/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan - Fasting in 2008

mehakali1984
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Ramadan is the time of the year when we as Muslims must obey one of the five pillars of Islam, fasting. Fasting is an important step all Muslims must take.
Ramadan is on its way once more. Lucky are those who will be there when it arrives. Looking back at the last Ramadan, I remember the plans, promises and changes I intended to make which did not go exactly as planned. More sadly, I remember that I knew of people that were alive then, but this year they are gone! Who would have thought that they would not be able to get ‘one’ more Ramadan?
When a Muslim man or woman fast they are learning how precious life is and how we should be grateful for what we have and feel as others less fortunate then we are.
Islam is no different-for every good dead is multiplied by ten times. In the month of Ramadan, we have tremendous incentives given to us: mercy, forgiveness and endless opportunities to gain reward.
The month of Ramadan is one of the best months of the year, in which Allah Almighty grants us the opportunity to cleanse our hearts and feed our thirsty souls with something that is everlasting: piety.
Fasting is one recipe that frees our souls from temptations and from every prison we unintentionally invent around our souls.
You can find audio Naats and Lectures at www.naatshareef.org
The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told us: “Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah) the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [Al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih].

Quick Things to keep in mind
· The month of Ramadan is an invitation from Allah to boost our faith; do not turn it away
· Protect yourself from yourself
· The fruit of fasting is piety; our way to Paradise
· Do not overload yourself with big plans
· Do one good thing at a time, and add items as you go
· Let it bse the month in which you start the new ‘you’

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.