/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith requests (Arabic<-->English) strength/weakness with scholars comments.

Makky
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
:arabic6:

Dear brothers and sisters

:salamext:

May Allah purify our intention and accept from us ameen.

In this thread insa'Allah I'll receive your requests about Hadith and insha Allah i'll reply with the full text of the hadith in both Arabic and English and I'll post whether... this hadith is Sahih or Da3eef according to the scholars'

What you need to do is:

1- write the meaning of the hadith you want
or
2- write some words that you think they are mentioned in the hadith. in arabic or English

If you want to help please if you know any translation online to any book of hadith please give me the link

Searching in Arabic is more accurate because in English translations varies and this thread is established mainly to help Arabic beginners brothers and sisters.

jazakum Allahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
:salamext: brother,

barak Allaahu feek for your offer.

Can you please find me the arabic of this hadith?

Hadith - At-Tirmidhi 5287, Narrated Abu Kabshah al-Anmari

The world has only four types of people:

1. A man whom Allah provides with property and knowledge, in which he fears his Lord and joins ties of relationship, acting in it towards Allah as is due to Him, this man being in the most excellent station.

2. A man whom Allah provides with knowledge but not with property, who says with a sincere intention that if he had property he would act as so and so does, their reward being equal.

3. A man whom Allah provides with property but not with knowledge, in which he acts in a random manner ignorantly, not fearing his Lord respecting it, or using it to join ties of relationship, or dealing with it in a right way, this man being in the worst station.

4. A man whom Allah provides with neither property nor knowledge, who says that if he had property he would deal with it as so and so does and has this intention, the load they have to bear being equal."

Makky
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
:salamext: brother,

barak Allaahu feek for your offer.

Can you please find me the arabic of this hadith?

:salamext: Sister

Jazaki Allahu khairan

This Hadith is from the narration of Abu Kabshah Al-Anmari in Sunn Ibn Majah Hadith NO. 4218

This Hadith is Sahih (4228 in Sahih Ibn Majah by Al-Shiekh Al-Albanni Rahemahu Allah)

the arabic text of the Hadith in Sunn Ibn Majah :

قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏مثل هذه الأمة كمثل أربعة نفر رجل آتاه الله مالا وعلما فهو يعمل بعلمه في ماله ينفقه في حقه ورجل آتاه الله علما ولم يؤته مالا فهو يقول لو كان لي مثل هذا عملت فيه مثل الذي يعمل قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فهما في الأجر سواء ورجل آتاه الله مالا ولم يؤته علما فهو ‏ ‏يخبط ‏ ‏في ماله ينفقه في غير حقه ورجل لم يؤته الله علما ولا مالا فهو يقول لو كان لي مثل هذا عملت فيه مثل الذي يعمل قال رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فهما في الوزر سواء
This Hadith is also a part of a hadith narrated in Sunn Al-Tirmidhi as you mentioned

the arabic text of the Full Hadith in Sunn Al-Tirmidhi: the red text is the part you mentioned in English:

عن أبي كبشة الأنماري أنه سمع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول ثلاثة أقسم عليهن وأحدثكم حديثا فاحفظوه قال ما نقص مال عبد من صدقة ولا ظلم عبد مظلمة فصبر عليها إلا زاده الله عزا ولا فتح عبد باب مسألة إلا فتح الله عليه باب فقر أو كلمة نحوها وأحدثكم حديثا فاحفظوه قال إنما الدنيا لأربعة نفر عبد رزقه الله مالا وعلما فهو يتقي فيه ربه ويصل فيه رحمه ويعلم لله فيه حقا فهذا بأفضل المنازل وعبد رزقه الله علما ولم يرزقه مالا فهو صادق النية يقول لو أن لي مالا لعملت بعمل فلان فهو بنيته فأجرهما سواء وعبد رزقه الله مالا ولم يرزقه علما فهو يخبط في ماله بغير علم لا يتقي فيه ربه ولا يصل فيه رحمه ولا يعلم لله فيه حقا فهذا بأخبث المنازل وعبد لم يرزقه الله مالا ولا علما فهو يقول لو أن لي مالا لعملت فيه بعمل فلان فهو بنيته فوزرهما سواء
the translation you posted is for the part in the Hadith in Tirmidhi, the part of(in which he fears his Lord and joins ties of relationship) isn't mentioned in Ibn Majah.

Ansariyah
09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
:sl:

Pls can u find this hadeeth I'm sure it's saheeh..?

