/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Poetry

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
i was cleaning up one day and found an old picture of me and my siblings on eid day :), I must have been 8 or 9,were all sitting together, bursting with happiness, lol i cant remember why, but we looked so happpy and innocent, i was inspired to write this short poem.Its about childhood and innocence and dreams:), only the way children can dream..If you like it, ill post more of my stuff.Enjoy.

An Old Picture

I look at this picture
its of all four of us
just four
the fifth and sixth
i choose to believe do no exist

Our streching smiles
can only show
our childish joy
that i so miss
How much weve changed
Now, too much we know
they say 'ignorance is bliss'

How big the world
looked back then
uncharted, undiscovered
the very same world
how small it is now
im so suprised

You see those sparkles in our eyes
thats not the cameras flash
those were our dreams, our hopes
and feverant wishes, disguised
in the cameras light.

Smooth unscathed skins
oblivious grins
hide mischevious secrets,
unplanned adventures.

And when we
closed our eye,
we grew wings,
we always knew
we could fly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
:salamext:

That.....is cute :ooh:

Ahhh man the memories :D we grow up too fast :p

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2008, 01:10 PM
i choose to believe do no extist
i choose to believe do not exist :)

you know... when you gain wisdom and knowledge and leave the bad stuff in dunya, you can go back to that old innocense...

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you can go back to that old innocense...
innocence :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Aww This Was A Beautiful Poem :) ,

Innocence , InshaAllah Bro ^^

Cabdullahi
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
good stuff!

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
You spelt unscathed wrong also sis :D

Nah babies are just too innocent, cant ever match that

truemuslim
09-24-2008, 01:15 PM
^ lol

mashallah cute poem. reminds me of our eid pictures wher we're bursting with happiness. but i kno that was because we get to miss school and go to the masjid. i choose it the other way 'round now :)

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
lol

i know how to spell! its just a typing error,...although i cant say the same for IbnAbdulHakim:X

JazakAllah everybody, im glad you liked it!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
innocence :D
pedantic :rollseyes

Nah babies are just too innocent, cant ever match that
i use to look at babies, and then look at my dhaddi, look at babies, then look at my nanny... and honestly the innocense was pretty much teh same except the nanny seemed so wise mashaAllaah

with wisdom comes innocense...

Güven
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Is There Another Spelling Correction Crew Orsomething Stop Correcting People lol :Evil:
It Was A Nice Poem yeah :D

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
He really cant spell :X lol :D

i use to look at babies, and then look at my dhaddi, look at babies, then look at my nanny... and honestly the innocense was pretty much teh same except the nanny seemed so wise mashaAllaah

with wisdom comes innocense...
Yeah I guess I agree to an extent, but there's a certain innocence that comes from not knowing....not knowing about all the evils in the world, the grudges, the arguements, the feuds and cultural rubbish that is soo plaguing the minds of many a fish

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:21 PM
i just had this feeling you were going to bring fish into this somewhere....

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

Yeah I guess I agree to an extent, but there's a certain innocence that comes from not knowing....not knowing about all the evils in the world, the grudges, the arguements, the feuds and cultural rubbish that is soo plaguing the minds of many a fish
to me its greater to know it... and not be affected by it

mashaAllaah what a blessing

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
i just had this feeling you were going to bring fish into this somewhere....
Sorry sis, its second nature now :-[ But is true though innay. Innocence comes in many forms I guess.

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:23 PM
to me its greater to know it... and not be affected by it

mashaAllaah what a blessing
Isnt that difficult? Trying not to get affected by it? Thats why my lil sis is much more innocent, she dont know and she can go to sleep at night dreaming about candy-floss

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Isnt that difficult? Trying not to get affected by it?
yep only the wise manage it

cant be wise without taqwa...

