/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Proper treatment of the Quran

NYAndy
09-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Could anyone give me guidance on the proper treatment of the Quran?

I have been looking on the internet for proper ways to handle and take care of the Quran but have found it difficult.

I know that the Quran should never touch the floor but would like to find out any and all other information on how to treat it properly.

Sorry for the silly question but would appreciate any help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2008, 05:37 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ers-islam.html

Etiquettes of reciting the Quran and related issues

Abu Hurayra narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: The first man to be judged on the Day of Resurrection...is a man who learnt knowledge and taught it as well as recite the Quran. He will be brought forward, and acquainted with his blessings and he will recognise them. He will say, "What did you do for them?" The man will say, "I learnt knowledge and taught it as well as recite the Quran for Your sake." He will say, "You lie, rather you learnt knowledge so it would be said, 'A scholar!' and you recited the Quran so it would be said, 'He is a recitor!' and it has already been said." Then an order will be given and he will be dragged upon his face until he is thrown into the Fire..." (Related by Muslim)

coddles76
09-17-2008, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NYAndy
Could anyone give me guidance on the proper treatment of the Quran?

I have been looking on the internet for proper ways to handle and take care of the Quran but have found it difficult.

I know that the Quran should never touch the floor but would like to find out any and all other information on how to treat it properly.

Sorry for the silly question but would appreciate any help!
Peace be upon you,

First of All I would like to say that the response I am going to give is on behalf of myself.

As a muslim I regard the Quran to be the pure word of Allah SWT.In it there is guidance for our life, beliefs, morals, and actions, how we should conduct transactions, what principles we should observe while dealing with enemies and friends, what the rights are of our fellow beings and of our own selves. We turn to it to find what is true and what is false, whom we should obey and whom disobey, who our friends are and who are our enemies, where honor, well-being, and benefit are to be found and where to tackle disgrace, failure, and loss.
The Qur'an is the source of every good and pure. So for something that I regard so high and so strong to lead me in my daily life I would like to treat with the utmost respect and purity. That would mean I would take care of it and cherish it. I would not allow anything impure to touch it or damage it. Once again it is the pure word of Allah SWT and I think I would like to treat it with as much respect as I have for the almighty Allah SWT, MY CREATOR!

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2008, 05:38 AM

Apply the teachings of the Quran

Deem lawful what the Quran deems lawful, and deem illicit what the Quran deems illicit. Obey its commands and avoids its prohibitions.

In the long narration the Messenger of Allah said: We came upon a man who was lying down on his back, and another man who was standing over him with a rock or stone and was breaking his head with it. Whenever he would strike him, the rock would roll away. Whenever he went to retrieve the rock, he would no sooner return than the other man's head would heal and return to its previous state. Then the man would keep on striking him. I asked, "Who is this?" [The Prophet then explained the meaning of what he saw]: As for the one whose head would be constantly broken, he is a man whom Allah taught the Quran, but who would the sleep from it at night and not apply it during the day. That will be done to him until the Day of Resurrection. (Related by al-Bukhari)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2008, 05:39 AM

Consistently recite and study the Quran

Constant recitation and study ensures frequent revision and that one does not forget what one has memorised.

Ibn 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with father and son) reported that the Messenger of Allah said: The example of the companion of the Quran is that of an owner of a tied camel: if he is vigilant over it, he will hold onto his camel; if he releases it, it will go away. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Musa (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet said: Maintain the Quran, for by the One in whose hand is my soul, it goes more intensely than do camels from their hobbles. (Related by al-Bukhari)

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2008, 05:41 AM

One should not say regarding his memorisation "I forget" rather say "I was made to forget

Saying "I forgot" implies neglect of the Quran and the reprimand is for the one who allows such a situation through negligence.

The Messenger of Allah said: Wretched is it for one of them to say, "I forgot such and sych verse." Rather he was made to forget it. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah said when he heard a man reciting a chapter of the Quran: May Allah have mercy on him for he has indeed reminded me of such and such verse which I was made to forget from such and such chapter. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2008, 05:42 AM

Obligation to contemplate the Quran

كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُوْلُوا الْأَلْبَابِ
(This is) a Book(the Qur'ân) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understandingmay remember. (Sad 38:29)

One should reflect on its teachings, aims and wisdoms. Through this one learns about one's Lord, how to worhip him and how to distinguish between the righteous and the misguided. The more one reflects on the Quran, the more his knowledge, foresight and practical application of Islam will increase.

layla is here
09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

One should not say regarding his memorisation "I forget" rather say "I was made to forget

Saying "I forgot" implies neglect of the Quran and the reprimand is for the one who allows such a situation through negligence.

The Messenger of Allah said: Wretched is it for one of them to say, "I forgot such and sych verse." Rather he was made to forget it. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah said when he heard a man reciting a chapter of the Quran: May Allah have mercy on him for he has indeed reminded me of such and such verse which I was made to forget from such and such chapter. (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)
Jazak Allah khair!!:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.