Ibn Sunni relates a narration of Abu Huraira that he said, "It is the saying of the Holy Prophet that definitely there is an illumination and light for Islam, like a pathway which is well lit. That a Muslim should worship Allah and must not associate anything with him. He must carry out Fardh Salaah, give Zakaah, perform Hajj of Baitullah, keep the fast of the auspicious month of Ramadhaan and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency. To give salaam to your household when you enter upon them, and to give salaam upon those Muslims you pass by. If they reply to your salaam then the angels will return salaam upon them and if they do not answer to your salaam, the angels will reply to your salaam, and curse them or they will stay quiet with them. Whoever has let go of one of the above mentioned then he has let go of a part of Islam and whoever throws them all away has thrown Islam behind his back."

Specificly the angels returning the salam part. If there is any other hadeeth out there regarding this pls can u also post it in english.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Makky
09-05-2008, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Pls can u find this hadeeth I'm sure it's saheeh..?

Ibn Sunni relates a narration of Abu Huraira that he said, "It is the saying of the Holy Prophet that definitely there is an illumination and light for Islam, like a pathway which is well lit. That a Muslim should worship Allah and must not associate anything with him. He must carry out Fardh Salaah, give Zakaah, perform Hajj of Baitullah, keep the fast of the auspicious month of Ramadhaan and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency. To give salaam to your household when you enter upon them, and to give salaam upon those Muslims you pass by. If they reply to your salaam then the angels will return salaam upon them and if they do not answer to your salaam, the angels will reply to your salaam, and curse them or they will stay quiet with them. Whoever has let go of one of the above mentioned then he has let go of a part of Islam and whoever throws them all away has thrown Islam behind his back."

Specificly the angels returning the salam part. If there is any other hadeeth out there regarding this pls can u also post it in English.

Al-Shiekh Abdul-Aziz Ibn Abdullah Ar-rajhei has been asked :

فضيلة الشيخ ، هل ورد أن الملائكة تردُّ السلام على من سلَّم على شخص فلم يرد عليه
Shiekh is there (a narration says) that Angels reply Salaam to the person who throw Salaam if he wasn't answered.

the Shiekh's answer :

ما سمعت بهذا
I never heard it before.

the number of the Question and the reply is 188/Fatawa Al-sheikh Ar-rajhei on his website and on islamway.com as well

Umu 'Isa
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky

Jazaki Allahu khairan

This Hadith is from the narration of Abu Kabshah Al-Anmari in Sunn Ibn Majah Hadith NO. 4218

This Hadith is Sahih (4228 in Sahih Ibn Majah by Al-Shiekh Al-Albanni Rahemahu Allah)

the arabic text of the Hadith in Sunn Ibn Majah :

This Hadith is also a part of a hadith narrated in Sunn Al-Tirmidhi as you mentioned

the arabic text of the Full Hadith in Sunn Al-Tirmidhi: the red text is the part you mentioned in English:

the translation you posted is for the part in the Hadith in Tirmidhi, the part of(in which he fears his Lord and joins ties of relationship) isn't mentioned in Ibn Majah.
jazak Allaahu khayran!! I hope it didn't take up too much of your time insha Allaah.

I have a few more, please take your time with them. They are due in 5 weeks from now. So there is no rush insha Allaah.

1384. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The world, with all that it contains, is accursed except for the remembrance of Allah that which pleases Allah; and the religious scholars and seekers of knowledge.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

1385. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who goes forth in search of knowledge is considered as struggling in the Cause of Allah until he returns.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

1387. Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The superiority of the learned over the devout worshipper is like my superiority over the most inferior amongst you (in good deeds).'' He went on to say, "Allah, His angels, the dwellers of the heaven and the earth, and even the ant in its hole and the fish (in water) supplicate in favour of those who teach people knowledge.''
[At-Tirmidhi].
They are from riyadh-us-saliheen so I have the arabic, but would it be possible for you to find the hadith number in At-tirmidhi?

It is very hard to find Tirmidhi books here subhan Allaah.

May Allaah reward you abundantly!

Makky
09-06-2008, 04:31 AM
jazak Allaahu khayran!! I hope it didn't take up too much of your time insha Allaah.

I have a few more, please take your time with them. They are due in 5 weeks from now. So there is no rush insha Allaah.

They are from riyadh-us-saliheen so I have the arabic, but would it be possible for you to find the hadith number in At-tirmidhi?
It is very hard to find Tirmidhi books here subhan Allaah.

