/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim for 5 Years Need's Support

sweetiman
10-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I just joined this website in order to find some brothers or sisters who can inshAllah help me and give me encouragement and guidance. I reverted to Islam in 2003 alhamdulillah. I am very blessed and so thankful to Allah for everything. Lately, especially in the last year I have been tested with so many, really, so many catastrophe's in my life and I am really scared and afraid that I am losing my faith. I have Islam in my brain. I know what I believe in my mind. But I want to get that feeling back in my heart. I feel hopeful because I am aware of the problem and I think that is a first step. And praying. But I'm searching for some friends out there who I can talk openly with and be honest with who can help me. It's hard to talk to the people in your life about it. Can someone please help save a struggling Muslima. I don't want to lose everything I have been given. I'm terrified.

Iman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
10-06-2008, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetiman
Assalamualaikum,

I just joined this website in order to find some brothers or sisters who can inshAllah help me and give me encouragement and guidance. I reverted to Islam in 2003 alhamdulillah. I am very blessed and so thankful to Allah for everything. Lately, especially in the last year I have been tested with so many, really, so many catastrophe's in my life and I am really scared and afraid that I am losing my faith. I have Islam in my brain. I know what I believe in my mind. But I want to get that feeling back in my heart. I feel hopeful because I am aware of the problem and I think that is a first step. And praying. But I'm searching for some friends out there who I can talk openly with and be honest with who can help me. It's hard to talk to the people in your life about it. Can someone please help save a struggling Muslima. I don't want to lose everything I have been given. I'm terrified.

Iman
:sl:

SubhanALLAH sis..u sound like you know what you want MashALLAH

ive been a Muslim all my life Alahmdulilah but i still go through things like everyother Muslim does..weather a revert or not

seriously,sometimes i get thought and feelings that only ALLAH (SWA) knows

but anyway,if you need anything feel free to ask or Pm anyone of us sister,and im serious.dnt hesitate

:w:

sweetiman
10-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Thank you for the quick reply. I can't PM anyone because I just joined and it says I need 50 or more posts. :( Oh well.

When I wrote that message I was already in tears. I don't even know where to start

BNDGR
10-06-2008, 02:41 AM
Asalam alaikum sister sweetiman,
InshAllah this board will help and give you some support, that is why I'm here too.
Like the other sister said life's struggles really can challenge our strength and Iman and make us weak, we all have thoughts like that that is why it is so important to surround yourself with good strong muslim brothers and sisters to help us when we are feeling down.
I live surrounded by non muslim family and friends and they drain me, I have to go seek out my muslim sisters to keep me going.
Take care sis and let us be here to help you!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
10-06-2008, 02:45 AM

wow sis..tears? Really?

idk wut to tell you....if you feel comfrotable then you canvent to us sister here.i would tell you to make a thread in the sisters section but you'll nee done of the mods to let you in first

wow sis..wuts going on?

sweetiman
10-06-2008, 02:46 AM
My situation is the opposite actually. I am not around my family at all. I have one brother here that's it. But I'm surrounded by a ton of Muslims and Arabs but for some reason I don't get the inspiration or any spirituality from them. In fact I don't even feel comfortable talking to them about these things. Which is why I came to this forum. Our Muslim community is pretty large here but everyone is either very secluded or they are not that religious or they are more "ethnic" then they are Muslim.
I think the biggest thing is that I remember how my Iman was and my Deen when I first took the Shahada. I had such a high from that. So from that point on for the rest of my life I want to get back to that point where my Iman was so strong and my heart felt so clean and even better than that if I can. I miss those days.

ayan333
10-06-2008, 02:50 AM
My situation is the opposite actually. I am not around my family at all. I have one brother here that's it. But I'm surrounded by a ton of Muslims and Arabs but for some reason I don't get the inspiration or any spirituality from them. In fact I don't even feel comfortable talking to them about these things. Which is why I came to this forum. Our Muslim community is pretty large here but everyone is either very secluded or they are not that religious or they are more "ethnic" then they are Muslim.
I think the biggest thing is that I remember how my Iman was and my Deen when I first took the Shahada. I had such a high from that. So from that point on for the rest of my life I want to get back to that point where my Iman was so strong and my heart felt so clean and even better than that if I can. I miss those days.

