. I felt guided by Allah to the Truth, but He did not make me be a Muslim. You were also born into a Christian family (I presume), but you choose to remain a Christian despite knowing that Islam teaches doctrine contrary to your own.

Yes, there is but One God, but our concepts of Him are radically different as taught by our respective religions.
Despite all our differences there is the need to pray for each other; that we might both have salvation, even if we both go to our graves with opposing beliefs.
Yes, I pray for your guidance to the Truth, but I don't pray for your salvation outside of Islam. If Allah chooses to forgive you despite what is stated in the Qur'an, then Alhadulillah as I have not heard you speak disrespectfully of Muhammad (saaws), or of Islam.

In the spirit of praying for guidance to the Straight Way that leads to eternal salvation.

Thinker
08-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Do all non-Muslims go to hell?

God must be perfect; it would be illogical to suggest that God is imperfect. Justice is a perfect perception, consequently God cannot be unjust; it would be illogical to suggest that God would be unjust. To suggest that there are no ‘good’ men amongst non-believers is ludicrous. To send a ‘good’ man to hell just because he is not a Muslim would be unjust and God cannot be unjust.

But the again it clearly says in the Qur’an that non-believers will go to hell whether or not they are ‘good’ men and the Qur’an is the word of God dictated to Mohammed.

How do you reconcile what is clearly illogical?

glo
08-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi, Thinker. Nice to meet you. :)

I understand your reasoning ... but it assumes that God's understanding of justice is the same as our human one.
How can we be sure that that is the case?

Thinker
08-23-2008, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I understand your reasoning ... but it assumes that God's understanding of justice is the same as our human one.
How can we be sure that that is the case?
Because justice is a perfect perception. You can have a situation whereby one persons sees an outcome as just and another person sees the same outcome as unjust but that's because we are people and imperfect; God is perfect and as such cannot be unjust. Clearly to say that a 'good' person will be punished for doing nothing wrong cannot by any stretch of the imagination, be considered just.

glo
08-23-2008, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
God is perfect and as such cannot be unjust.
I agree with that.
Clearly to say that a 'good' person will be punished for doing nothing wrong cannot by any stretch of the imagination, be considered just.
Again, that would depend on what behaviour God would consider to be punishable.

The question really is, does the Qu'ran reflect the rules which God judges us all by?
Muslims believe it does, non-Muslims don't ...

If the Qu'ran is right, then all who don't obey it are not 'good' in God's eyes ... and therefore punishable - regardless of what the human law may say ...

Makky
08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Do all non-Muslims go to hell?

God must be perfect; it would be illogical to suggest that God is imperfect. Justice is a perfect perception, consequently God cannot be unjust; it would be illogical to suggest that God would be unjust. To suggest that there are no ‘good’ men amongst non-believers is ludicrous. To send a ‘good’ man to hell just because he is not a Muslim would be unjust and God cannot be unjust.

But the again it clearly says in the Qur’an that non-believers will go to hell whether or not they are ‘good’ men and the Qur’an is the word of God dictated to Mohammed.

If you are a father and each one of your children treat his brother well and all of them have morals etc.. but one of those children always denies you and what you did to him , always treat you bad , never do anything from what you asked/orderes him.. is he just if he punished him?

thinker you must separate between 2 things if you want to talk about justice

there are 2 kinds of realtions here : 1- the relation between man and God
2- the relation between man and man

Allah will punish a muslim if he wronged a non-muslim this is GOD's justice between man and man
Allah's justice for his right to be worshiped and loved from those who he created - those whom where nothing before he created them- he gave them sight and taste and all other benefaction yet they deny him and reject
his faith and disobey his orders..if he decided to punish them he will be the All just .

MustafaMc
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I agree with Glo that our limited human understanding of justice, and mercy for that matter, is incomplete and it does not fully convey a comprehensive understanding of the absolute Justice of Allah nor the vastness of His Mercy.
We are completely incapable of judging whether a person deserves Heaven or Hell. Our minds are extremely limited and we know only of Allah the portion that He has revealed to us. Why, heck, I can't even comprehend the distance to the nearest star 4.2 light years (4.2 X 6 trillion miles = 25 trillion miles). Why should I think that I can comprehend the Justice of Allah?

Eric H
08-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Thinker;
justice is a perfect perception.
We do not choose to come into this world, our parents and God make this decision for us. I feel it would be fair to say that none of us would choose to be born, live a few years and be condemned to an eternity in hell if we get it wrong.