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:28 PM
actually i cant really percieve any other form of innocence other than childhood.....especially being elderly!.....i think your the least innocent when your elderly! lol , but thats my view...when your old, your too tired to be anything else, so its not really innocence, it more like accepting defeat.

im getting all philosophical....and if i spelt that wrong...dont care!:X

truemuslim
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
aw mashallah sis nice poem

*tryna bring it back on topic or the sis will hate u forever for gettin her cute thread closed!*

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
yep only the wise manage it

cant be wise without taqwa...
so if you fear Allah the evils of this dunya will not get to you...:?

actually i cant really percieve any other form of innocence other than childhood.....especially being elderly!.....i think your the least innocent when your elderly! lol , but thats my view...when your old, your too tired to be anything else, so its not really innocence, it more like accepting defeat.

looll ur sooo mean sis ;D lol you're too tired to do anything else ;D

lol Some elderly people ooze innocence and wisdom you fish. It aint like accepting defeat either. Its just accepting that life will end some day but innocence comes from peace also I guess. So if you're at peace with urself, your Lord then that peace makes you beautiful and seem innocent coz then you dont got no ....I dunno :D

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
um, its ok, were discussing innocence, so i guess its on topic!

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:35 PM

looll ur sooo mean sis ;D lol you're too tired to do anything else ;D
you just dont know the old people in my family do you ;D

So if you're at peace with urself, your Lord then that peace makes you beautiful and seem innocent coz then you dont got no ....I dunno :D
this i agree with completely....practising ppl radiate beauty and innocence. :)

truemuslim
09-24-2008, 01:36 PM
um, its ok, were discussing innocence, so i guess its on topic!
lol k
:D
so how is innocense in old people???? lol am kidding its coz it depends and all and *gives LI people speech* get meh?

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
you just dont know the old people in my family do you ;D
Meanieeeeee :ooh: :p

My Daada is cuteeeeeeee :-[ he's sooo sweet and innocent and he wouldnt harm a fly and I agree with Akhee I guess since his innocence comes from his wisdom, he'll think twice, heck he'll think thrice b4 doing anything that involves the rights and/or feelings of another

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
:) then how blessed you are, you have no idea,....

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM
:) then how blessed you are, you have no idea,....
I'm sorry sis, I'll vacate ur thread now and stop going off-topic.

I just mean that teens can be vindictive. The urge to hurt the one that hurt you isnt present in kids and it dissappears with age IMO...(I hope)

truemuslim
09-24-2008, 01:45 PM
ohhhh so many words i got no idea what you people are saying!!!! Im sooo not innosent tho thats all u ned to kno :D

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
atleast you can still hope, unfortunately i cant :)

no hun its not you going off topic...its me wanting a blessing Allah just did not give me....*feels a bit sad now*

anway, carry on peeps

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
ohhhh so many words i got no idea what you people are saying!!!! Im sooo not innosent tho thats all u ned to kno :D
me too
even i dont know what im saying anymore!...need food....

Cabdullahi
my dad has a miskeen personality and im a carbon copy of him thats what my mother says

Re.TiReD
atleast you can still hope, unfortunately i cant :)

no hun its not you going off topic...its me wanting a blessing Allah just did not give me....*feels a bit sad now*

anway, carry on peeps
Allah blesses us in different ways. Allah blessed me with a Daada...I talk about him as though he's still alive huh.

But yeah...I guess defining it is subjective to our own experiences.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2008, 01:51 PM

well there are those elders who are labelled "the old farts" and i guess they are the ones who kinda let go of their innocense totally :p and then there are the ones who are labelled "cute/wise" they have the innocense still well protected

like i know elders yeah who are sooo gullible, they are sooo shy and only want the best for people, seriously when i see them i can see they beat the kids hands down at innocense!

but mayb they are a rare breed...

too many old farts these days ;D

Sahabiyaat
09-24-2008, 03:53 PM
:mmokay: ha ha.

well there are those elders who are labelled "the old farts" and i guess they are the ones who kinda let go of their innocense totally
and there are some who are not born with any innocence akhee, trust me!, they are the evilllll ones!

ok back on topic please,i dont want this thread to get closed!! Just wanted to show you some poetry InshaAllah!, more coming when i have pizza in me (i.e iftaari lol)

------
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Ahhh man the memories :D we grow up too fast :p
too right we do

it sux

:|

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.