/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Test-taking

MuslimahBlue
10-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Test-taking

I am generally good student, meaning I actually listen in class,take notes, ask questions and do homework. The main problem I have it test-taking I simply cannot do it. So I do really bad in subjects like math, get 80’s in sciences ( because it’s a mix of assignments and tests) and do really well on subjects which do not have too much testing.
I do my work and evertything but when the test comes I freeze up and forget details which make me loose marks, I am in my final year of highschool and so far have done horribly on my first few math tests ( two 50’s and one 70’s)
I need some test-taking tipz that you guys use inshaAllah to bring up my marks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
10-04-2008, 01:07 AM
:sl:

wow..perfect sis...im the same way

i have s.a.t's tomorow InshALLAH...major test

im also waiting for some advice InshALLAH

:w:

Gardens
10-04-2008, 01:13 AM
SALAAM.

I know this hasn't got anything to do with this thread.

But I am new here and have posted a thread asking for urgent help but it needs to be approved? No idea how long that will take. But I really need someone to talk to and this thread is being bumped right now.

Please can someone talk to me? I know it may not be appropriate here but if you can suggest elsewhere? Even in private I don't mind.

JAZAKALLAH.

Gardens
10-04-2008, 01:21 AM
To be honest I don't expect anyone to reply. I was reading that thread called the Path that led me to Allah the heartbreak series.

I am currently in the same situation and I am cut up inside.

I just need someone to talk to. I know it may seem a burden. One you would rather avoid. But you would be doing me a great service Alhumdulillah.

If only someone would reply. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
10-04-2008, 01:27 AM

ok brother as long as sis MuslimahBlue doenst mind

did you post in the advice or general section

Z-Blade
10-04-2008, 01:30 AM
:salamext:,

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
Test-taking

I am generally good student, meaning I actually listen in class,take notes, ask questions and do homework. The main problem I have it test-taking I simply cannot do it. So I do really bad in subjects like math, get 80’s in sciences ( because it’s a mix of assignments and tests) and do really well on subjects which do not have too much testing.
I do my work and evertything but when the test comes I freeze up and forget details which make me loose marks, I am in my final year of highschool and so far have done horribly on my first few math tests ( two 50’s and one 70’s)
I need some test-taking tipz that you guys use inshaAllah to bring up my marks.
Girls/women are generally worse at taking exams/tests. I know that doesn't help, but all I can say I guess is do not panic, be confident and work hard and do your best and put all your trust in Allah. InshaAllah you'll do fine :thumbs_up.

Oh yeah and say the Rabbish Rahli dua, that is meant to give confidence and also other duas to help against stress, like the last 3 ayah of Surah Baqarah (Surah 2) if you know them etc.

format_quote Originally Posted by Gardens
SALAAM.

I know this hasn't got anything to do with this thread.

But I am new here and have posted a thread asking for urgent help but it needs to be approved? No idea how long that will take. But I really need someone to talk to and this thread is being bumped right now.

Please can someone talk to me? I know it may not be appropriate here but if you can suggest elsewhere? Even in private I don't mind.

JAZAKALLAH.
:wasalamex:,

Sure bro I'll be happy to help (if I can :o) what's up? :O

Wassalam.

Gardens
10-04-2008, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

ok brother as long as sis MuslimahBlue doenst mind

did you post in the advice or general section

Advice section. Seems to be the only place that is appropriate. I don't really know my way around here. It hasn't been approved I think. And I don't want to wait for what could be too long for me to handle.

I just ask that any kind hearted person can take pity on a brother and talk to him. Ease his pain.

Its a cry for help I guess and Im not happy with myself. But right now I dont know what else to do.

Gardens
10-04-2008, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade

Girls/women are generally worse at taking exams/tests. I know that doesn't help, but all I can say I guess is do not panic, be confident and work hard and do your best and put all your trust in Allah. InshaAllah you'll do fine :thumbs_up.