Given free choice we would prefer not to come into this world at all if we had to suffer an eternity in this way.

For God to be fair and just there must be a solution to this question

In the spirit of searching for a fair, just, loving and forgiving God.

Eric

suffiyan007
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM
because hidayah of Allah in Allah's hands...so let Allah chose the chosen one in ya family...so pray to Allah...that Allah pick some of your family into islam...! not anyone is good in luck...so Allah chose whom he chosen......! like grammy nominees! something that can win Allah hearts can embrace islam!

suffiyan007
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM

u r new convert..?

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Brother Makky, The Prophet's Parents practiced the religion of Abraham, the true monotheistic way. Is the way I heard, much like what The Prophet used to do before the decent of the Qur'an.

NoName55
08-23-2008, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
Brother Makky, The Prophet's Parents practiced the religion of Abraham, the true monotheistic way. Is the way I heard, much like what The Prophet used to do before the decent of the Qur'an.
Is that not a Shiite belief? (I heard it from one of their preachers.

Other sources (non-shiite) says that before the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) all Arabs were idol worshippers.

'Abd-al Latif
08-23-2008, 06:34 PM

Other sources (non-shiite) says that before the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) all Arabs were idol worshippers.
:sl:

To my knowledge Quraish in the pre-Islamic era used to practice some rituals that were linked to Prophet Ibrahim (a.s) but most of the religion (of Ibrahim) was destorted and changed with the filth of polytheism.

But Allah knows best.

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM

Yes, but The Prophet received from his parents the knowledge of the religion of Abraham. Which is how he lived his life until the Qur'an.It is only logical.

I am Sunni. by the way.

There was also a man who was an ummah by himself, he believed in the original form of the Abrahamic way, he was Hanifa, he didn't eat of the meat of the Quraish and used to condemn them. He used to say to them " Allah has created this animal, gave it life,gave it food and cared for it, and you slaughter it in the name of something else"

he will be resurrected alone as a single man Ummah.

Makky
08-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Please brother read the link i posted before...

here again

please read it carefully

jazak Allahu khairan

Makky
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes, but The Prophet received from his parents the knowledge of the religion of Abraham. Which is how he lived his life until the Qur'an.It is only logical.

I am Sunni. by the way.
The prophet's father died before his birth
the prophet mothers died while he was about 6 years old

anyway dear brother
evidence is there in the link i posted

jazak Allahu khairan

NoName55
08-23-2008, 08:17 PM

I am Sunni. by the way.

There was also a man who was an ummah by himself, he believed in the original form of the Abrahamic way, he was Hanifa, he didn't eat of the meat of the Quraish and used to condemn them. He used to say to them " Allah has created this animal, gave it life,gave it food and cared for it, and you slaughter it in the name of something else"

he will be resurrected alone as a single man Ummah.
JazakaAllah khair wa salaam

noreason2cry
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
We know Allah by his attributes. Allah is the all knowing and the Just.
There will be no unfairness in his judgment. The other point is that the Quran is the word of Allah and it clearly states that Allah will not accept any other religion but Islam.
I don't think there is anything left to interpretation here....

usman2468
08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
If I know anything about this topic then I will say that YES, all non muslims will go to hell.
Surah Al Asr goes...

1. By Al-'Asr (the time).

2. Verily! Man is in loss,

3. Except those who believe (in Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'rûf)which Allâh has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which Allâh has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allâh's Cause during preaching His religion of Islâmic Monotheism or Jihâd, etc.).

---Translation taken from muslimconverts.com---

This surah mentions the minimum criteria for entering paradise.

1. Believe in ONE Allah
2. Do righteous deeds
3. Abstain from evil deeds
4. Patience

These four virtues are the minimum criteria. All other people are at loss.

I heard this in a lecture from Dr.Zakir Naik. For those who do not know him, he is a well-known and extremely literate in Islam. He can literally quote verses not only from Quran but from many other books including Bible.

shahrazad
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
u r new convert..?
sorry haven't checked this thread in a while....gosh, didn't realise i was starting such a hot debate :exhausted

yes I'm a new convert... my family don't know yet. I will try to break the news slowly......

coddles76
08-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Your duty as a muslim is to pray and make DUA for your family members that ALLAH SWT may guide them while you can and while they are still alive. If a person dies on Shirk (associating partners) then that when its too late. Try your best be a good muslim, show a good example and pray that Allah SWT will guide them because then you will have the best of them in this world and in the hereafter. Remember that even if your parents do not join you in heaven, there is no dispair in heaven and you will not sense the loss, because in heaven Allah SWT erases all dispair and sorrow and you will not even sense you are missing anything. Dunya is nothing like Paradise so don't even try to compare, as how you are living now will not be the same as in paradise. Paradise is more then any eye has seen or any ear has heard.

