Salam Peace to everyone,

I was wondering if any other reverts have experiences
similar to mine,

Being a white British Revert, i do appreciate that when in
a Mosque i do stand out like a sore thumb,and sometimes
get strange looks;;

And even in a crowded Mosque i can feel alone;;

But having said that, i have to say, that when people get to
know me , i am made to feel most welcome.

Martyr
PROUD ISLAMIC REVERT

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sweetiman
10-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Salaam Martyr,

I am white American Muslim woman. I know exactly how you feel. I have been Muslim for 5 years now alhamdulillah but sometimes I feel like I don't know where I belong. I know i have the sisterhood/brotherhood with my fellow Muslims but at the same time most of them are Arab or Pakistani so they have a whole different culture when it comes to that as well. Not to mention I don't really fit in with my family anymore. Its strange to feel so alone in a religion that is so diverse and huge in its following. You are not alone in feeling the way you do :)

Hamayun
10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
You are not alone brother. There are sooooo many White English Muslims in this country. I am sure you even have some in your town.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

kwolney01
10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree with the other reverts sometimes I don't feel like I belong simply because I am white. Most of the masjids in my area are mostly Arab and Somali, and they usually speak Arabic or Somali. Sometimes I wish they could speak in English so I would understand, even some of the younger people do not understand.

I think more younger people need to step up and give lectures so the youth can also understand. Going to Friday prayers isn't just about showing up you should learn something also. It's just hard when you go but you just have to sit there you have no idea what they are saying.

I do agree that most of the people are really friendly though.

I think once you have gotten to know people and are comfortable you won't feel like "an outsider" anymore.

I wish you the best!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
10-23-2008, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MARTYR
Salam Peace to everyone,

I was wondering if any other reverts have experiences
similar to mine,

Being a white British Revert, i do appreciate that when in
a Mosque i do stand out like a sore thumb,and sometimes
get strange looks;;

And even in a crowded Mosque i can feel alone;;

But having said that, i have to say, that when people get to
know me , i am made to feel most welcome.

Martyr
PROUD ISLAMIC REVERT
Feel Proud to be a stranger because its the strangers that will inshAllah be accepted to Paradise on the day of judgement. This whole life we live in is a strange place, Its our temporary home and the best of homes is Paradise. Our prophet (PBUH) Advised us to walk upon earth as a stranger on a journey passing by till we reach our true home. Be a stranger, live like a stranger and inshAllah I pray that all the strangers will enter paradise InshAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.