/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday!

Silver Pearl
08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
It's Thursday!

تفتح أبواب الجنة يوم الاثنين ، ويوم الخميس . فيغفر لكل عبد لا يشرك بالله شيئا . إلا رجلا كانت بينه وبين أخيه شحناء . فيقال : أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا . أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا . أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا .

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu ‘anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"The gates of Paradise will be opened on Monday and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allaah] who associates nothing with Allaah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said, ‘Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled.’"

[Al-Musnad As-Saheeh reported by Imaam Muslim:2565]

So its about time you made reconciliation!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Thread Approved.

JazakiAllah Khayr ukhtee.

:w:

ayan333
08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
:sl:

SubhanALLAH...so lour sins are forgiven

thats y we fast on thursdays Alahamdulilah

by the way kind off subject but wut breaks ur fast other then eating,does a teacher (male) touching u count...like on the shoulder or wut not

al Amaanah
08-21-2008, 07:46 PM
jazaki Allahu khair silver pearl.

a non mahram touching u isnt right in the first place. and these ahadith are known alhamdulillah.
read this insha Allah.

What is the ruling on touching a girl’s hand, hugging her or kissing her during the day in Ramadaan?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is haraam for a man to touch the hand of a girl who is not his mahram, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than for him to touch a woman who is not permissible for him.” Narrated by al-Tabaraani from the hadeeth of Ma’qil ibn Yasaar (may Allaah have mercy on him); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045.

If this applies to mere touching, then hugging and kissing are even more serious matters. If the woman tries to do that, the man must stop her, and not allow her to do something haraam with him.

This is a general ruling which applies to the one who is fasting and to others. But if a person is fasting it is even more important that he keep away from all haraam things and all things that can provoke desire, which go against the wisdom and aims of fasting. Allaah says, explaining the reason why fasting has been enjoined (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

And Allaah says in a hadeeth qudsi: “Fasting is for Me and I will reward for it. He gives up his desire and his food and drink for My sake.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7492; Muslim, 1151.

The one who has done that must repent to Allaah and resolve never to do it again.

With regard to his fast, that is subject to further discussion:

If semen (maniy) came out of him because of this action, then his fast is invalidated and he must make up that day. If no semen came out of him, then his fast is still valid.

But the fact that his fast is still valid does not mean that there is no sin on him or that his fast is perfect. Not at all. Rather every sin that a person commits detracts from the reward of his fast, and may cancel out the reward altogether.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not give up false speech and false actions and ignorance, Allaah has no need of his giving up his food and drink.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6057.

He also (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A fasting person may get nothing from his fast except hunger and the one who prays at night may get nothing from his qiyaam but a sleepless night.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1690; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

See also question no. 50063

We ask Allaah to set our affairs straight and to protect us from temptation.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

and check this out insha Allah:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/38153/touching%20hand

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
08-21-2008, 08:01 PM

no i ment like he doesnt mean to u no,i try to stay away from it but he's my counsler.like wen i bumb into a boy n we make contact i get all u no..fel guilty so in no way im i trying to let him touch me even if its merly on my hand,like a tap hello..i never get to it,i mean to tell him that he cant touch me in anyway but i want to tell him wen there isnt alot of plp around so he wnt look like a idiot..but Insh ALLAH ill make sur eit doesnt happen to again

but say im fasting today n he tapped my hand,is my fast broken because u n it wsnt intentional

Silver Pearl
08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
:wasalamex

wa iyyakum

The type of touching you mentioned sister Ayan isn't one of the things that invalidate one's fasting. Wallaahu'3llaam.

unknown_JJ
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Jazaki Allah khair for that

IbnAbdulHakim
08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
jizakAllaah khair for the great reminders

Rayaan
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Subhanallah Ayan, i was fasting today and i totally forgot it was Friday..i know i can fast tomorrow, but i do not like to fast on Fridays. One more day to pay back! :)

Whatsthepoint
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
It's actually Friday.

ayan333
08-23-2008, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rayaan
Subhanallah Ayan, i was fasting today and i totally forgot it was Friday..i know i can fast tomorrow, but i do not like to fast on Fridays. One more day to pay back! :)

I love your name sis,i no of someone who recently naamed her baby that,MashALLAH

yea,before i never fasted on Fridays i b/c i was told u werent allowed but then a sister told me its ok as long as u dnt single it out...like thursday and Friday or Friday and saturday

MashALLAH you dnt have much left,ull be finished i no time

May ALLAH (SWA) make it easy for all of us and make this a Ramadan in which we gain the maximum award,Ameen

Eeman
08-23-2008, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
It's Thursday!

تفتح أبواب الجنة يوم الاثنين ، ويوم الخميس . فيغفر لكل عبد لا يشرك بالله شيئا . إلا رجلا كانت بينه وبين أخيه شحناء . فيقال : أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا . أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا . أنظروا هذين حتى يصطلحا .

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu ‘anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"The gates of Paradise will be opened on Monday and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allaah] who associates nothing with Allaah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said, ‘Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled.’"

[Al-Musnad As-Saheeh reported by Imaam Muslim:2565]

So its about time you made reconciliation!
Ummmm sorry i know i know its me again... :D
But ummmm how authentic is this hadith????:X
So the gates of Jannah are only open on mondays and thursdays and tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday they are CLOSED?!?
:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

wa salam

Silver Pearl
08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
Ummmm sorry i know i know its me again... :D
But ummmm how authentic is this hadith????:X
So the gates of Jannah are only open on mondays and thursdays and tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday they are CLOSED?!?
:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

wa salam

:wasalamex

lol its ok.

The hadeeth is aunthentic, it was also narrated by Maalik (rahimahullaah) and Abu Dawood (rahimahullaah) wallaahu'3llaam.

If you die on those days will you enter paradise? Please answer

I do not know. Dying on the days when the gates of Jannah are open wasn't mentioned as being a sign of husnil khaatim (good ending) [See Mustafa Honsy's lectures on Husnil khaatim].

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.