/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Starfish here

Starfish
09-17-2008, 05:51 PM
asalamu alaikum,

I am the wife of an imam, and I'm also a revert. i need to know how to live my life. it's a big change for my family. I never expected this.....

I need some guidance on how to succeed at this life challenge....it's overwhelming, trying to figure out how to balance family....plus there is the issue of me working outside of the home.....I concerned about how to balance work and family issues.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starfish
asalamu alaikum,

I am the wife of an imam, and I'm also a revert. i need to know how to live my life. it's a big change for my family. I never expected this.....

I need some guidance on how to succeed at this life challenge....it's overwhelming, trying to figure out how to balance family....plus there is the issue of me working outside of the home.....I concerned about how to balance work and family issues.

wa alaikum assalam,

Hmm, how to live your life is a tall order.

One thing I always tell newbie muslims is that Allah (swt) didn't throw the Qur'an down one day and tell us to memorize it, the test is tomorrow. In His infinate wisdom, He revealed it bit by bit, over a 23 year period to the best teacher we could ever ask for. This teacher was the best example of how a muslim should be, and his companions were the best generation of muslims. But, they didn't get that way over night. They had 23 years to perfect their deen.

Take it slow. Islam is a vast ocean and if you jump in too quick, things can get scary. Take your time, get your prayers in order first, and then continue on down the straight path.

I've compiled a list of helpful readings/links on my blog. I highly recommend the website iprofess. It even has a section Life as a Muslim. :D

UmmSqueakster
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Specifically on the marriage and family front, I love the book Blissful Marriage: A Practical Islamic Guide. It's written with the western muslim couple in mind, while providing evidence from the Qur'an and the sunnah.

islam lover
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
salam Starfish

welcome in islam

i hope u found the answer of your question here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Wa'alaykum salam sis

Welcome to the forums :)

Firstly, I agree with sis Janaan masha'Allah, take it easy and as a wise brother once advised me, Balance is the key. try to take things easy and one step at a time.

Also, if you're husband is an Imaam masha'Allah, he should be able to help a little huh? :D

WassalamuAlaykum

------
09-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam!

:welcome: to the forum and welcome to Islaam!

Ask any questions you may have sis InshaAllaah!

Orn
09-20-2008, 07:11 PM
MashAllah sister may Allah S.W.T help you in life and guide you to the straight path

Walaikumassalam

layla is here
09-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
The other posts said some great things. I re-iterate the importance of going slow and learning a bit at I time.
Try to set reasonable goals so you do not get frustrated
Try to maintain study of islam regularly so you do not fall into laziness
Focus on prayer first because with prayer anything is possible if Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala wills it.
Congratulations on your fortunate marriage. Ask your husband lots of questions but remember to do your own research -from sources he approves for you- as well;)

alcurad
09-28-2008, 07:07 AM
what does that ^ have to do with the sister's questions :)

any how, wa alaiky-ssalam starfish and welcome to the fold

MARTYR
09-29-2008, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starfish
asalamu alaikum,

Slam Peace to you
I am a recent revert myself, i understand where you are coming
from, just take things slowly, Allah will guide you.

MARTYR
PROUD ISLAMIC REVERT

H@fiz Aziz
09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome you will find you answer here truly just be patient

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.