were do u live sis?

i wish i could stay on here but i hav eto go to school early in the morning..but InshALLAH..let th eothe rmember shelp you hout..il be back tomorow InshALLAH

May ALLAH (SWA) ease your burden and lift your Iman.Ameen

alcurad
10-06-2008, 03:20 AM
salaam sister

one of the companions of the prophet, Hanzalah al-Usayyidee, said:

"Abu Bakr met me and asked: How are you O Hanzalah? I replied: Hanzalah is guilty of hypocrisy! He said: Free is Allah and far removed from all defects! What are you saying? I said: When we are with Allah’s Messenger and he reminds us of the Fire and Paradise it is as if we are seeing it with our own eyes. Then when we depart from Allah’s Messenger to attend to our wives, children and our business, then much of this slips from our minds. Abu Bakr said: By Allah we also experience the same.

So I went with Abu Bakr until we entered upon Allah’s Messenger. I said:
When we are with you, you remind us of the Fire and of Paradise and it is as if we are seeing it with our eyes. Then when we depart from you and attend to our wives, children and business then much of this slips from our minds. So Allah’s Messenger, said:
By Him in whose Hand is my soul if you remained continually as you are when you are with me and in remembering (Allah) then the angels would shake hands with you upon your beds and upon your roads. But O Hanzalah, (there is) a time for this and a time for that, (there is) a time for this and a time for that, (there is) a time for this and a time for that.

[Muslim, no. 6623]

also

narrated From Ibn Omar who said that Allah’s Messenger said:

For every action there is a period of enthusiasm/activity, and for every period of enthusiasm/activity there is a period of rest/inactivity. So he whose period of rest/inactivity is in accordance with my Sunnah then he is rightly guided, but he whose period of rest accords with other than this, then he is destroyed.

Ahmad 2/188 and 210.

julie sarri
10-06-2008, 07:17 AM
We all struggle from time to time sis and we all get low Eemaan so never feel alone and think maybe its just me or because i am a revert.and i understand some times it can be hard to integrate with other muslims in the community. i am still trying myself in my own area. we all need support so its good that you have joined Islamic board and remember after hardship Allah swt always brings ease when i feel low some times when i pray i asks Allah swt to keep me on the path of guidance and the path that leads to him. I think and i have noticed it before when we revert to Islam is so wonderful and we have such a great feeling then after a while we hit a wall and suffer low Eemaan it was not a feeling i had felt before becouse when i was not practicing i didn't even notice its a realisation that we have to work hard to keep our Eemaan high it also reminds us sometimes to keep ourselves in check 1] that we are doing everything for the sake of Allah swt 2] to remind our self why we became Muslim and 3 to remind us the we depend on Allah swt for every think even the increase in our own Eemaan which we have to work on. inshaallah you will meet some sister here who will help you and when you talk and read the posts of other muslims this will also help you

UmmSqueakster
10-06-2008, 01:10 PM
wa alaikum assalam,

Ok, post post post so you can PM :D I always keep these ayat of quran close to my heart:

2:155-157 Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance.

2:286 God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does. O our Sustainer! Take us not to task if we forget or unwittingly do wrong! "O our Sustainer! Lay not upon us a burden such as Thou didst lay upon those who lived before us! O our Sustainer! Make us not bear burdens which we have no strength to bear! "And efface Thou our sins, and grant us forgiveness, and bestow Thy mercy upon us! Thou art our Lord Supreme: succour us, then, against people who deny the truth!"

Danah
10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh sister......feel free to ask anything you want, we are all here for you in sha allah in what we can do.
in sha allah soon you have over 50 posts, then you will be free to PM me anytime to ask whatever comes to your mind.......
May allah guide you to the best and keep you strong in the right path.....Ameen

FatimaAsSideqah
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh dear! *hugs* sis.

Don't worry as we are here for you, Insha'Allah and you can PMs to us when you need to. :sunny:

You can do duas so often. Look at it as another reason to submit to Allah Taala and be in Sajdah (prostration), during which you are closest to Allah Taala. Allah Taala listens and already knows what is in your heart, but He wants you to ask Him for what you want. The Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah is angry with those who do not ask Him for anything (Tirmidhi).

