/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from my elder sis about getting scholarship in uk

PeaceSeeker
09-14-2008, 02:22 PM
My elder sis is interested in getting scholarship in uk.
Here I hav some questions she asked about getting a scolarship in uk:
  • When to aply for scholarship?

• How much available is the scholarship?

• How long does it taken for processing of applicatio and recieving of visa?

• Is it mandatory to finalise a major while applying?

• How lengthy is medical studies? And what are the expenses?

• Are this grades in A levels enough for application? Biology - B, Chemestry - B, Physics - C, Maths - A.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
The grades are good enough.

For the 1st two points, you should look at the university website, because they can vary.

As for the 3rd point, yes you have to pick a subject to study -you apply for a course at a university and not just a university.

Medical studies, varies university to university - as does the cost, should look at the university websites. I should note, medicine is pretty competitive here in the UK. What course is she looking to do and what unis?

PeaceSeeker
09-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Course - medical
Uni - not sure abt which uni 2 go 4
Any suggestions?

Musaafirah
09-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Medicine can last upto 6 years I think..
It'd be best to also find out the style of learning, coz they differ with different unis..
Also, some unis require lower grades than other for medicine as the standard when I last checked was AAB..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SixTen
09-14-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila100
Course - medical
Uni - not sure abt which uni 2 go 4
Any suggestions?
Their is biomedical studies and medicine, If its medicine - As good as the grades are, I don't think it is likely you are to get in medicine with those grades due to the competition.

What area of UK is she looking to study?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.