/* */

PDA

View Full Version : im dying in impossible so called algebra!!

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 02:29 AM
:sl:

Ok I asked my stupid old 90yr old (at least she looks like it) algebra teacher if i could get college credit and how, she right away gave me college ALGEBRA class!! so stupid i kno. i told her i never freakin told her to do anything yet!! and she all "ok just do that and we see wat we can do" aka deal wit it!

sooo no i see numbers and letters on the screen that look more confusing than when i look at a pre algebra problem in second grade!
so i need u college people to HELP (OR JUST DO IT FOR ME)

lets do this question first. ur supposed to simplify it...^o)

(− 3x2 y −5)3(2x4 y7)2

Holy! whats that?? i dunno so dont ask. just solve or help solve please because i only learned up to pre algebra and were supposed to be in algebra 1 right now.

thank u smart peoples :-[

if u completely solve it i can send the money thru moneygram :D

WaSalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
09-17-2008, 03:31 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

It's a simple order of operation equation. Check out these sites for help
http://www.algebasics.com/

http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/alg/index.html

http://www.math.com/homeworkhelp/Algebra.html

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 03:49 AM
i do "simple order of operation" problems all the time but they aint got all that extra stuff. im in 9th grade but this stuff is considered impossible.
ok ima show u the next question...
y= log4 =( x −1)

what in the world is log???

For i =

, if 3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i, then x = ?
A. –15
B. 5
C. 5i
D. 15i
E. 27i

i swear in that whole thing the only thing i understood was "for", "if", "then" , and the question mark.

lol this stuff IS impossible. like its like a person messin wit numbers and symbols and putting it in a school. :exhausted i was actually able to solve like some of them but these are impossible!

------
09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
:salamext:

^ They teach you that when your 15 in america?! They only teach that in UK when you are 17. But then again I didn't get it then, I won't get it now lol. Sorry >.<

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
i do "simple order of operation" problems all the time but they aint got all that extra stuff. im in 9th grade but this stuff is considered impossible.
ok ima show u the next question...
y= log4 =( x −1)

what in the world is log???

For i =

, if 3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i, then x = ?
A. –15
B. 5
C. 5i
D. 15i
E. 27i

i swear in that whole thing the only thing i understood was "for", "if", "then" , and the question mark.

lol this stuff IS impossible. like its like a person messin wit numbers and symbols and putting it in a school. :exhausted i was actually able to solve like some of them but these are impossible!
My maths is pretty crusty, but with regards to the log (logarithmic) question, to get rid of the log sign, I think you need to add the power of 10 to everything..
So it'll go from..
y= log4 =( x −1)
You add the powers of 10..
y^10= (log4)^10= (x-1)^10
Which becomes
y^10= 4 = (x-1)^10
Either that, or I've completely messed up..
Oh, help, I'm all confuzzled now..

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

^ They teach you that when your 15 in america?! They only teach that in UK when you are 17. But then again I didn't get it then, I won't get it now lol. Sorry >.<
Hell no they dont teach at 15, im supposed to be in algebra 1 right now, but like i said my dumb teacher gave me college classes and i have to do them this year ALONG with algebra 1... so hard! :-[
lol sis its ok :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
My maths is pretty crusty, but with regards to the log (logarithmic) question, to get rid of the log sign, I think you need to add the power of 10 to everything..
So it'll go from..
y= log4 =( x −1)
You add the powers of 10..
y^10= (log4)^10= (x-1)^10
Which becomes
y^10= 4 = (x-1)^10
Either that, or I've completely messed up..
Oh, help, I'm all confuzzled now..
so y^10= 4 = (x-1)^10 is the answer?
i have no idea what you just did :-[ its all so confuuuusing :raging:

Qadri
09-17-2008, 05:21 PM
For i = square root of -1, if 3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i, then x = ?
A. –15
B. 5
C. 5i
D. 15i
E. 27i

3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i

broken down:

6i + 15i^2 = x + 6i

simplify

6i + 15i^2 -6i = x

simplify +6i and -6i cancel each other out

15i^2 = x

i = square root -1

15 x -(square root 1)^2 = x

Square root of 1 is 1 and 1 squared is 1

15 x -1 = x

answer is

A. -15

lol ... I hope ... :D havent done algebra since i left school over 20 years ago .. so i could be wrong