The Prophet (PBUH) once said that in prayer, he would find rest and relief (Nasai). He would also regularly ask for Allah’s forgiveness and remain in prostration during prayer praising Allah Taala (Tasbeeh) and asking for His forgiveness (Bukhari).

Allah Taala wants you to be specific. The Prophet (PBUH) advised us to ask Allah for exactly what we want instead of making vague Duas. Dua is the essence of worship (the Prophet (PBUH) as quoted in Tirmidhi).

"Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds. Do not make mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear. And longing (in your hearts): for the mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good" (Quran 7:55-56).

zircon
10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Salam Alaikum, sis.
perhaps we couldn't yet offer much of help as pm is restricted but inshaAllah we shall keep you in our daily prayers :) dont worry sis everyone has those ups and downs in life, you're not alone; and tribulations are just one of the ways to evaluate our faith, make it stronger + give it much value. Whats a faith when not yet tested, everyone could claim themselves having it then :) Let's not give up as this life isn't meant to be forever anyway. there's a lot of merry things to look forward to in the eternal ones. well do take good care sis, looking forward to pm with you when you've finished with 50 posts believe me it wont take too long i've been in that 'frustrating' stage.. lol!

- Qatada -
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
:salamext:

this might be useful insha Allah; it might give tips on how to increase in emaan:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...dying-out.html

iamdaguy
10-12-2008, 09:39 AM
My entire family is muslim and I can happly say that I have enjoyed their company with me. But you can not imagine how much respect and honour I have for those who revert and joined Islam. It takes a greater and far more scarficies for non muslim to change to Muslim and thus I pray for them in my each prayer that Allah SWT give them his greatest support to overcome any obstecles.
Because of Sha'i dan (devil), we would always have doubts but loser is the one who loses faith in Allah (SWT).

Dua'a to Overcome Worries

Hope the above link helps you, sister. May Allah give you his guidence. Amen

Snowflake
10-13-2008, 09:37 AM
dear sweetiman

Since we can't PM each other, you can email me sis(in profile). I'd love to be there for you at this time inshaAllah.

asalam alaikum

Hamza Asadullah
10-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Assalamualaikum,

Iman
My sister in islam don't worry allah has guided you to the truth and he will help you along this journey of life! I have pasted some material that i think will help all of us to increase our iman when it is down!

How to increase our faith

Recite and ponder on the meanings of the Quran. Tranquility then descends and our hearts become soft. To get optimum benefit, remind yourself that Allah is speaking to you. People are described in different categories in the Quran; think of which one you find yourself in.
Realize the greatness of Allah. Everything is under His control. There are signs in everything we see that points us to His greatness. Everything happens according to His permission. Allah keeps track and looks after everything, even a black ant on a black rock on a black moonless night.
Make an effort to gain knowledge, for at least the basic things in daily life e.g. how to make wudu properly. Know the meanings behind Allah's names and attributes. People who have taqwa are those who have knowledge.
Attend gatherings where Allah is remembered. In such gatherings we are surrounded by angels.
We have to increase our good deeds. One good deed leads to another good deed. Allah will make the way easy for someone who gives charity and also make it easy for him or her to do good deeds. Good deeds must be done continuously, not in spurts.
We must fear the miserable end to our lives; the remembrance of death is the destroyer of pleasures.
Remember the different levels of akhirah, for instance when we are put in our graves, when we are judged, whether we will be in paradise or hell.
Make dua, realize that we need Allah. Be humble. Don't covet material things in this life.
Our love for Subhana Wa Ta'Ala must be shown in actions. We must hope Allah will accept our prayers, and be in constant fear that we do wrong. At night before going to sleep, we must think about what good we did during that day.
Realize the effects of sins and disobedience- one's faith is increased with good deeds and our faith is decreased by bad deeds. Everything that happens is because Allah wanted it. When calamity befalls us- it is also from Allah. It is a direct result of our disobedience to Allah.

by: Abu Banan

From a Past Post by Shaykh Nazim Mangera:

�If a sick person doesn�t realize that she is sick, the doctor will never be able to cure her. So realizing that there is a spiritual sickness is a sign that your faith is strong. I have the following words of advice for you:

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu�jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.� (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4;. Al-Haythami said in Majma� al-Zawaa�id, 1/52, �It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.�) This Hadith tells us that our faith will become weak but we will have to strengthen it with various actions and different good deeds. If we try to implement the following, Insha Allah it will help us all.