May Allaah reward you abundantly!
Ameen , Jazaki Allahu khairan.

in general The hadith number depends on the Edition, the electronic editions sometimes differ than the printed editions. for example these Ahadith you mentioned according to my copy of Ryadus-saleheen (Alsafa library) are of numbers (1392,1393 and 1395) which differs than your copy.

Do you want the numbers and the edition only ? not the arabic text?

- the 1st hadith is Hassan , NO. : ( 2322/electronic edition of Sunn Al-Tirmidhi)
- the 2nd hadith is da3eef (weak) according to Al-sheihk AL-Albani while its Hassan according to Al-Tirmidhi himself , NO. : (2647/electronic edition of sunn Al-tirmidhi)
- the 3rd hadith is Sahih according to Al-Albani while its Hassan according to Al-Tirmidi , NO. : (2685/electronic edition of sunn Al-Tirmidhi)

The numbering of the electronic edition is the same numbering of the Printed edition of Sunn AL-Tirmidi (Dar Ihyaa' Alturath Al-Araby - Beirut)

Don't worry Al-hamdulillah it doesn't take much time, though i'm not going to reply on this thread except on Fridays and Saturdays of Ramadan.I'll totally stop on the last 10 days.

Umu 'Isa
09-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Oh wow, one is daeef :s

Yep I just need the number and edition. I will type the arabic up myself insha Allaah.

jazak Allaahu khayran.

Umu 'Isa
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Brother, can you please find me these ahadith, in arabic with the volume and hadith number please? I tried, but I can't find them.

Jazak Allaahu khayran.

‏ ‏1376. Mu`awiyah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah said, "When Allah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of Deen.''
[Bukhari]

1377. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Envy is permitted only in two cases: A man whom Allah gives wealth, and he disposes of it rightfully, and a man to whom Allah gives knowledge which he applies and teaches it.''
[Bukhari]

1378. Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me are like abundant rain which fell on a land. A fertile part of it absorbed the water and brought forth profuse herbage and pasture; and solid ground patches which retained the water by which Allah has benefited people, who drank from it, irrigated their crops and sowed their seeds; and another sandy plane which could neither retain the water nor produce herbage. Such is the similitude of the person who becomes well-versed in the religion of Allah and receives benefit from the Message entrusted to me by Allah, so he himself has learned and taught it to others; such is also the similitude of the person who has stubbornly and ignorantly rejected Allah's Guidance with which I have been sent.''
[Bukhari]
These are from Riyadh us-Saliheen.

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Masha'Allah great thread. May Allah (swt) reward you akhee

WassalamuAlaykum

TrueStranger
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM

Thanks could you check this hadith for me and tell me what the scholars think about it.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,

"It is not right that any human being should prostrate to another human being, and if it were right for a human being to prostrate to another human being I would have ordered the woman to prostrate to her husband due to the greatness of his rights upon her. By Him in whose Hand is my soul, if from his foot the crown of his head there was a wound pouring forth with pus, and she (his wife) came and licked that,
then she would (still) not have fulfilled his right." (Good, reported by Ahmad and others)

May Allah reward you

:w:

Umu 'Isa
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM

Brother, can you please find me these ahadith, in arabic with the volume and hadith number please? I tried, but I can't find them.

Jazak Allaahu khayran.

These are from Riyadh us-Saliheen.
Nevermind akhee, I found them. Jazak Allaahu khayran.

Kas1m
09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I have been told by the Imam. he said 'do not lie, even if it gives you loss, still do not lie.' just want to check if there is a hadith regarding this

Makky
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Nevermind akhee, I found them. Jazak Allaahu khayran.
Ukhti, Sorry for the delay , I was intending to reply on Friday morning.

Truestranger and Kasim , Insha Allah I'll reply on Friday , the Day in Ramadan goes so fast especially when you go to work before Maghrib and go to Taraweeh after Isha then you had to sleep few hours to wake up for suhoor , I barely find time to check mails or read the daily news.

Umu 'Isa
09-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Ukhti, Sorry for the delay , I was intending to reply on Friday morning.
Its okay. I knew you were planning on replying on friday or saturday : )

I have some more if you don't mind :$

I need these ahadeeth in arabic please..?

Muslim Book 004, Number 1727:

Abu Musa al-Ash'ari reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Keep refreshing your knowledge of the Qur'an, for I swear by Him in Whose Hand is the life of Mahammad that it is more liable to escape than camels which are hobbled.[

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous decendant who prays for him (for the deceased).''
[Muslim Book 013, Number 4005: ].

