PDA

View Full Version : dua

islamiii
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Allah Accepts and Answers Dua

[40.Surah Momin : Ayah 60]
And your Lord says: Call upon Me, I will answer you."

[2.Surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 186]
"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way."

[27.Surah Naml : Ayah 62]
"Or, Who answers the distressed one when he calls upon Him and removes the evil, and He will make you successors in the earth. Is there a god with Allah? Little is it that you mind!"

[7.Surah Al-Ar'af]
Ayah 55:
"Call on your Lord humbly and secretly; surely He does not love those who exceed the limits."

Ayah 56:
"And call on Him fearing and hoping; surely the mercy of Allah is nigh to those who do good (to others)."

Ayah 205:
"And remember your Lord within yourself humbly and fearing and in a voice not loud in the morning and the evening and be not of the heedless ones."

Duas of Some Prophets

[21.Surah Al-Anbiyaa]

Dua of Hazrat Ayub (Alaihi Salaam)

Ayahs 83-84:
"And Ayub, when he cried to his Lord, (saying): Harm has afflicted me, and Thou art the most Merciful of the merciful."

"Therefore We responded to him and took off what harm he had, and We gave him his family and the like of them with them: a mercy from Us and a reminder to the worshippers."

Dua of Hazrat Yunus (Alaihi Salaam)

Ayahs 87-88:
"And Yunus, when he went away in wrath, so he thought that We would not straiten him, so he called out among afflictions: There is no god but Thou, glory be to Thee; surely I am of those who make themselves to suffer loss."

"So We responded to him and delivered him from the grief and thus do We deliver the believers."

Dua of Hazrat Zakariya (Alaihi Salaam)

Ayahs 89-90:
"And Zakariya, when he cried to his Lord: O my Lord leave me not alone; and Thou art the best of inheritors."

"So We responded to him and gave him Yahya and made his wife fit for him; surely they used to hasten, one with another In deeds of goodness and to call upon Us, hoping and fearing and they were humble before Us."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamiii
09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
43.5 Supplications

43.5a. A supplication for the morning and evening

One of the supplications of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, morning and night was, "O Allah, by You we start the day and by You we end it, and by You we live and by You we die."

He also used to add in the morning, "To You is the gathering," and in the evening, "To You is the return."

[ This is transmitted in the four Sunan collections: at-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah.]

43.5b. Another supplication

Also related in that is: "O Allah, grant me a portion in every blessing with Your slaves who have the greatest portion with You which You distribute on this day and in afterwards: in the light by which You guide, the mercy which You spread, the provision which you expand, harm which you remove, wrong actions which You forgive, hardship which you drive away, temptation which You avert and pardon which You bestow by Your mercy. You have power over all things."

[ It is related that it is a marfu' hadith. Al-Aqfahasi stated that. It is related that it was part of what Ibn 'Umar said. The author's style seems to indicate the later.]

43.6. A supplication before going to sleep

Part of his supplication when he went to sleep was that he put his right hand under his right cheek and his left hand on his left thigh and then said, 'O Allah, in Your Name I have lain down and in Your Name I will rise. O Allah, if You keep my self, then forgive it. If You release it, then guard it as You guard the righteous among Your slaves. O Allah, I have surrendered myself to You and I commend myself to You. I entrust my affair with You and have turned my face to You fearing You and desiring You. There is no where to flee or refuge from You except to You. I ask for your forgiveness and I turn to You. I have believed in Your Book which You sent down and in your Prophet whom You sent, so forgive me what I did in the past and will do in the future, what I conceal and what I make public. You are my Lord. There is no god but You. My Lord, protect me from Your punishment on the Day You resurrect Your slaves."

43.7. A supplication when going out

It is related that when he left the house, he said, "O Allah, I seek refuge with You from misguiding or being misguided, from slipping up or making others slip, or wronging or being wronged, from being ignorant or being treated ignorantly."

[ This is in the four Sunan Collections.]

43.8. A supplication after the prayer

It is related that he said after every prayer one should say, "Subhanallah" 33 times, "Allahu akbar" 33 times and "al-hamdu lillah" 33 times and end the hundred with "There is no god but Allah alone with no partner. His is the kingdom and praise is His and He has power over all things."

[ This is after every obligatory prayer.]

43.9 A supplication after going to the lavatory

After going to the lavatory, you say, "Praise be to Allah who provided me with its pleasure and removed from me its discomfort and let its nutrition remain in my body."

[ This is related from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. This hadith is mursal. The version in the Sahih Collections, "Praise be to Allah who removed harm from me and protected me from affliction." In the Sahih collections, when the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, entered the lavatory, he said, "O Allah, I seek refuge with you from foulness and the foul ones (shaytans)."]

43.10 Supplications against danger

43.10a. Supplication against danger

You should seek protection from everything you fear and when you camp in a place or sit in a place or sleep somewhere, saying, "I seek refuge with the complete words of Allah from the evil of what He created."

[ According to Muslim, you repeat this three times. "The complete words of Allah" means the Qur'an.]

43.10b. Another supplication

Or you may say, "I seek refuge with the noble face of Allah and with the complete words of Allah which neither a pious or impious person can overlook, and with all the Most Beautiful Names of Allah, what I know of them and what I do not know, from the evil of what He created, originated, and produced, and from the evil of what descends from the sky and from the evil of what ascends in it, and from the evil of the trials of the night and day, and from the evil of from the evil of every visitant at night except that which knocks with good, O All-Merciful."

One may add, "And from every beast whose forelock my Lord has taken, My Lord is on a Straight Path."

[ There are more than 99 Names. Al-Qushayri said, "Allah has a thousand names: 300 in the Torah 300 in the Zabur and 300 in the Gospel and 99 in the Qur'an and one in the Pages of Ibrahim.]

43.11. Supplication on entering a house

When someone enters his house, it is recommended that he say, "As Allah wills. There is no strength except by Allah."

[ He also says this when he enters his garden or his shop after giving the greeting if someone is there. If there is no one there, he says, "Peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allah." That is because Allah says, "Why, when you entered your garden, did you not say, As Allah wills, there is no strength but in Allah'?" (18:38)]

Zarmina
09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Great post, thanks!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!