On a weekly basis, try to attend some Halaqah or an Islamic gathering. That is a great way of keeping the battery of Iman and actions charged.

A good suggestion would be that you join some weekend or evening Islamic course or something of that sort. You will find good company there which will be a means of strengthening your faith and Iman. And when you feel like you are all 'burnt out', there will be others there who will guide you and help you out and get you back up on your feet again.

Try to read some portion of the Quran everyday and make Zikr of Allah. It will not be a bad idea to start off the day by reciting Surah Yaseen.

Try to have a daily Halaqah of reading from a Hadith book at home. The most widely used Hadith book in English is probably Riyadh us Salihin. Set aside a time at home, and try to sit down with other family members. It does not have to be long. Even five minutes or ten minutes will suffice. A daily dose of the words of Allah and his beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihe Wasallam goes a long way in keeping us attached to our faith.

After prayers or whenever, try to recite as many times as possible the words which are mentioned in the following Hadith: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Do not forget to say in every prayer, Rabbi a'inni ala dhikrika wa shukrika wa husni ibaadatika (O Allah, help me to remember You, thank You and worship You properly.).(al-Nasaa'i, 1303)

Sometimes we commit sins which eventually make us weak in our faith. Islam will prevent us from sins....or sins will prevent us from Islam. Repenting over past sins will not be a bad idea at all. The way we have a habit of sinning, the same way, as soon as a sin is committed, we should make a habit of seeking forgiveness for our sins. We should never procrastinate because death could over take us anytime.

You also must understand that we all go through these weaknesses. We all have those moments when we don't feel like doing anything Islamic. Faith increases and decreases. This is natural and it will happen many times in our lives.

It is important to know that if a decrease in faith leads to one neglecting one's duties or doing Haram deeds, this slackening is very serious and one must repent to Allah and start to do something about it at once. If it does not lead to neglect of duties and doing Haram deeds, but just makes a person fall short in doing Mustahabb (recommended) deeds, for example, then a person still needs to know how to sort herself out and correct herself until she returns to the proper level of energy and strength in worship. This is what we learn from the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Every deed has energy and strength, and then this energy and strength is followed by a slackening, so who's slackening is in accordance to my Sunnah he will be fine, and who's slackening is to other than that [i.e., doing unlawful or forbidden deeds] he will be doomed. (Reported by Ahmad, 2/210; Saheeh al-Targheeb, no. 55).

Read up on the benefits of performing Salat and harms of not performing them. Read those Ahadith again and again. Read up on the bounties of Paradise and Punishments of the Hell fire.

Remember the breaker of worldly pleasures i.e. death. Daqaq (R.A.) says, �Who ever remembers death frequently, will benefit in three ways: he will hasten to repent, he will become content, and he will be active in worship. Whoever forgets death will be punished in three ways: he will delay repentance, he will no longer be content with what is sufficient, and he will be lazy in worship.� O Death! Where is thy long awaited sting? ...sigh��

Also:

Beseech Allah, turn to Him as a servant, asking Him to increase your iman so that you may taste the great sweetness that is found therein. The times before Fajr and Maghrib are �great windows of opportunity� as one great teacher repeatedly tells me (may Allah preserve him), so take advantage of them by praying and supplicating at those times in particular, and all times in general.

7 Steps to Increased Iman

By Sumayyah Meehan

The Prophet Muhammad (S) said: "Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allah to renew the faith in your hearts” (Mustadrak al-Haakim).

Our Iman is not always as sound and strong as we want it to be as it often fluctuates according to life circumstances. There are several causes for weakening Iman such as deficiencies in our prayers or the insinuating whispers from the Shaytan. Regardless of the cause, it is crucial for all of us to keep a check on our Iman and if we feel it is faltering in any way then we should take measures to restore it. It is our responsibility to know which things decrease our Iman and how to avoid them and those that increase our Iman and how to embrace them.

Here are 7 ways that we can brighten our Iman starting today!