Oh yeah and say the Rabbish Rahli dua, that is meant to give confidence and also other duas to help against stress, like the last 3 ayah of Surah Baqarah (Surah 2) if you know them etc.

Wassalam.
Can I speak to you in private?

Z-Blade
10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Can I speak to you in private?
Yeah of course bro, however you wanna do it.

Wassalam.

Gardens
10-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Yeah of course bro, however you wanna do it.

Wassalam.
It seems I can't send private messages.

Everyone is gonna see this but here goes nothing. Do you have MSN?

Here is my add: <Email Address Removed>

Z-Blade
10-04-2008, 01:38 AM
It seems I can't send private messages.

Everyone is gonna see this but here goes nothing. Do you have MSN?

Here is my add:
I've added you, you're not online?

Wassalam.

SixTen
10-04-2008, 02:06 AM

Wassalam.

Thats not true, about girls. Girls perform better than boys, in both GCSE's and A-levels, in the UK.

جوري
10-04-2008, 06:39 AM
edit--
woops.. seems I have posted in the wrong section

MuslimahBlue
10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Only one response :/

Wassalam.
JazakhAllah kahir
can you post the Rabbish Rahli du'a?

Z-Blade
10-05-2008, 03:39 AM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
Only one response :/

JazakhAllah kahir
can you post the Rabbish Rahli du'a?
Wa iyyaki. Sure here it is:

Sura طه
َ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي

"O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي

"And ease my task for me;

وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي

"And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Moses put in his mouth when he was an infant].

يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

"That they understand my speech,

Those are ayah 25-28 from Surah 20, Ta-Ha.

Hope that helps. I can add a translieration if you want/need it.

Wassalam.

kwolney01
10-05-2008, 04:05 AM
I would say that you should study a little bit everyday and get a good nights sleep the night before the test. The brain needs time to swift things around to different areas. I don't know if you do this, but if your one of those people who "cram" the night before the test, try not to. I know it will be hard not to try and cram as much information as you can, but sleep is always best. You memorize things better when you get a good nights rest. Also pray before the test for Allah to give you the knowledge you need. I wish you all the best sister.

جوري
10-05-2008, 04:12 AM
I must be completely out of it, for I keep getting replies to this thread but don't remember partaking in it lol ;D ;D

given that I am here, I'll add my two cents..

the secret to mastering any subject is persistence and continuity.. you simply mustn't enjoy any other activity until you have completed the task you've set out for yourself. So if math is your bad subject. you start with math and keep at it, everyday, no time off, even if on short holiday or sick etc.. if you set out to learn a new permutation or whatever-- learn it and apply it do at least five problems where you use it every single day of your life.. the way you make prayers everyday, or fast Ramadan..

There are subjects I hate.. oh God do I ever like epidemiology, and worst yet statistics as applied to epidemiology, but you can't read any scientific article without understanding, confidence interval, P value, what the n-1 stands for Type I error how to calculate z score.. it is just a necessary evil.. otherwise I'd be the only one sitting there nodding pretending to know what is going on.. in fact I have been there.. you think you can survive if excellent in all the other subjects.. but you can't be excellent because all the subjects are married to each other.. you can't befriend one and ***** about the other, because one day they all get together and you'll be in trouble ;D

anyhow sorry for yapping, but you catch my drift insha'Allah..

Z-Blade
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM

Here's the transliteration of the above dua:

Rabbish rahlee sadree wa yasir lee amree wahlul uqdatam mil lisaanee yafqahoo qawlee

Wassalm.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Bro one thing I've learnt with math, is that practice makes perfect, it really does!

You need to go over past exam papers, that helped me a lot with my stats paper, I found the test extremely difficult, it was mainly my fault as i'd not studied hard enough. That's why for my stats exam, I made sure to go over all the previous past year papers and it helped tremendulously.

You need to look at each individual topic and familiarise yourself with it.
What I alaways do with my stats papers, is beside the question, I write out which topic it originates from, that always helps.

Good luck.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.