[Muslim Book 031, Number 5888]:
Hamza ibn. Abdullah ibn 'Umar ibn al-Khattab reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: While I was asleep I saw (in a dream) a cup containing milk being presented to me. I took out of that until I perceived freshness being reflected through my nails. Then I presented the leftover to 'Umar ibn al-Khattab. They said: Allah's Messenger: How do you interpret it? He said: This implies knowledge.
I'm not sure if the book and ahadeeth numbers are correct though, because I couldn't find them when I searched ?

Jazak Allaahu khayran. Sorry there are so many :embarrass its very very hard for me to find them

Makky
09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

Thanks could you check this hadith for me and

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,

"It is not right that any human being should prostrate to another human being, and if it were right for a human being to prostrate to another human being I would have ordered the woman to prostrate to her husband due to the greatness of his rights upon her. By Him in whose Hand is my soul, if from his foot the crown of his head there was a wound pouring forth with pus, and she (his wife) came and licked that,
then she would (still) not have fulfilled his right." (Good, reported by Ahmad and others)

May Allah reward you

This Hadith is Sahih according to Al-sheikh Al-Albani in his book (Sahih AL-jame3 Hadith no. 7725) and in his book ( Sahih AL-targheeb wal-tarheeb, Hadith no.1936 ).

tell me what the scholars think about it.
Do you mean scholars comments on strength and weakness or comments on the Hadith itself?

The Hadith has many important points to be discussed.

Umar001
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Wa 'Alaykum As Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

It seems like a good thing you have done to open this thread brother;

So here are the ahadith I need;

1. "Whoever treads a path in search of knowledge, Allaah will make easy for him the path to Paradise"

2. "Whoever Allaah wishes good for, He grants him understanding of the religion."
Saheeh al-Bukhaaree - The Book of Knowledge;
Saheeh Muslim - The Book of Zakaah.

3. "Do not drink in gold or silver vessels nor eat in similar bowls (i.e. bowls made of gold or silver), for they belong to them (the disbelievers) in this world and to us in the Hereafter."

If I have mentioned the books then that means I just need the numbers and the arabic. Jazakumullahu Khayr akhi.

TrueStranger
09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
This Hadith is Sahih according to Al-sheikh Al-Albani in his book (Sahih AL-jame3 Hadith no. 7725) and in his book ( Sahih AL-targheeb wal-tarheeb, Hadith no.1936 ).

Do you mean scholars comments on strength and weakness or comments on the Hadith itself?

The Hadith has many important points to be discussed.

If you are able to provided the comments of the scholars concerning it is strengths and weakness it would be helpful. And it would be even better if you are able to have comments concerning the hadith itself.

By the way do you know any specific hadith that talks about the rights a husband has over his wife in detail. I mostly hear about obedience, but obedience comes naturally to a woman who loves her husband.

May Allah reward you

Makky
09-13-2008, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
I have been told by the Imam. he said 'do not lie, even if it gives you loss, still do not lie.' just want to check if there is a hadith regarding this

Brother Kasim
Assalam Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

one of the most famous Ahadith in the truthfulness is the Hadith narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘You must be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man will keep speaking the truth and striving to speak the truth until he will be recorded with Allaah as a siddeeq (speaker of the truth). Beware of telling lies, for lying leads to immorality and immorality leads to Hellfire. A man will keep telling lies and striving to tell lies until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” (Reported by Muslim, 4721)

Please check this link for : ( the importance of being truthful and the few cases in which a person wouldn't be blamed of lying)
The importance of being truthful

muslim_rose18
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
asalamu alaykum

Can someone please tell me if this hadith is authentic or not. I dont know why but to me it sounds dodgy. please tell me i'm wrong jazakhaAllah

The Prophet once asked Jibreel (as):

''How old are you?''

Jibreel (as) replied, ''I dont have much recollection about the exact age. However, I do remember seeing a Star in ( meaning behind ) the fourth hijab ( veil) of honour. That star would appear once every seventy thousand years, and i have seen the star seventy two thousand times.''

Upon hearing this, Prophet replied:

''I swear by the Honour of my Allah Jalla-jalaluhu That Star Was Me.''

( Imam Bukari in Tarikh ul-kabir, Imam un Nubhani in Jawahirul -nihar, Imam Ismail al- Haqqi in Tafsir Ruhul Bayan)

Makky
09-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Its okay. I knew you were planning on replying on friday or saturday : )

I have some more if you don't mind :$

I need these ahadeeth in arabic please..?

I'm not sure if the book and ahadeeth numbers are correct though, because I couldn't find them when I searched ?