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qadri
For i = square root of -1, if 3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i, then x = ?
A. –15
B. 5
C. 5i
D. 15i
E. 27i

3i (2 + 5i) = x + 6i

broken down:

6i + 15i^2 = x + 6i

simplify

6i + 15i^2 -6i = x

simplify +6i and -6i cancel each other out

15i^2 = x

i = square root -1

15 x -(square root 1)^2 = x

Square root of 1 is 1 and 1 squared is 1

15 x -1 = x

answer is

A. -15

lol ... I hope ... :D havent done algebra since i left school over 20 years ago .. so i could be wrong
lol dont worry u aint in school no need to sho ur work i just need your ANSWER.
thank u

lemme get the next one
this is a word problem :raging:

Solve. A box is being constructed by cutting two inch squares from the corners of a rectangular sheet of metal that is ten inches longer than it is wide. If the box has a volume of 238 cubic inches, find the dimensions of the metal sheet.

SixTen
09-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Solve. A box is being constructed by cutting two inch squares from the corners of a rectangular sheet of metal that is ten inches longer than it is wide. If the box has a volume of 238 cubic inches, find the dimensions of the metal sheet.
x+10 = y where x = width, y = length

2*(x-4)*(y-4) = 238

(x-4)*(y-4)=119

substitue y with x

(x-4)(x+6)=119

x²+2x-24=119

hence x²+2x-143=0

This gives, x as 11 or -13. Since the dimentions can't be negative, the answers are (original length of the sheet):

Width = x = 11

Length = y = x+10 = 21

Pen Marks
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
In ninth grade you're suppose to take Algebra 1 right? at least thats what i'm taking right now...tell your teacher that its too complicated for you

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Thank u sixten ! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by :: MuMiNaH ::
In ninth grade you're suppose to take Algebra 1 right? at least thats what i'm taking right now...tell your teacher that its too complicated for you
lol yeh thats right but my teachers a dumbass so i gotta deal wit it.

Na7lah
09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
hmm how u gona pass?

truemuslim
09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
hmm how u gona pass?
by doing exactly what im doing right now, for the rest of the year of course. Get college peoples to answer em! :D

islamirama
09-18-2008, 04:46 AM
by doing exactly what im doing right now, for the rest of the year of course. Get college peoples to answer em! :D
and during test time?:D

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
and during test time?:D
nah i got it ALL planned, during lessons i cheat, and during test time i get a new algebra teacher coz this one gna "retire" :D jk. ok well since my tests are online this is alllll handled.

Faye
09-18-2008, 05:58 AM
nah i got it ALL planned, during lessons i cheat, and during test time i get a new algebra teacher coz this one gna "retire" :D jk. ok well since my tests are online this is alllll handled.
You go to e-school?

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
You go to e-school?
i think she does...my sister does it too

BlackMamba
09-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Make sure you get your algebra down good. Cuz in order to be successful in higher maths, you need algebra big time. Youd be surprised how many students in my calculus class have these huge holes in their algebra, this makes calculus much harder.

Speaking of school, how many of you guys have their grades drop in Ramadan lol cuz I know mine do. Like my calculus grade went from a solid 94 to a 88 and my physics dropped to 88 also. I think it's just cuz I take school as 2nd or 3rd priority during this month. I'll care more abou reading Quran and taraweeh than studying for a math test.

north_malaysian
09-18-2008, 07:40 AM
I learnt about it when I was 14 or 15.... :exhausted

But after taking a law degree... I just dont care what the heck Algebra is... :D

P/S: Never heard of any lawyers using algebra to count legal fees...:skeleton:

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
nah im gettin my real algebra all A's, the Algebra 1, which is the ONLY one im supposed to be taking right now, but now i got this big burden to take too. :raging: i HATE american teachers. no no i hate teachers PERIOD, wether they hindu, paki, arab, american, they allllll sooooo gayyyyy

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:17 PM
so you're taking both? Algebra 1 and the other one?

u'r seriously gona have to do something bout it, its gona effect your grades...

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
yah. i am. and its quite gay. Like LA people. but not literally.
Nah i just cheat with college and work in the real classes.

alright fine, ima go try and talk to my stupid teacher again. this time if she say bull she aint gna live no more (as if she had days left :rolleyes: shes liek a history figure!)

Orn
09-20-2008, 07:38 PM
man I'm already messed up by some serious Trigonometry and this sum just messed me up a whole lot

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.