/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would taking a shower break fast

BNDGR
09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
This is my first Ramadhan and I have asked many questions, but one came up today, I wanted to know if it is ok to take a shower during your fasting period?
Or is it better to wait, I missed taking before Fajr and I don't want to do anything to break my fast. Please let me know what is the right.
JazakAllah for any answers you can provide.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I just Heard The Imam Talking about it And It Permissible To take a shower But You Have To be VERY carefull Not to get water in you ,
So use The Shower If you Realy Need it :D

Umu 'Isa
09-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Assalaamu alaykum dear sister,

There is nothing wrong with taking a shower while you are fasting. :)

Please read here for evidences insha Allaah http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/38907/bath%20fasting

north_malaysian
09-05-2008, 03:43 AM
can a fasting person swim?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fazl Ahmad
09-05-2008, 04:06 AM
These are ajeeb questions. Of course taking shower and swimming is permissible during fasting. In fasting you are not suppose to DRINK water. So make sure you don't drink water when you are showering or swimming.

BlackMamba
09-05-2008, 04:29 AM
^lol ya for real, of course its okay to take a shower. Just dont drink the water.
Think logically guys, we have to make wudhu in Ramadan right? Dont we put water in our mouth and gargle when we make wudhu.

BNDGR
09-05-2008, 05:06 AM
The reason behind the question is that something entering an orifice of your body will break your fast, so like if you clean ear with a q-tip going in your ear?? and sniffing of the water into nose during Wudu, some is mabye going to go down your throat right?? I know it is your intentions that your not doing it to drink.
So when your taking a shower water could easily go into your ears?? I don't want to get carried away or anything but I just want to do things the right way, and this is a question that came up. So I wanted to ask.

noorseeker
09-05-2008, 05:48 AM
never be shy to ask any questions , no matter how unimportant you think they are or trivial they seem, guys remember she is a revert , she will want to make sure,

I know ive asked some dumb questions in my time

north_malaysian
09-05-2008, 06:47 AM
but when you are swimming...the water can go into your ears, nose and mouth easily right? :-[....hmmm...

BNDGR
09-06-2008, 07:09 AM
JazakAllah to everyone, it really helps to be able to ask even the dumbest sounding questions when you are a revert and still learning.
Ramadhan Mubarak to all!!

Ansariyah
09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I heard that u shud only shower once in the morning, because showering during the day for "pleasure" and relaxation will break ur fast?

islamirama
09-06-2008, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BNDGR
The reason behind the question is that something entering an orifice of your body will break your fast, so like if you clean ear with a q-tip going in your ear?? and sniffing of the water into nose during Wudu, some is mabye going to go down your throat right?? I know it is your intentions that your not doing it to drink.
So when your taking a shower water could easily go into your ears?? I don't want to get carried away or anything but I just want to do things the right way, and this is a question that came up. So I wanted to ask.
You can put water on your body, in your ears, eyes, nose, mouth. It if passes down your throat then you break it. keep it simple, don't make it hard on yourself. just don't shower with your mouth open and looking up at the shower :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I heard that u shud only shower once in the morning, because showering during the day for "pleasure" and relaxation will break ur fast?

there's your answer ..."You heard", if it's not verified then don't believe it. if someone is telling then ask for proof. I can take 100 showers in the day and its ok. If i'm hot and its 120F outside then why not. If i'm doing it in hopes of getting some water down my throat and you do, well that's different.

BabarAli
09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
IN general, my understanding is that anything in Islam is allowed unless it breaks with the guidelines and limits prescribed by Islamic jurisdiction. Thus, whilst fasting one is not allowed to consume or drink food and water whilst abiding by the general Islamic principles. So yes, having a shower or swimming or playing with water balloons or anything else for God's sake is allowed. God wants to make your life easy not difficult, though life is a test of faith.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.