Jazak Allaahu khayran. Sorry there are so many :embarrass its very very hard for me to find them
Don't worry about it Wallahi, Insha Allah I'll reply now you don't need to wait to the next friday insha Allaah .

jazaki Allahu khairan and please don't hesitate to post if you have more insha Allaah.

Makky
09-15-2008, 03:39 AM
the first hadith:

عن أبي موسى الأشعري رضى الله عنه عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏تعاهدوا ‏ ‏هذا القرآن فوالذي نفس ‏ ‏محمد ‏ ‏بيده لهو أشد تفلتا من الإبل في ‏ ‏عقلها
according to your edition its in Arabic :صحيح مسلم حديث رقم 1727

the second hadith:

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏إذا مات الإنسان انقطع عنه عمله إلا من ثلاثة إلا من صدقة جارية أو علم ينتفع به أو ولد صالح يدعو له
according to your edition its in arabic: صحيح مسلم حديث رقم 4006

the third hadith:

عن ‏ ‏حمزة بن عبد الله بن عمر بن الخطاب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبيه عن رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏بينا أنا نائم إذ رأيت ‏ ‏قدحا ‏ ‏أتيت به فيه لبن فشربت منه حتى إني لأرى الري يجري في أظفاري ثم أعطيت ‏ ‏فضلي ‏ ‏عمر بن الخطاب ‏ ‏قالوا فما ‏ ‏أولت ‏ ‏ذلك يا رسول الله قال العلم
according to your edition its in arabic : صحيح مسلم حديث رقم 5888

As you know All the Ahadith in Sahih muslim are Sahih.

Jazaki Allahu Khairan

Wa Assalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

muslim_rose18
09-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Asalamu alaykum

can someone please get back to me, the hadith that i posted. I know most people are busy but i realllllllyyyyyyy need to know whether it's authentic or not.

jazakhaAlllah for your time

Makky
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_rose18
Asalamu alaykum

can someone please get back to me, the hadith that i posted. I know most people are busy but i realllllllyyyyyyy need to know whether it's authentic or not.

jazakhaAlllah for your time
Don't worry sister, You will get your answer insha Allah , I follow the posts order in my answers , I don't want brothers and sisters to get mad at me.

the order according to the posts is :
1- Brother Al Habeshi
2- TrueStranger
3- muslim_rose18

muslim_rose18
09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't worry sister, You will get your answer insha Allah , I follow the posts order in my answers , I don't want brothers and sisters to get mad at me.

the order according to the posts is :
1- Brother Al Habeshi
2- TrueStranger
3- muslim_rose18

Asalamu alaykum

I'm really sorry for my impatience, i didnt realise that there was a que:-[ inshaAllah i will be patient and wait my turn. Aafwaan

Umar001
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

HIf TrueStranger does not mind then you can go ahead of me sister muslim_rose18.

muslim_rose18
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
As Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

HIf TrueStranger does not mind then you can go ahead of me sister muslim_rose18.

Asalamu alaykum brother

JazakhaAllah khair for your act of kindness, but inshaAllah i will wait my turn as it's only fair.

Go ahead with the thread, I am learning alot mashaAllah

Kas1m
09-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Brother Kasim
Assalam Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

one of the most famous Ahadith in the truthfulness is the Hadith narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘You must be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man will keep speaking the truth and striving to speak the truth until he will be recorded with Allaah as a siddeeq (speaker of the truth). Beware of telling lies, for lying leads to immorality and immorality leads to Hellfire. A man will keep telling lies and striving to tell lies until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” (Reported by Muslim, 4721)

Please check this link for : ( the importance of being truthful and the few cases in which a person wouldn't be blamed of lying)
The importance of being truthful
Jazakallah for the answer, friend.

Kas1m
09-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Muslim rose i have listened and read that hadith several times but dont know how weak or strong it is.

Makky
09-19-2008, 05:41 AM
1. "Whoever treads a path in search of knowledge, Allaah will make easy for him the path to Paradise".
عن أبي هريرة رضى الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم أنه قال : و من سلك طريقا ‏ ‏يلتمس ‏ ‏فيه علما سهل الله له به طريقا إلى الجنة

Hadeeth no.4867 / Sahih Muslim

----------------------

2. "Whoever Allaah wishes good for, He grants him understanding of the religion."
عن معاوية رضي الله عنه قال:‏سمعت النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏يقول ‏ ‏من يرد الله به خيرا ‏ ‏يفقهه في الدين

Hadeeth no.69/Sahih Albukhari

------------------------

3. "Do not drink in gold or silver vessels nor eat in similar bowls (i.e. bowls made of gold or silver), for they belong to them (the disbelievers) in this world and to us in the Hereafter."