1. Recognise and Repent

All humans commit sins no matter how hard we try to avoid them. Engaging in evil deeds decreases our Iman. Actions like lying, cheating and stealing, to name only a few, take a toll on the human heart which makes us more susceptible to being lead astray from the Path of Allah. It is important for us to reflect upon our deeds and weed out the ones that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (S). Allah has gifted us with an innate sense of justice and the ability to reason and make sound judgements. Our fitrah (natural disposition) necessitates that we all know when we are committing a sin. And if we don't know, we certainly have a bevy of resources to find out from!

2. Perform Salah Regularly

Completing the five daily prayers, on time and according to the Sunnah, is an excellent way to increase our Iman. Not only are we performing an obligatory deed when praying, but by doing so we have a standing audience with the Creator of this world where we can ask for help and mercy. The effect of the salah on the human soul is cooling as Muhammad (S) once said that it cooled his eyes. The salah connects us with our Creator and, along with obedience to Allah, helps us to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.

Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an:

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses -this Qur’an- are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone); Who perform salah and spend out of that We have provided them. It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and Forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise)” (Al-Anfal: 2-4).

3. Qur’anic Recitations

Medical studies have shown that simply listening to a recitation of the Holy Qur’an has a physiological effect on our bodies. Research has also proven that the Qur’an has healing qualities on the body, mind and spirit. What better way to increase your Iman than to listen to a recitation of the Holy Qur’an on an audio device! Listen to the melodious rhythm of the Qur’an and while doing so try to reflect upon the meanings of what you are listening to.

4. Engage in Dhikr

"…Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (13:28)

Remembering Allah much through acts of dhikr brings peace to the heart. It also gives us a sense of taqwa, a consciousness that makes us realise that Allah Almighty is ever near and that we should always strive to please Him. Some beneficial dhikr include:

Subhan'Allah- 'Praise be to Allah'

Al-Hamdullilah- 'Thanks be to Allah'

Allahu Akbar – 'Allah is the Greatest.'

5. Voluntary Fasting

Fasting can be thought of as a prescription for us, which cures the maladies of the human soul. There are innumerable benefits to fasting nawafil fasts. Fasting helps us be thankful to Allah for His Bounty, control unlawful desires, have compassion for the less fortunate and it weakens the effects of waswas, the insinuating whispers from the Shaytan.

6. Carry Out Good Deeds

Doing good deeds for others can be like switching on a light bulb in a darkened room. No matter how awful we are feeling there is just something about offering a helping hand to someone in need that lifts our spirits and brightens our Iman.

Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an: "For those who believe and work righteous deeds is a reward that will never fail” (Fussilat: 8).

Types of good deeds that any of us can fulfill include acts of dawah, feeding a poor person or donating something of value to charity. Not only does the deed benefit another person but it also benefits our own souls by polishing up our Iman.

7. Trust in Allah

The best way to increase your Iman is to completely submit your will to Allah by following every command in the Qur’an and Sunnah. Live your life according to them and you will find success around every corner. Turn to Allah in times of distress and be thankful to Allah in times of bounty. Have patience in Allah's Decree and always remember that no matter what trials or tribulations we face in this World, one day we will be called to account for our deeds which were hopefully sent forth with much goodness and patience.

Useful video- http://lailanasheeba.wordpress.com/ways-to-increase-your-iman-faith/

Mustapha@
02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
My humble piece of advice is to keep in touch with good
Muslims, fast some days from time to time....or if you can afford going on pilgimage (Al Haj), it would be a good idea...i'm sure it will give you a great inspiration...and it will refresh your Faith( Iman)...we all know that our faith decreases and sometimes increases...this happen to every individual i think.
May Allah keep you in the right path
Salamu aleikom Brothers in Sisters

Hamza Asadullah
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Assalamualaikum,

Iman
Asalaamualaikum wr wb, Ive also pasted some very useful files for you and all to download as they are very benificial! Allah Hafiz

ghengis
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
... tests are a good thing.... :)

...more pious you are more you are tested....

so i suppose you can judge your piety indirectkly from the depths of the trials allah the mighty lord imposes on you....

..maybe?... you only sit a test when i suppose you have spiritually gone up a tier... examination time!

