/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Crow and the Eagle

Güven
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
The Crow and the Eagle

“Anwaar-e-Suhaili is a well known Persian book. In it has been narrated a very thought provoking story:

Once a man saw a crow whose wings were cut. He thought, “poor thing, how is it going to survive? From where shall it get its food?” Hardly a moment had passed when that person spotted an eagle carrying some prey in its beak. The eagle came closer, landed and fed the crow.

On seeing this the man thought “ This is how Allah provides for His creatures, so why should I worry about earning a living. Allah will provide for me.” So he sat down and remained idle. Some days passed but yet the person did not get anything. One wise man said to him “ O servant of Allah, you were shown two birds, one injured crow and an eagle. Why did you prefer to become like the crow? Why did you not think about becoming like the eagle who not only eats himself but also feeds others who are in need?

This story illustrates very well the real nature of ‘Tawakkul’. IF anyone has yet means of livelihood at his disposal, then he should not give up those means. His case is a like that of the eagle. He should not only fulfil his own needs but also look after others. “

Taken from “the World Within” by Mufti Muhammad Shafi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-07-2008, 08:56 PM
JazakAllahu Khair for approving :D

:bump:

:w:

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Mashallah jazakallah khair for sharin! :)

Güven
10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
^wa iyaaki :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
mashallah, excellent lesson :)
thnks

Lamees
10-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I like this story...whenever i read it i feel like:cry:

Why did you prefer to become like the crow? Why did you not think about becoming like the eagle who not only eats himself but also feeds others who are in need?
O Allah..let us be Motawakkeleen..Ameen

Jazaka Allahu Aljannah brother Güven

Güven
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Ameeen

And Wa Iyaaki Sister :)

Ashjan95
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Salaam

Mashallah bro thanx
for that :-)

FatimaAsSideqah
10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Excellent reminder! Jazaak'Allah Khair bro.

kwolney01
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Ameen

Very nice lesson! MashAllah!!
Thanks for posting brother. May Allah bless us all!

Musaafirah
10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Jazakallah for sharing bro!

Güven
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
^Ameen and Wa Iyaakum :)

Curiosity_
10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Awwww.
Mashallah.
Great lesson.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.