عن حذيفة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم أنه قال : لا تشربوا في آنية الذهب والفضة ولا تأكلوا في ‏ ‏ صحافها ‏ ‏فإنها لهم في الدنيا و لنا في الآخرة

Hadeeth no.5006 /Sahih Muslim

each Hadeeth is actually a part of a Hadeeth, I didn't post the whole hadeeth i just posted the name of the companions and the red colored text is the part you mentioned in your post

Umar001
09-19-2008, 04:24 PM
عن أبي هريرة رضى الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم أنه قال : و من سلك طريقا ‏ ‏يلتمس ‏ ‏فيه علما سهل الله له به طريقا إلى الجنة

Hadeeth no.4867 / Sahih Muslim

----------------------

عن معاوية رضي الله عنه قال:‏سمعت النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏يقول ‏ ‏من يرد الله به خيرا ‏ ‏يفقهه في الدين

Hadeeth no.69/Sahih Albukhari

------------------------

عن حذيفة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم أنه قال : لا تشربوا في آنية الذهب والفضة ولا تأكلوا في ‏ ‏ صحافها ‏ ‏فإنها لهم في الدنيا و لنا في الآخرة

Hadeeth no.5006 /Sahih Muslim

each Hadeeth is actually a part of a Hadeeth, I didn't post the whole hadeeth i just posted the name of the companions and the red colored text is the part you mentioned in your post

So the first is 'An Abi Hurayra? The second 'An Mu'awiyah? And the third 'An Hudhaifa?

Are the numbers of the hadith from the Arabic books?

Makky
09-19-2008, 04:46 PM
So the first is 'An Abi Hurayra? The second 'An Mu'awiyah? And the third 'An Hudhaifa?
Yes Brother , correct Masha Allaah : )

Are the numbers of the hadith from the Arabic books?

The numbers are from the arabic electronic edition.

TrueStranger
09-19-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_rose18
Asalamu alaykum brother

JazakhaAllah khair for your act of kindness, but inshaAllah i will wait my turn as it's only fair.

Go ahead with the thread, I am learning alot mashaAllah
I haven't been here for a while. Ramadan is too good to be true this year.

I don't mind at all sis :D

muslim_rose18
09-20-2008, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I haven't been here for a while. Ramadan is too good to be true this year.

I don't mind at all sis :D

Asalamu alaykum

No! i insist :-[

I'll wait my turn. please go ahead brothers, i don't want this to turn into a debate

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaah

Masha'Allaah at Makky, may Allaah reward you =)

I know theres a queue but ill post a pending request inshaa'Allaah:

Theres a hadith, ive never read it, but people quote me it, something to do with you have to obey the law of your country. I know theres hadith on obeying the leader but thats just for Muslim leaders, this hadith is for obeying the law of the country, even if its a non-muslim one. (Apparently)

I dont know if you'll be able to find it, if you do, could you get me an explanation of it as well?

JazakAllaah Khayr...I know its the last days of Ramadhaan so no worries, no rush inshaa'Allaah.

*~~AdAn~~*
09-20-2008, 03:35 PM
this thread is very beatiful. Mashallah may Allah reward bro

Makky
09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Assalam Alaykum, I'm back : )

Eid Mubarak to you All

Insha Allaah i'll reply soon

مـحـمد نـبـينا
10-02-2008, 01:32 AM

whenever u got time insha Allah, this hadith in Arabic jazaak Allahu kheir.

narrated by al-Bukhaari (3209): “When Allaah loves a slave, He says to Jibreel, 'I love so-and-so, so love him,' so Jibreel loves him and then calls out to the people of heaven, 'Allaah loves so-and-so, so love him,' and the people of heaven love him, and then acceptance is placed in the Earth for him."

o_ahmad
08-09-2010, 10:43 PM
As-salam wa alaykum everyone. There is a following Hadith:

"Narrated by AbudDarda'"Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind." Transmitted by Ahmad. (Al-Tirmidhi).

Could someone please:

1) Find the Hadith commentary at the al-islam.com or al-eman.com site.
2) Investigate as to whether or not this Hadith is saheeh.

Thanks in advance.

Muslim Woman
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Salaam Alaykum

thanks a lot bro for the useful thread.

I read that hadith says an African will try to capture holy kaaba and will snatch its geelaf / cover . ( reported by Bukhari , Muslim , Musnadi Ahmed).

