/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Help

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
:salamext:

Which on is more useful in learning Arabic.

If one had to be chosen...

Arabic Grammar or Arabic writing and reading and speaking etc...?

Help, advice and input insha'Allah, please?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Arabic writing and reading and speaking

brb i'll tell u why when i get a chance :)

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
OK JazakAllahu Khayran sis.

I await ur explanation :D coz how are you supposed to write and speak with ur sentences grammatically correct if you havnt learnt the grammar?

chacha_jalebi
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
writin, reading and speakin

because like many of us learn the quran, when we are small, so we familiar with the letters well most of them, and then its just about puttin into use outside, and then speakin it fluently like make sure you pronounce it proply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Hmm, I thought it made more sense to do the one that is the most difficult and from experience Grammar is tough, and then I thought maybe I could self-teach myself the rest. Wallahu A'lam. Just want a general opinion insha'Allah

BarakAllahu Feekum

Danah
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
my advice to you sis is to learn how to speak and write and just a little of grammar as a beginning ....... dont go deep in Grammar so you will not be confused
then after you find yourself going quite well in speaking and writing you can go deeper in grammar

Good Luck:thumbs_up
I am ready for any help sis:)

Pen Marks
09-18-2008, 10:21 PM
i improved my arabic by learning the grammar but its different with different people

personally i don't find the grammar confusing as alot of people find it to be

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
grammar

becoz it needs a teacher

the other stuff can be learned without one

Al-Hanbali
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM

hmm, I'd second br.IbnAbdulHakim. If you can get a good grasp of grammar, then I'd say the other aspects would be alot easier.

bewildred
09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, you're asking the ever asked question for any language learner: What should be privileged, communicative skills or language points (grammar)? Any language teacher will tell you in a rather consensual way that both should be privileged. Especially in Arabic, grammar is pretty necessary. I must admit that I'rab can be really tough but Nah'w is central. One can't learn a linguo when ignoring some of its constituants. One has to study grammar even in a superficial way.

Pen Marks
09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
if u hav a good teacher it won't be hard :)

Danah
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM
it looks like I am the only one discouraging you sister Jolie to learn grammar....:-[
dont take my words in your mind:blind:
but really as the others said if you get a teacher in grammar it will not be hard on you in sha allah

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 10:59 PM
defidently grammar. :)

WomanOfJihad
09-18-2008, 11:02 PM
i believe Arabic Grammer n writing go hand in hand.

Re.TiReD
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Ooh JazakAllah khayr fishlings! I was thinking Grammar too...I've studied Arabic for a year with all three mods and I found Grammar to be the most difficult. Its true that writing and Grammar come hand in hand but with Grammar you wont get the all important vocab and reading skills wont be perfect etc...

Hmm Wallahu A'lam, my teacher was/is good though alhamdulillah.

Nájlá
09-19-2008, 02:33 PM
actually i've changed my mind go for grammer cos its the hardest and its better to get the hardest out of ur way.

but i would go with all of them at the same time.

but everyones different.

:)

Re.TiReD
09-19-2008, 04:12 PM
JazakAllahu khayran Sis, but I cant do all of them at once. Its an elective mod :)

Mujahidah4Allah
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
:sl:

cant you combine? are you doing a course at uni? personally i'd go for grammer ... in a way when you're learning grammer you'll be learning your vocab and you'd be able to form sentences correctly...

wa/salam

Ali.
09-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Arabic grammar is brick solid (but possible), therfore impressive. So if you want to impress, go for grammar.

Re.TiReD
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah
:sl:

cant you combine? are you doing a course at uni? personally i'd go for grammer ... in a way when you're learning grammer you'll be learning your vocab and you'd be able to form sentences correctly...

wa/salam
At uni sis but its guna be an elective so I can only choose one module and the two are seperate unfortunately.

But JazakAllahu Khayran for the advice though :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Arabic grammar is brick solid (but possible), therfore impressive. So if you want to impress, go for grammar.
Impress who? Lol I just want to study the most difficult one, the one that really requires a teacher so that maybe I can self-teach myself the rest :) Insha'Allah

Ali.
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Impress who?
You want to get a job after University, correct?

Impress the people at the interview.

Re.TiReD
09-20-2008, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
You want to get a job after University, correct?

Impress the people at the interview.
Ohhh..I get you now! lol I wont be going into Arabic though, Allahu A'lam though who knows. JazakAllahu Khayran Akhee.

H@fiz Aziz
09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Arabic writing and reading and speaking then grammar

WomanOfJihad
09-21-2008, 11:20 PM
but how can one do writing if their foundation ( grammar) aint strong? :? i mean in order to write one must know how to structure a sentence etc.

Na7lah
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
they're both really important but i'd say the grammer is more important

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
JazakAllahu Khayran people!

I decide tomorrow whether or not I'll be taking an Arabic module :) Insha'Allah

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Hmm, I thought it made more sense to do the one that is the most difficult and from experience Grammar is tough, and then I thought maybe I could self-teach myself the rest. Wallahu A'lam. Just want a general opinion insha'Allah

BarakAllahu Feekum
Wouldn't you have to learn sarf (morphology) first? :? Sarf is more useful when it comes to speaking Arabic, and the Grammer is essential if you wish to speak correctly, or so I've been told. If you're learning Arabic to study the deen, I'd strongly advise you to pay attention to Na7w. But with any language, you can't learn it except with four things:

Reading
Writing
Listening
Speaking

Neglect any of these and your Arabic will suffer. I also advise you to read simple story book for children to increase your vocab. Just some tips from my teacher. :)

Concerning Grammar, A Man once said to Hasan Al-Basree (rahimahullah):

يَا أبُو سَعِيْدٍ

'O' Aboo Sa'eed!'

So he responded:

كَسْبُ الدَّرَاهِمِ شَغَلَكَ عَنْ أنْ تَقُولَ يَا أبَا سَعِيْدٍ

'The earning of Dirhams has occupied you from (correctly) saying 'O' Abaa Sa'eed'.'

Source

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 08:11 PM
JazakAllahu Khayran sister. I studied Sarf when I was 14 (5 years ago) and I still remem the basics. I obviously cant pick and choose what I want to be taught from the syllabus but I think Grammar looks to be the best option so far, Insha'Allah.

JazakAllahu Khayran once again.

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
10-01-2008, 09:25 PM

Taking Arabic Grammar as of next week insha'Allah! :)

Thread closed, JazakAllahu Khayran all.

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.