/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadhan special on Japanese TV

islamirama
09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Ramadhan moon-sighting piece on Japanese TV

A news piece on sighting of the new moon to mark the beginning of Ramadan in Japan , shown on NHK. Inshallah it helped increase the understanding of the holy month for our Japanese brethren!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbyBOtdwVc [AUDIO REQ'D]

This little news piece is obviously excellent dawah for us in the 'Land of the Rising Sun' and it's about time that the Japanese media started acknowledging the estimated 2 million Muslims living amongst a population of nearly 130 million. But watching this, what was most interesting to me was hearing fellow Muslims - especially desi and arab looking ones - speaking and giving interviews in fluent Japanese!

That's something you don't hear and see very often! We Muslims have been able to take root and assimilate into other cultures and traditions without losing our faith for so many centuries, that this is just another great example of it! May Allah (swt) help this Deen grow and establish itself in the hearts and minds of all humanity!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
09-24-2008, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
This little news piece is obviously excellent dawah for us in the 'Land of the Rising Sun' and it's about time that the Japanese media started acknowledging the estimated 2 million Muslims living amongst a population of nearly 130 million. But watching this, what was most interesting to me was hearing fellow Muslims - especially desi and arab looking ones - speaking and giving interviews in fluent Japanese!
2,000,000 Muslims in Japan?...Wow!!!

In Japan and South Korea, it's crazy if you live there without knowing the native languages..

Güven
09-24-2008, 01:59 AM
MashaAllah Thats Sooooo kwl , I always Wanted To go to Japan

Danah
09-24-2008, 06:59 AM
2 million??.....I read it somewhere that there is around 70,000 muslims there

I have a special interest toward the japanese culture.....in sha allah islam will spread more there

wow if they are 2 million then thats a great beginning in sha allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-24-2008, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
2 million??.....I read it somewhere that there is around 70,000 muslims there

I have a special interest toward the japanese culture.....in sha allah islam will spread more there

wow if they are 2 million then thats a great beginning in sha allah
From what I've heard .. there are 500,000 Muslims in Japan, 20% are ethnic Japanese (maybe an out-of-date fact:exhausted)...

There are many Japanese Muslims studying in Malaysia.

Danah
09-24-2008, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
From what I've heard .. there are 500,000 Muslims in Japan, 20% are ethnic Japanese (maybe an out-of-date fact:exhausted)...

There are many Japanese Muslims studying in Malaysia.
oh thats even better to hear......exactly I've read there are 75,000 muslim there....but I dont remember where was that

the other 80% are iraqi, paki, chinese, and many other....if I am not mistaken

actually I was disappointing to know that only 75000 muslims there....but now I am a bit relaxed

many of jap muslims are in Malaysia, Singapore, and China as well according to what I have heard from my Malaysian Professor

thanks for the info brother

north_malaysian
09-25-2008, 04:46 AM
many of jap muslims are in Malaysia, Singapore, and China as well according to what I have heard from my Malaysian Professor

thanks for the info brother
Before WWII, there were many Japanese traders living in every single state in Malaysia...some assimilated with Malay people and converted to Islam...during WWII which was during Japanese Occupation of Malaya, some Japanese soldiers married local Muslim women and converted to Islam.

During 1980s Malaysia established "Looking East Policy".... lots of Malaysians were sent to Japan and South Korea...some married local people and brought them back to Malaysia. Many Japanese people migrated to Malaysia during this time too. They even establish a Japanese school in Penang and Bon Odori festival which attracted thousands of people is being held every year in Penang.

A grand master of Aikido (Japanese martial art) was invited to teach the art to Muslim missionaries in Borneo...he and his family converted to Islam too..

There are many Japanese Muslim students who are studying in International Islamic University Malaysia. They organised Japanese Language class in the university.

As Malaysia is the centre for da'wa mission in Asia Pacific (RISEAP), many Japanese Muslims are sponsored to study in Malaysia.

Danah
09-25-2008, 05:42 PM
jazak allah khair brother for the information

I think there is a future of Islam in japan.....What I liked most in that video that the brother post is that this people show a great tolerating toward the other religions....they even had a report about how muslim sight the moon to announce the beginning of Ramadan in a very nice way
the law there is helping I guess to have the freedom in religion.

In sha allah there is a hope there.........

north_malaysian
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
jazak allah khair brother for the information

I think there is a future of Islam in japan.....What I liked most in that video that the brother post is that this people show a great tolerating toward the other religions....they even had a report about how muslim sight the moon to announce the beginning of Ramadan in a very nice way
the law there is helping I guess to have the freedom in religion.

In sha allah there is a hope there.........
Inshallah

islamirama
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
What i find amusing is the desi and arabs speaking japanese fluently. I should've grown up there, then i would know english and japanese, and watching anime be so much fun :)

north_malaysian
09-26-2008, 11:11 PM
What i find amusing is the desi and arabs speaking japanese fluently. I should've grown up there, then i would know english and japanese, and watching anime be so much fun :)
Japan is a country where no languages can dominate the country but Japanese. South Korea too...

In China, English is getting in...but with a lil bit success

In Malaysia, we must learn Japanese in prep schools before continuing study in Japan...

islamirama
09-27-2008, 12:21 AM
I think its better to learn japanese then english. Japanese are a lot more successful in their economy and markets and they have much much better values, norms and ethics of doing business.

Danah
09-27-2008, 08:44 AM
I think its better to learn japanese then english. Japanese are a lot more successful in their economy and markets and they have much much better values, norms and ethics of doing business.
totally agree.....but what we do, it cant help.....English is the most spoken language in the world
btw.... I dont find japanese that hard, especially if u let ur ears first get use to the language and then learn it seriously
Alhumdulila I start learning the language now
just make duaa to me brothers and sisters that I will continue

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.