Is that authentic ?

أبو سليمان عمر
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by مـحـمد نـبـينا

whenever u got time insha Allah, this hadith in Arabic jazaak Allahu kheir.

narrated by al-Bukhaari (3209): “When Allaah loves a slave, He says to Jibreel, 'I love so-and-so, so love him,' so Jibreel loves him and then calls out to the people of heaven, 'Allaah loves so-and-so, so love him,' and the people of heaven love him, and then acceptance is placed in the Earth for him."

- حدثنا عمرو بن علي حدثنا أبو عاصم عن ابن جريج قال أخبرني موسى بن عقبة عن نافع عن أبي هريرة

عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال إذا أحب الله عبدا نادى جبريل إن الله يحب فلانا فأحبه فيحبه جبريل فينادي جبريل في أهل السماء إن الله يحب فلانا فأحبوه فيحبه أهل السماء ثم يوضع له القبول في أهل الأرض

أبو سليمان عمر
12-06-2010, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by o_ahmad
As-salam wa alaykum everyone. There is a following Hadith:

"Narrated by AbudDarda'"Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind." Transmitted by Ahmad. (Al-Tirmidhi).

Could someone please:

1) Find the Hadith commentary at the al-islam.com or al-eman.com site.
2) Investigate as to whether or not this Hadith is saheeh.

Thanks in advance.
as for the one you posted akhi in alsilsila alsahih for albani and here is the hadith

49 - " خلق الله آدم حين خلقه فضرب كتفه اليمنى ، فأخرج ذرية بيضاء كأنهم الذر ،
و ضرب كتفه اليسرى ، فأخرج ذرية سوداء كأنهم الحمم ، فقال للذي في يمينه :
إلى الجنة و لا أبالي و قال للذي في كتفه اليسرى : إلى النار و لا أبالي " .

قال الألباني في "السلسلة الصحيحة" 1 / 77 :

رواه أحمد و ابنه في زوائد " المسند " ( 6 / 441 ) و ابن عساكر في
" تاريخ دمشق " ( ج 15 / 136 / 1 ) .
قلت : و إسناده صحيح

the shaykh says it is sahih

Sabah Raja
12-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullaahi
Allahu akbar Allah's peace and blessings be upon our prophet.

Heartfelt thanks for this wonderful thread. Jazaakallaahu khayran. Allah reward you with prosperity in this life and the next. Ameen.

I was wondering if you could help me with a hadith.

I am looking for the Arabic text and its classification. Also do you know of any other versions in other hadith compilations, and could I have their Arabic text and translation.

Once again, thank you.

"A woman is married for her deen, her wealth or her beauty. You must go for the one with deen, may your hands be in the dust! (if you fail to heed)" [Muslim]

o_ahmad
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks, I found others scholars who attest it is hasan and others who said the it's sahih:

dorar.net/enc/hadith/%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%82+%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87+%D8%A2 %D8%AF%D9%85+%D8%AD%D9%8A%D9%86+%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%82 %D9%87+%D9%81%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A8+%D9%83%D8%AA%D9%81 %D9%87+/+wj

Brother Iqraproductions from youtube made a great video (youtube.com/watch?v=8Y1gLYbcV3o)

to clarify the issue of free will relating to a similar Hadith of the one posted in the link above. The brother knows Arabic, so if you send him a message, you have a good chance of him translating for you.

o_ahmad
01-09-2011, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabah Raja
Allahu akbar Allah's peace and blessings be upon our prophet.

Heartfelt thanks for this wonderful thread. Jazaakallaahu khayran. Allah reward you with prosperity in this life and the next. Ameen.

I am looking for the Arabic text and its classification. Also do you know of any other versions in other hadith compilations, and could I have their Arabic text and translation.

Once again, thank you.

"A woman is married for her deen, her wealth or her beauty. You must go for the one with deen, may your hands be in the dust! (if you fail to heed)" [Muslim]
Here is the Arabic text of the Hadith you were looking for in Muslim:

تنكح المرأة لأربع : لمالها ، ولحسبها ، ولجمالها ، ولدينها . فاظفر بذات الدين تربت يداك
(Source- dorar . net/enc/hadith/%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%81%D8%B1+%D8%A8%D8%B0%D8%A7% D8%AA/+s3088+p).

This Hadith is also in Bukhari, Abu Dawud, Ibn Maajah and Hilyat Al-Awliya. Albani declared the one in Abu Dawud & Ibn Maajah as sahih, and Abu Nu'aym said the one in Hilyat Al-Awliya is sahih. (Source: dorar . net/enc/hadith/%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%81%D8%B1+%D8%A8%D8%B0%D8%A7% D8%AA/+wj).

