o sorry..i guess its only in U.s

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/...sat/about.html

hope it helps

ur advice can be for anything similar to this..any test to get into college

:w:

Güven
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
:sl:

Alhamdullah I dont have those tests Here ...:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
08-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I did it twice this year, once as a sort of practice, and once just in case i completely screwed up the first time. I ended up doing really good the first time, and even better on the second alhamdullilah, so it went well.

For studying for it, I bought the collegeboard SAT I prep book, it's great, has everything you need to review for the math. You can't really study for the reading or writing, just practice a lot.

The math questions are not just math, there's so much logic involved it's crazy. I hate logic, lol. Definitely practice a lot of math questions so you can get the idea of HOW they ask things and WHAT they want.

So I would say go through the whole study guide and then do some extra practice from other SAT prep books. I'd also recommend doing the test twice, it really paid of for me. I went from a 700 to a 790 in writing because the essay of my first time was crap because it's the very first section and i couldn't decide what to write. My math and reading scores went up too.. It's not expensive either.

ayan333
08-19-2008, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I did it twice this year, once as a sort of practice, and once just in case i completely screwed up the first time. I ended up doing really good the first time, and even better on the second alhamdullilah, so it went well.

For studying for it, I bought the collegeboard SAT I prep book, it's great, has everything you need to review for the math. You can't really study for the reading or writing, just practice a lot.

The math questions are not just math, there's so much logic involved it's crazy. I hate logic, lol. Definitely practice a lot of math questions so you can get the idea of HOW they ask things and WHAT they want.

So I would say go through the whole study guide and then do some extra practice from other SAT prep books. I'd also recommend doing the test twice, it really paid of for me. I went from a 700 to a 790 in writing because the essay of my first time was crap because it's the very first section and i couldn't decide what to write. My math and reading scores went up too.. It's not expensive either.

subhanALLAH...ur wut i call genuis

790 is great Mash ALLAH

o took my first sat last year,jun yar..i shouldve took it earlier like my dad said but im hard headed..was hard headed...past tense

but umm i did late regerstration n had to pay 60 something dollars,my book came in the mail one day before testing so it was hectic

the essay was crazy subhanALLAH..it was the first part and i was so nervouse,i kept earasing my sentences n stuff

i did horable

im not very bright

u no theres those who have intellegence but not common sence n vis versa.well i have common sence n thats bout it all though i takes many Advance placement n hon. classes

i want a very high score but got to study which i cant stand

im taking it soon Insh ALLAH

crayon
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, about the essay, me too! I wrote like half of it then erased it all!! Then panicked and started spewing bs. Meh. I personally find the writing section the easiest out of the three, though, most of it is simple grammar.

64 dollars is what I paid, but I think those outside the US pay more.

Get the book earlier than ONE day before the exam, lol. Like a year before. And then slowly go through it all, page by page. Oh, and also read ALL the strategies they give you, tactics, i think they;re called. They really helped me. And use them when you do the practice tests at the end of the book.

جوري
08-19-2008, 11:25 PM
why don't you try a review course? I think Kaplan does it no?
let me look for you and post a link

here you go
http://www.kaptest.com/index.jhtml

hope it is beneficial insha'Allah

Woodrow
08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Relax.

If that don't work, relax some more.

No last minute work will help, just relax and enter the test free from fear and leave it up to Allaah(swt) to protect you from anxiety.

Make du'as to be free from fear and know that you will achieve the score best for you. If the score closes a door,it means a better door is still waiting.

crayon
08-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh, sign up for the SAT question of the day, they deliver a question to your email everyday, it's really helpful and convenient. http://apps.collegeboard.com/qotd/question.do

What brother woodrow said about the day before the exam is spot on, just relax the day before. Especially with the SAT where you can't really memorize anything to begin with.

Here's the book I used http://www.amazon.ca/Official-SAT-St.../dp/0874477182

ayan333
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM

subhanALLAH,JazakALLAH khair everyone

the book siit sright under my feet n i seriously dnt want to pick it up,but ihave no choice

great advice though...since ive becpme more Relgious Alhamduliha everythings beocme easier n better so i hope it the same with this test

im start today or tomorow Insh ALLAH...wuts a good score in ur standards

i hate reading,other then anything that will benefit me in the hereafter

ALLAH (SWA) wnt ask me about math,history n science...hopefully i can apply it to Islam

i really want to go to Umm AL-Qura in Mekka,all time dream SubhanALLAH but they have it were yiu have to regerster after you finish highs schoolk instead of ur senior year o fhigh school so even if i do get in i still have to take a year here in ga,..gerogia state Insh ALLAH(ALLAH (SWA) Knows best)

i really want to study Islam

anyway JazakALLAH Kahir for the well need advice

fuzalert
09-03-2008, 04:35 AM
A good score is relative depending on the school you want to get into. For many anything around 2000 is sufficient. For top, prestigious colleges, you almost HAVE to have a score well above 2100.

I used a book with 10 SAT practice tests--I think it was princeton review's..cant remember. Practice, practice, practice.

AND after you take the actual SAT the first time, order a detailed score report that shows you what q's you missed. That helps in identifying more areas to improve on.

Hope that helps.

fuzalert
09-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Oh, and SAT is actually administered internationally as well. LOTS of people take it that are NOT in the U.S.

And forgot to mention...dont try cramming last minute.

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
:wasalamex to all who greeted with salam...

Sis Ayan,

Mentioning these tests and then studying Islam, here's something which will benefit you in sha Allah: http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2008...hidden-secret/

PS: You're a Muslimah, alhamdulillah, don't say you're not bright. :enough!:

Orn
09-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Brothers,sisters I'll be going to the US to study in 2010 but found out that my GCE O'level and A'Level certificates are well.....worthless is the States so I want to know the Basic Principles of SAT like ,What kinds of maths are we talking about, what in the world is the general knowledge thingy going to be and People say that you have to memorise the whole dictionary for the English test,frankly my conception about SAT is seriously messed up and need a clear cut answers about what SAT really is

JazakAllahhu Khayran

layla is here
09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

subhanALLAH...ur wut i call genuis

790 is great Mash ALLAH

o took my first sat last year,jun yar..i shouldve took it earlier like my dad said but im hard headed..was hard headed...past tense

but umm i did late regerstration n had to pay 60 something dollars,my book came in the mail one day before testing so it was hectic

the essay was crazy subhanALLAH..it was the first part and i was so nervouse,i kept earasing my sentences n stuff

i did horable

im not very bright

u no theres those who have intellegence but not common sence n vis versa.well i have common sence n thats bout it all though i takes many Advance placement n hon. classes

i want a very high score but got to study which i cant stand

im taking it soon Insh ALLAH

may allah subhanahu wa ta'ala help you thru this testing and help you get a great mark.

ayan333
10-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Thuma Ameen

JazakLLAH Khiar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!