/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Power of prayer

BNDGR
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Asalam aliakum everyone,
I am a new revert, and have only been learning for 6mths. When I first started to learn I was on another Islamic board that you could ask questions to someone of knowledge and they would answer. Alhumdullilah they answered ALOT of questions I had about what I what was learning. Since I was emailing using my work address the person noticed the company I worked for and forwarded me an article reg.my company and that it ultimately was a company that was helping to hurt our fellow muslims around the world. I had worked there for 11 yrs and I was very confused by the article and what to do about it. I couldn't quit and not support my family. So I prayed Istikara prayer and within about 2 wks I was fired unexpectedly. ( this is an at will company) which means you sign knowing that they can fire you whenever.
So Allah did give me the answer and I have to say even though I was scared not knowing what was to come, I felt a peace too that I knew everything would be ok.
And yes another door did open, I was starting another business and now I am fully working on that and inshalllah it will be successful and I will be able to support myself and my family with something that I can respect.
Sorry long post.... Just this was such an incredible experience and I wanted to share it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Allaahu akbar, All the best in your new job, May Allaah reward the brother who dealt with your questions,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Makky
09-11-2008, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BNDGR
Asalam aliakum everyone,
I am a new revert, and have only been learning for 6mths. When I first started to learn I was on another Islamic board that you could ask questions to someone of knowledge and they would answer. Alhumdullilah they answered ALOT of questions I had about what I what was learning. Since I was emailing using my work address the person noticed the company I worked for and forwarded me an article reg.my company and that it ultimately was a company that was helping to hurt our fellow muslims around the world. I had worked there for 11 yrs and I was very confused by the article and what to do about it. I couldn't quit and not support my family. So I prayed Istikara prayer and within about 2 wks I was fired unexpectedly. ( this is an at will company) which means you sign knowing that they can fire you whenever.
So Allah did give me the answer and I have to say even though I was scared not knowing what was to come, I felt a peace too that I knew everything would be ok.
And yes another door did open, I was starting another business and now I am fully working on that and inshalllah it will be successful and I will be able to support myself and my family with something that I can respect.
Sorry long post.... Just this was such an incredible experience and I wanted to share it.
Allahu Akbar , Masha Allah, Subhan ALlah, May Allaah reward you ameen.

I just want you to put in your consideration the surrounding environment in the new work, because the surrounding environment at many places I worked in weren't suitable for Females.

BNDGR
09-11-2008, 04:16 AM
JazakAllah for all the support!
I am happy to be free of the environment where I worked, not too much respect for women at all.
I pray that Allah will be pleased with me now as I am helping disabled adult with care and support.
InshAllah I will be successful in supporting my family in a way that has meaning.:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.