Sakhaawi has this in his book (Source: hadielislam . com/arabic/index.php?pg=articles%2Farticle&id=4965).

A similar Hadith is narrated by Abu Saeed & others, but the wording is slightly different. It is in Targheeb wat-Tarheeb, Majma' Al-Zawa'id, Ithaf Al-khirah, and other books.

( Source: dorar . net/enc/hadith/%D8%A8%D8%B0%D8%A7%D8%AA+%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%8A% D9%86+%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%84/+wj).

Classical commentaries in Arabic are here, which will explain this Hadith:
islamqa. com/ar/ref/34170

mdarik.islamonline. net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1122528611534&counsel=fatwa&pagename =IslamOnline-Arabic-Mobile%2FWapCounselDetailA

al-islam.com/portal.aspx?pageid=241&Words=%d9%81%d8%a7%d8%b8%d9 %81%d8%b1+%d8%a8%d8%b0%d8%a7%d8%aa&Type=allwords&L evel=exact&ID=329647&Return=http%3a%2f%2f

al-islam.com%2fPortals%2fal-islam_com%2fportal.aspx%3fpageid%3d240%26Words%3d% d9%81%d8%a7%d8%b8%d9%81%d8%b1%2b%d8%a8%d8%b0%d8%a7 %d8%aa%26Level%3dexact%26Type%3dallwords%26Section ID%3d2%26Page%3d1

al-islam.com/portal.aspx?pageid=241&Words=%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9 %81%D8%B1+%D8%A8%D8%B0%D8%A7%D8%AA&Type=allwords&L evel=exact&ID=444529&Return=http%3A%2F%2F

al-islam.com%2FPortals%2Fal-islam_com%2Fportal.aspx%3Fpageid%3D240%26Words%3D% D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%81%D8%B1%2B%D8%A8%D8%B0%D8%A7 %D8%AA%26Level%3Dexact%26Type%3Dallwords%26Section ID%3D2%26Page%3D1

islamweb .net/newlibrary/display_book.php?bk_no=53&ID=638&idfrom=4306&idto= 4397&bookid=53&startno=46

islamweb .net/newlibrary/display_book.php?idfrom=642&idto=642&bk_no=44&ID=4 81

English links:
islamweb .net/emainpage/index.php?page=articles&id=163819
islamforhumanity.wordpress. com/2010/10/08/can-a-muslim-man-marry-a-christian-woman

You will have to ask a bro or sis who knows Arabic properly to translate the Arabic links for a more comprehensive response, as I don't know Arabic enough to translate.

o_ahmad
01-11-2011, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabah Raja

Once again, thank you.

Check my previous post for the Arabic text & several links. I searched through my small Islamic library, and found this:

"It is generally the worldly consideration which predominates the mind of man in making a choice for the woman to be contracted for marriage. The Holy Prophet (may peace be upon) exhorts his followers to make religious piety the first cause of the choice of a lady." (Commentary Of: Sahih Muslim, Book 8, Number 3457 - Abdul Hamid Siddiqi's Commentary - Dar Al Arabia - Volume 2 - Chapter DLXXIV - Footnote 1923 - Page 749).

"Taribat yadaka literally means: May your hands be besmeared with dust. It is explained as being used to encourage one to action." (Ibid - Footnote 1924 - Page 749).

iqbalkuwait
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Volume 2, Book 13, Number 18:
Volume 2, Book 13, Number 18:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "All of you are Guardians." Yunis said: Ruzaiq bin Hukaim
wrote to Ibn Shihab while I was with him at Wadi-al-Qura saying, "Shall I lead the Jumua
prayer?" Ruzaiq was working on the land (i.e farming) and there was a group of Sudanese
people and some others with him; Ruzaiq was then the Governor of Aila. Ibn Shihab wrote
(to Ruzaiq) ordering him to lead the Jumua prayer and telling him that Salim told him that
'Abdullah bin 'Umar had said, "I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'All of you are guardians and
responsible for your wards and the things under your care. The Imam (i.e. ruler) is the
guardian of his subjects and is responsible for them and a man is the guardian of his family
and is responsible for them. A woman is the guardian of her husband's house and is
responsible for it. A servant is the guardian of his master's belongings and is responsible for
them.' I thought that he also said, 'A man is the guardian of his father's property and is
responsible for it. All of you are guardians and responsible for your wards and the things
under your care."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.