/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Index

جوري
10-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Is there an index for this forum? I can't seem to find it.. the search feature takes more time than it is worth, unless there is a very unique word that I remember to a particular thread it is quite difficult to sort through 80 pages.
for instance say, which is the best Quran translation. Or Halal food industry or refutations to some of the dawkin/humanist/pipes crap.. you catch my drift insha'Allah?
I used to find things in Ansar's home page an easy job, now no one's home page is working
an A-Z would be preferable, the same as you have with members list, you should also have with threads here insha'Allah

just a thought..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

That's true. A number of times, I have thought about collecting various topics together as this would make Mods' jobs easier aswell when redirecting members to topics already discussed before.

We could always make one ourselves and update it gradually over time. Moderators could keep editing the posts to add in new entries, and any time someone wants something added, they either post in the thread or PM a Mod.

جوري
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
aslaam 3lykoum
is it difficult to do?
for instance, people come here and if they are hateful and exceptionally moronic, then the first post will be about Saida Aisha'a age when she got married. I know there is at least 30 topics on the matter with links research etc, How amazing to go to an index look under Saida Aisha, or marriage and find everything already written and classified...

Also not to push my luck, but an Ask the scholar section, with an actual invitation to a scholar who say, comes in every Friday, looks over queries and then gives us a reply the following week. I know one Muslim scholar myself but he just never browses forums for some reason. I got him to register here once but he has never participated since which is a shame...

Since Ansar is no longer around for excellent explanations and refutations, I really think for the ultimate success of this forum and the community it is serving, an expert to counsel, advise, explain ahadith and ayar to the Muslims themselves would be highly appreciated insha'Allah..

doorster
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
aslaam 3lykoum
is it difficult to do?
for instance, people come here and if they are hateful and exceptionally moronic, then the first post will be about Saida Aisha'a age when she got married. I know there is at least 30 topics on the matter with links research etc, How amazing to go to an index look under Saida Aisha, or marriage and find everything already written and classified...

Also not to push my luck, but an Ask the scholar section, with an actual invitation to a scholar who say, comes in every Friday, looks over queries and then gives us a reply the following week. I know one Muslim scholar myself but he just never browses forums for some reason. I got him to register here once but he has never participated since which is a shame...

Since Ansar is no longer around for excellent explanations and refutations, I really think for the ultimate success of this forum and the community it is serving, an expert to counsel, advise, explain ahadith and ayar to the Muslims themselves would be highly appreciated insha'Allah..

:sl:
oh dear sister no, or we will once again end up with someone like that fellow from the radio who, a former member was always getting in to trouble with and was helped by 2, then decent MODs, after being corrected a number of times the "scholar" got the message and asked to be deleted along with his posts, then he went back to the other forum, but this time there will be no one around to send him on his way.

edited

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
lol akhi.. I was thinking of someone level headed like Br. Ansar, not a nut job...

I think most scholars have other jobs anyhow, I was hoping they would do it on a weekly basis.. I doubt they'll find one anyhow...
khyer insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.