/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tasmeeh

Fazl Ahmad
09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Assalamu alaikum

During salat when the Imam recites "sami Allahu liman hamidah", and you get up from ruku position, I notice some people fold their hands (most leave it hanging by the side). Do the people who fold their hands after tasmeeh follow Hanbali madhab? And what is the reason and proof for why they do this?

Jazakum Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abs
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
havent ever seen that

Al-Hanbali
09-01-2008, 07:45 PM
:salamext:

...The worshipper is advised to put his hands on his chest, as he had done before he bowed. Both Wa'il Ibn Haggar and Sahl Ibn Sai'yd reported that this was the manner of the Prophet when he used to raise his head up after bowing. [Prophet Muhammad's manner of performing prayer, Ibn Baz]

freshwayz
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Majority of Muslims leave their hands by their sides (including most hanafis). Some put their hands together in a folded position, some eomtimes put their hands together in a cupped position etc. Just a few differences amongst the way people pray. Everyone has their evidence to support what they do (the learned people know the evidence).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al Amaanah
09-02-2008, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
:salamext:

...The worshipper is advised to put his hands on his chest, as he had done before he bowed. Both Wa'il Ibn Haggar and Sahl Ibn Sai'yd reported that this was the manner of the Prophet when he used to raise his head up after bowing. [Prophet Muhammad's manner of performing prayer, Ibn Baz]
I think, wallaahu ta3aala a3lam, that the ones who dont do that have their adilla too. so they can be right too, theres no im right and ure wrong if both have daleel who are saheeh walhamdulillah.

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I'll try to translate something from a book in Bosnian called "Svojstva Poslanikovog (saws) namaza" (Or: Characetistics of the Messenger's saws salah) by shaykh Safet Kuduzović. This is the best and most detailed book on salah I've ever read.

In short, there are two opinions among the 'ulama:

1. One should fold his hands (or her hands, as there's no difference between a man's and a woman's salah), based on the hadeeth mentioned above by sh. Ibn Baz, rahimahullah. They say these hadeeth are general and also apply in this situation. And they say: One who says that the one who performs the salah leaves his hands hanging has to come with a clear proof (Ash-Sharh Al-Mumti'a, 3/145-146). Also, they say: this is a state where the worhipper is more humble in fron of our Lord.

2. The second opinion is that leaving hands hanging is more correct because:

a. The ahadeeth which describe the Messenger's saws salah mention folding hands after the starting takbeer but don't mention folding hands after raising from rukoo'. If Allah's Messenger saws did fold his hands after rukoo' as well, that would have been mentioned, as its the case after the starting takbeer. However, that's not mentioned which means Muhammad saws didn't used to do that.

b. In the hadeeth where Abu Hurayra says that Muhammad saws tought that man praying, it's said that Rasool saws said that he should remain after rukoo' standing until every bone returns back to its place. And that can't be performed if you fold your hands.

Also, all four imams state this (See: Subulus-Salam, 1/393 with comments from shaykh Bassam)

As we can see, both groups have their evidence, and none has a 100% clear proof. Both opinions, understood from corresponding evidence, are correct, and we say what imam Ahmed said in a riwayah, and that is: both is permissible. (See: Al-Masa'il, 2/205/776 and Ash-Sharh al-Mumti'a, 3/146. It is known that sometimes imam Ahmed has more then one opinions on a certain mas'ala)

Wallahu a'lam, this is briefly translated from the book.

freshwayz
02-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Malik bin Anas narrates that folding of the hands in prayer was taken from ahlul kitab, ahlul madina left their hands at their sides as the Prophet (saw) had done.

Caller الداعي
02-11-2009, 06:42 PM
as the bro said everyone has there evidence as long its based on the quran and sunnah inshallah!

Zamtsa
02-11-2009, 07:14 PM
wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

The folding of the hands is only done when standing at Shalat, not after Ruku'.
I don't want people to do things which are wrong, as that will be a burden to someone who already said "Not Halaal to take my opinion, if there is a Hadits which contradict my opinion."
Imam Malik Rahimahullah had put the Hadits about folding the hands at Shalat when standing (not at I'tidal/after Ruku') in Al Muwaththa'.

Rasulullah had forbade to put the hands in the hip.(HR.Bukhari, Muslim, Al Irwa' 374).
It's the cross, Rasulullah had forbid that.(HR.Abu Daud, An Nasa'i and except them).

And he put the right hand above the left hand's back, left wrist and the inside of the left arm's (HR.Abu Daud, An Nasa'i, Ibn Khuzaimah(2/45/1) with Shahihul Isnad. And Shahih Ibn Hibban (485).
Sometimes he grab his right hand to his left hand(HR.An Nasa'i, Ad Daruquthni with Shahihul Isnad).

And he put both his hands at his chest(HR.Abu Daud, Ibn Khuzaimah in his Shahih (I/54/2), Ahmad, Abu Syaikh in Tarikh Al Ashbahan(page 125). At Tirmidzi had declared Hasan to 1 of this Hadits, Malik in Al Muwaththa' narrated this in meaning(bil ma'na) and Bukhari in his Shahih.

In Ahkamul Jana'iz(page 118) by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani, anyone could see the Hadits Isnad in detail.

wa fiikum barakaallah.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

freshwayz
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
as the bro said everyone has there evidence as long its based on the quran and sunnah inshallah!
yeah, true.
From Malik > Keeping hands at sides
Muslim > Folding at chest
Abu Dawud > Folding (chest/belly) AND leaving at sides
AND many more

The above are just later sources, as I've seen very little appreciation for earlier sources, but Malik bin Anas was directly linked to the channel of knowledge, even though the other two were not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.