/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is shariah law?

anonymous
09-21-2008, 01:02 PM
:-[ What is shariah law when i typed it into google I just got websites from non muslim sources and I wanted to find out from people of knowledge. So is there any websites you could refer me to or even tell me yourselves.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
It's not called Shari'a 'law' because Shari'a is a law. It's the law of Allah, divine guidelines and rulings in all aspects of life that is for all of mankind to follow.

But it must also be clearified that when people think of Shari'a they think of just the legal punishments, such as the punishment for illegal sexual acts, stealing, homosexuality etc but there is much more to Shari'a then this. It includes every single aspect of your life, such as how to pray, how to perform wudu (ablution) for prayer, where to face when performing prayer, how to fast, when to fast, how to treat your parents etc.

I will post some articles and videos in my next few posts insha'Allah to clearify this further.

*Hana*
09-21-2008, 01:30 PM
You can try this site to see if it will help:
http://www.islamawareness.net/Shariah/

Al-Hanbali
09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
:salamext:

Islaam is Shari'ah and Shari'ah is Islaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_ALI_
09-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Salam
I'm glad that you want info regarding Sharia from a Muslim source. Many non-Muslim sources are just too biased. But here is an article related to Sharia by Noah Feldman, law professor at Harvard university
http://inarrators.com/content/view/601/104/
Though it is written by a non-Muslim, it is not biased

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.