/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting on the last days of Cha'aban....

bewildred
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Hello y'all,

I usually fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Then, the last couple of months, I sincerely felt good while fasting. So, I fast several days a week.

My question is: Can I fast tomorrow and the day after? I mean the very days before Ramadhan? Please, I need some quick replies.

Thanks in advance.

S.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bewildred
08-29-2008, 07:46 PM
So no one can help me?????:laugh::laugh:

MT2
08-29-2008, 07:55 PM
If you regularly fast on Mondays and Thursdays or have to make up days, then it's alright.

Check these answers out:

"Fasting in the second part of the month of Sha`ban is a controversial issue among Muslim jurists. According to the Hanbali School, it is makruh (disliked). For the Shafi`i School, it is haram (forbidden). The majority of Muslim jurists state that it is permissible. Hence, it is better for the person to avoid fasting in the second half of the month of Sha`ban unless the person himself is accustomed to fast regular days such as Mondays and Thursdays of every week, or when a person is obliged to make up for missed days of Ramadan before the new Ramadan begins."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546156

Hope it helps.
:w:

bewildred
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Hmmmmmm, no make-up days. I thought I read somewhere a hadith saying that the propet (pbuh) had never fasted as in cha'aban.

Well, seemingly, today is my last day of fasting before Ramadhan.

Thanks Bro/Sis

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.