Time
03-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Enthusiasm when one first repents, followed by slackening off
When a person repents, he makes a vigorous start and says, “The Shaytaan is telling me to slow down,” so he does more acts of worship. Then his enthusiasm cools down, and he says, “Allaah does not burden any person beyond his scope,” and his acts of worship become less until he goes back to the way he was.
My question: What advice can you give? Should he make a vigorous start, or take a gradual approach until it is established and then add more after a while, or should he follow the saying, “When your wind blows, then make the most of it”?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The blessing of guidance and repentance is one of the greatest blessings that Allaah can bestow upon the Muslim, whereby he changes himself for the better in ways that will bring him closer to Allaah, may He be exalted. Usually the person who has repented starts to do acts of worship in an enthusiastic manner, seeking thereby to make up for what he missed out on during the time that he spent in sin and misguidance.

This is something natural that happens to everyone who is sincere in his repentance. This was mentioned by our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who also described the cooling off and reduction of enthusiasm that comes after that. This is also something natural, but the danger in the case of one who has repented is that this loss of enthusiasm may lead to him going back to the way he was. Hence it is essential to pay attention to this matter. If the one who repents finds his enthusiasm waning, he must adopt a moderate approach and adhere to the Sunnah so that he can preserve his capital, then he can start again with energy and strength, because starting from the middle is better than starting from zero.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every deed has a period of enthusiasm, and every period of enthusiasm is followed by a slackening off. If a person’s enthusiasm is for my Sunnah, then he has succeeded, but whoever chooses something else when he slackens off is doomed.”

Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (1/187); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 56.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every deed has a period of enthusiasm, and every period of enthusiasm is followed by a slackening off. If a person is moderate and avoids extremes, then you may have hope for him, but if fingers are pointed at him, then do not count him as anything.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2453; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 57.

Al-Mubaarakfoori (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Every deed has a period of enthusiasm” means, enthusiasm and energy for doing a thing, whether it is for good or evil.

“and every period of enthusiasm is followed by a slackening off” means, one becomes tired, weak and lethargic

“If a person is moderate and avoids extremes” means, if he controls his enthusiasm and avoids the extremes of excess and negligence when his enthusiasm wanes.

“then you may have hope for him” means, there is the hope that he will succeed, for he can continue to adhere to something moderate, and the most beloved of deeds to Allaah are those which are done consistently.

“but if fingers are pointed at him” means, he is striving hard in order to become famous for his worship and asceticism, so that he will be famous and people will point at him.

“then do not count him as anything” means, do not think of him as special or regard him as one of the righteous, for he is showing off. He did not say, “Do not have any hope for him,” because he has already fallen and he cannot catch up with what he has missed.

Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 7/126

In order for the Muslim to avoid either extreme, he must be moderate and not go to extremes in doing acts of worship and obedience lest he get bored and give it up, and he should not refrain from doing them out of laziness and carelessness lest he gets used to that and never goes back to worship. Both attitudes are wrong, but the one who follows a middle path is following the right path, and whoever follows the right path will attain that which Allaah loves and is pleased with.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you will be saved by his deeds.” They said: Not even you, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “Not even me, unless Allaah bestows mercy upon me. So do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allaah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a moderate course whereby you will reach your target (Paradise).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6098

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“So do good deeds” means, strive to do what is right.

“moderately” means, do not go to extremes in worship, lest you become tired and give up, and thus fall short.

This hadeeth indicates that we are encouraged to be gentle and moderate in worship; the words used liken worship to walking at various times of day and night, with the aim of reaching one's abode, namely Paradise.

“Always adopt a moderate course” means adhere to the middle way. The literal translation would be, “Moderation, moderation”; the word is repeated for emphasis.

Fath al-Baari, 11/297

Conclusion: We invite you to ponder the ahaadeeth quoted above and think about what they mean. Remember that the one who repents should be grateful, and the best way of showing gratitude is to persist in repentance, which means persisting in worship. Remember that “The dearest of actions to Allaah is that which is done regularly, even if it is small.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim. So do not start in an overenthusiastic way and then stop completely; rather be moderate in worship. This is something that it is possible for you to do. Whenever you feel more energetic, then focus on obeying and worshipping Allaah, and whenever you feel tired than go back to the moderate way. We ask Allaah to make things easy for you, and to guide you to the best of words, deeds and attitudes.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/70314

:D

walaikum As Salam!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.