And Allah SWT knows best

ummsara1108
08-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Saying that a certain person is going to hell, is wrong, no one can say that honestly, because they are not the judge, god is....and unless your a physic only god knows what lyes in ones futher.

Plz no offense:
but to say every born muslims is guranteed into heaven, is so far out there, let's see if a muslim killed another person just because he looked at him a certain way, it's ok because he was born a muslim? or have an outside affair in his marriage, it also is ok, because he was a born muslim? or beat his children because they play to loud, its ok because he was a born muslim? I think not!

All religions have the same basic laws from god (commands) and if ANYONE breaks those laws are surely in trouble...

Christians have the same attitude, no offense, they believe if you dont follow jesus your doomed to hell...

My point would be, a person must worry of themselves before they worry of someone else. For it is only god that they should please. And only god that they fear!

Peace and blessings to all...

ummsara1108
08-25-2008, 06:04 AM
sorry haven't checked this thread in a while....gosh, didn't realise i was starting such a hot debate :exhausted

yes I'm a new convert... my family don't know yet. I will try to break the news slowly......
As a former christian, I'd advise you to only speak highly of your new beliefs with your family, for only they can decide what is best for themselves. Don't pressure them in anyway it may backfire and you will be the one stuck with the concequince, I am as well in the same situation, my family is very much into the christian religion, we debate on certain subjects and then some we just leave alone, but for me to push it on them would only cause confussion and hurt, although I have not taken shahada, I have learned many things...however...I know of many muslims in my community that think I am as great because I have taken bigger steps toward islam than merely one that was born into it. AHHHH Freedom of choice... again plz no offense...

Peace and Blessings to all....

MustafaMc
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummsara1108
Saying that a certain person is going to hell, is wrong, no one can say that honestly, because they are not the judge, god is....and unless your a physic only god knows what lyes in ones futher.
Just as we can't say that a certain person is going to Hell, neither can we say that another is going to Heaven. Your post brought this hadith to my mind:

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5:518
During one of his Ghazawat, the Prophet encountered the pagans, and the two armies fought, and then each of them returned to their army camps. Amongst the (army of the) Muslims there was a man who would follow every pagan separated from the army and strike him with his sword. It was said, "O Allah's Apostle! None has fought so satisfactorily as so-and-so (namely, that brave Muslim)." The Prophet said, "He is from the dwellers of the Hell-Fire." The people said, "Who amongst us will be of the dwellers of Paradise if this (man) is from the dwellers of the Hell-Fire?" Then a man from amongst the people said, "I will follow him and accompany him in his fast and slow movements." The (brave) man got wounded, and wanting to die at once, he put the handle of his sword on the ground and its tip in between his breasts, and then threw himself over it, committing suicide. Then the man (who had watched the deceased) returned to the Prophet and said, "I testify that you are Apostle of Allah." The Prophet said, "What is this?" The man told him the whole story. The Prophet said, "A man may do what may seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of Paradise, but he is of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire and a man may do what may seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire, but he is from the dwellers of Paradise."

... and ...
My point would be, a person must worry of themselves before they worry of someone else. For it is only god that they should please. And only god that they fear!
brought to mind:

Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Keltoi
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I think assuming anyone is going to Hell is an act of arrogance. Just as assuming you are going to Heaven is arrogance. With both Christianity and Islam it is best to be humble before God and practice humility. Personally, from a Christian perspective, I know that I'm unworthy of salvation. It is only through God's mercy that I am saved. Knowing that I myself am unworthy of salvation, it would seem an act of extreme arrogance to presume I know the eternal destination of others.

------
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
:salamext:

Whatever Allaah subhaan wa taa'la does, it's for the best.

MustafaMc
08-25-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

Whatever Allaah subhaan wa taa'la does, it's for the best.
What about or the one actually going to Hell? I don't know that is "for the best" for him.

ummsara1108
08-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Only God Knows~~~

'Abd al-Baari
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
:sl:

I think this thread has run its course, and it is time for it be closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.