/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are PM's checked?

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 12:35 PM
:salamext:

Quick question insha'Allah.

I understand that PM's across genders are often checked.

But how about those between sisters?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kas1m
09-16-2008, 12:38 PM
If they are checked then why do they call them private?

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Because unlike some forums the admins of this board feel they have a responsibilty to make sure nuthin dodgy goes on, and rightly so IMO :)

Sahabiyaat
09-16-2008, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
why is this such an issue?
does anyone have anything to hide anyway? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
why is this such an issue?
does anyone have anything to hide anyway? :)
Not really ^^

But I dont think PM's sent between sisters should be checked. That level of privacy should be allowed IMO :D

Sahabiyaat
09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Not really ^^

But I dont think PM's sent between sisters should be checked. That level of privacy should be allowed IMO :D
agreed.

Cabdullahi
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
and That level of privacy should be allowed ,THE privacy between what two brothers pm each other

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
and That level of privacy should be allowed ,THE privacy between what two brothers pm each other
Yeah I mean thats what I meant aswell :D

Soulja Girl
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
:sl:

Ditto. :X

:w:

Ansariyah
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Why wud they check peoples pms:s. Whether it's between a bro n sis or sis to sis. Thats a breach of privacy and very awkward to say the least.

Nothing dodgy happens? That's really weird. We already have 2 angels to watch over us. n Spying is forbidden in Islam.

But verily, over you (are appointed angels) to watch you, Kiraman (honorable) Katibin writing down (your deeds), they know all that you do.) (82:10-12)

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Why wud they check peoples pms:s. Whether it's between a bro n sis or sis to sis. Thats a breach of privacy and very awkward to say the least.
To ensure the safety of members, and there have been instances in the past where the feature had been abused. Also you get random psycho's online who like to bother sisters :D we wanna keep the likkle ones safe

Nothing dodgy happens? That's really weird.
Things happen.

We already have 2 angels to watch over us.
Unfortunately the Kiraaman katibeen never stopped people sinning did they?

Spying is forbidden in Islam.
Na'am, Laa tajassasu....Do not spy on one another, yet these are precautions mods take :)

Ansariyah
09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I disagree.

I dont believe that they will stop anyone from sinning. You give people naseeha but spying on them and reading their privacy is very disrespectful to me. The prophet ( saw) didnt do this practise.

If u say they check it, thats already spying and like easdropping which is not permitted in Islam.

It wud be nice if a Mod replied.

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I disagree.

I dont believe that they will stop anyone from sinning. You give people naseeha but spying on them and reading their privacy is very disrespectful to me. The prophet ( saw) didnt do this practise.

If u say they check it, thats already spying and like easdropping which is not permitted in Islam.

It wud be nice if a Mod replied.
With all due respect sis, I dont think forums existed in the Prophets time :)

I hope I'm not wrong btw, the last I heard PM's were moderated

And if mods see frequent PM'ing activity between a bro and a sis I feel they have every right to check whats going on. Since the ultimate responsilbilty of what goes on in the forum lies with the mods.

Khayr, I dont make the rules. I'm happy with them though.

Cabdullahi
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
'psycho's'

:(

Very nicely put

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:14 PM
'psycho's'

:(

Very nicely put
Akhee I'm very sorry but let me just say now....you arent one :)

Lol basically you get some people and the mods do deal with them, but alhamdulillah I dont know (m)any

m102313
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think it is possible for the staff to read anyone's PM's on these type of forums, there's no such function. But i may be wrong, i have seen a Module which gives the admin this permission.

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
I don't think it is possible for the staff to read anyone's PM's on these type of forums, there's no such function. But i may be wrong, i have seen a Module which gives the admin this permission.
I think they must have that module then since I'm sure they can. Wallahu A'lam. Akhee whats with MN?

I hope this thread actually gets somewhere :exhausted

Ansariyah
09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
What u feel is ur opinion sis, and I dis agree with u. There is nothing wrong between a sister and a brother pming. People don't always have bad intentions. I believe that u are taking this argument a bit personal since (if I am not mistaken) it was u who started a thread solely Calling that we shud stop all gender pms (as u put it).

Wat 2 adults discuss in private is their business and none of anybodys including me.

If we have lil kids here younger then (14) I wud understand if mods checked due to safety. The rest is spying, dont sugar coat it.

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
To be quite honest I'm not in the mood of having this argument. I'm fasting. If you have a problem take it up with the mods insha'Allah. I just want my question answered.

JazakAllah khayr

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Calling that we shud stop all gender pms
;D oh yeah, I asked for bro's to refrain from PM'ing sisters without reason. But ur idea is good also :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
sis im very sure the mods of this forum have enough respect to not breach the privacy of same genders

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sis im very sure the mods of this forum have enough respect to not breach the privacy of same genders
JazakAllah khayr, I hope so.

Somebody just mentioned that they do check so I wondered.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
JazakAllah khayr, I hope so.

