/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Confusions I'd like to Clear

~*Fatima*~
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
:sl: Everyone~!
Few days Ago My Niece was here & she wanted to know that Is it 'kay to lie for reason. For instance, The example she gave me. Was that if someone is in trouble like caught by the robbers or soever. Is it allow to lie then (To save that person)? I told her no that lieing is not a option. Did I taught her right?
Also One more thing that is it alright that while I'm with friends; I don't share my personal Information about my family relations as there have been problems So If I discuss them it will be backbiting? or will it okay to discuss as there are some people are can't be discuss in goodness cause of their bad deeds.
Hope My Questions are clear.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~*Fatima*~
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
HeElp someone? ... Please?

Sirat Mustaqeem
11-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Sister,

Allah's blessing be upon you. To answer your first question, it really all depends on the situation. Let's see what the Quran says;
“Truly, Allah (swt) does not guide one who transgresses and lies.” Surah 40:28.
Islam establishes a basic system for honesty. It does, however, allow for lying in these three circumstances;
1. For reconciliation among people.
2. In war.
3. Amongst spouses, to keep peace in the family.
Of course, this is found in the Hadith, which we must look at objectively. We refer then BACK to the Quran to verify these claims by Hadith;

"Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness (vain) in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing." Surah 2:225
Muhammad (pbuh) said, "He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good."

Therefore, lying IS permitted in Islam so long as your doing what is good for the ummah, your family, your faith, our Prophet (pbuh), and Allah (swt). In situations where lying can make something ordained by Allah (swt) prosper, like marriage, it is okay to lie to your spouse. In the example you used; yes, Islam permits lying.

Allah (swt) knows what is best.

All praise belongs to Allah (swt)

Saimah Ali
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeh what the bro above me said. You are only allowed to lie for 3 reasons. Apart from that, nope. =)

About your second ques, allahu alim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~*Fatima*~
11-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Thank You So Much~!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.