Somebody just mentioned that they do check so I wondered.
i would never have thought anyone would do that

thats like spying on two brothers who are having a conversation in another room

eavesdropping is disgusting, different genders i can understand and agree with but not same genders

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Na'am.

Apparantly some sister recalls an announcement regarding it, Wallahu A'lam.

AssalamuAlaykum

Cabdullahi
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Sister samakah is just concerned for us as an ummah, the internet now has become a crazy place not like it used to be before and without occasional monitoring we would suffer greatly,thats all

Spying is not good but we are stupendous and we are easily tempted that we need people to spy on us to keep us in control,i would rather have some control that will save me from doing wrong than just, having abit too much privacy that paves the way for me to wrong myself

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Sister samakah is just concerned for us as an ummah, the internet now has become a crazy place not like it used to be before and without occasional monitoring we would suffer greatly,thats all

Spying is not good but we are stupendous and we are easily tempted that we need people to spy on us to keep us in control,i would rather have some control that will save me from doing wrong than just, having abit too much privacy that paves the way for me to wrong myself
I'm out of reps akhee but that pretty much sums up how I feel :thumbs_up JazakAllahu Khayran bro, may Allah (swt) bless you in abundance :)

Brother_Mujahid
09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Sister samakah
eh, who is that?

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
eh, who is that?
Erm ... Me :$

[s]its off-topic though :X[/s]

Ansariyah
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
I wasn't arguing. I was just asking why they wud want to do that n u started to advocate it and gave me ur 2 cents on the matta, which is cool.

Easdropping is disgusting I agree, period. No matter who it's done against it's still wrong tho.

I just want to remind u all to think good of others. I don't personally believe that there are evil people out here trying to harm us (Esp on a Muslim Forum). If someone shud experience a such thing, I understand that we can always report it. But to say that peoples pms shud be read jst cause u think bad things are gonna happen is kind of out of order to me.

BlissfullyJaded
09-16-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm certain mods don't check PMs between the same gender, and they only check PMs between brothers and sisters when it gets excessive and they need to check what's goin on. They most probably would overlook it when it's just one or two... It's not really a breach of privacy, because members are made aware of this policy.

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I just want to remind u all to think good of others.
JazakAllah Khayr for the reminder :)

I don't personally believe that there are evil people out here trying to harm us (Esp on a Muslim Forum). If someone shud experience a such thing, I understand that we can always report it.
Yes but sometimes people dont report and things can get out of hand. In the past few days there have been two instances where mods should have taken action against a member, they have every right to check up on members on a forum that is under their control and care

But to say that peoples pms shud be read jst cause u think bad things are gonna happen is kind of out of order to me
At the end of the day if we have nothing to hide then there shouldnt be a problem :) BUT...I think the sisters should have that privacy when they are PM'ing between themselves

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

I'm certain mods don't check PMs between the same gender, and they only check PMs between brothers and sisters when it gets excessive and they need to check what's goin on. They most probably would overlook it when it's just one or two... It's not really a breach of privacy, because members are made aware of this policy.
:wasalamex

JazakAllah khayr for the clarification fishter :D *wub*

WassalamuAlaykum

Ansariyah
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Lol we are going in circles...Mods Just let me know if peoples pms are actually read.

I got nothing to hide actually I have yet to recieve any pm from any Member on this forum. I still think that it's wrong to read what people say to each other in Pm. There is a reason why it's called pm.:sunny:

I think we have our own Imaan to worry about as it is. Talking about mine, I have stuff to read.

To each their own I guess.

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:33 PM
]Lol we are going in circles...
Yup we are.

And I guess I have my answer now although from a mod would be great.

But on a final note: :threadclo

------
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM

3 pages of idle talk, subhanAllaah. Just wait for a mod to answer. Honestly :-\

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

3 pages of idle talk, subhanAllaah. Just wait for a mod to answer. Honestly :-\
:wasalamex

Its not idle. If members have any concern they are free to voice them. And as far as I can tell the last three pages were addressing concerns.

------
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
^ yeh it is

but i gt better stuff to do

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
*poof*

WassalamuAlaykum

------
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
edits comment out

May Allaah guide us all

Brother_Mujahid
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
HALT thats enough, your both fasting!!!!

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
HALT thats enough, your both fasting!!!!
Didnt I just say so :)

JazakAllahu Khayran brother.

Please lets stop posting here now

WassalamuAlaykum

Mikayeel
09-16-2008, 03:48 PM
:threadclo (for now) Even though am not big enough a mod to close it :( :p

Yep inshAllah a higher mod will come on, and sort this thread out and give u an answer :)

For now its almost iftaar time here so hang on :D

Kas1m
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Ok i read all the thread. I just want to point out. Im not in the favour that someone reads my 'private messages' but if someone is bothering someone then he or she can report it to the mods and then they can sort it out. And maybe one or two head admins have the power to look through PMs.

IB-Staff
09-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I understand that PM's across genders are often checked.

But how about those between sisters?
No, only excessive InterGender PMs are monitored. There have been quite some instances in the past, and continue still, that prompt us to do a check every now and then.

Here's the old announcement thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...monitored.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.