/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nitty Gritty

BintAbee
10-08-2008, 10:01 AM
:sl:
You can use this thread to ask all those simple questions about technology and hopefully some knowledgable person will answer. questions like "why are the keys on your keyboard not in alphabetical order?" and so on.

Well, here goes my 2 questions:
1. Why do we have to identify an image when we do an advanced search on this forum? (This is not exclusive to this forum. I have seen it elsewhere as well) but all I want to know is what purpose does that "image verification" have?

2. What does http and html stand for?

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 10:03 AM
:wasalamex

1) Well for now, thats because you're a limited member. Once you're a full member with 50 posts you wont have to.

And I assume its to make sure you're not a bot :D

2) HTML: HyperText Markup Language

HTTP: hyperText Transfer Protocol (I think)

The first I got from Google, try it sometime :D

BintAbee
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
^ O yeah. I forgot about google, but it's so much better asking someone else rather than some search engine. thanks, sis.

O! and also, I hope this aint off topic, but how do you rep someone and how do you know if someone repped you and who and for what?

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
, but how do you rep someone and how do you know if someone repped you and who and for what?
You rep somebody by clicking the green icon/thing to the top right of the persons post. And you check your reps by going to your UserCP which is at the top left of this page, scroll to the bottom and there you have it :D

But you cant see the names of the people who repped you because you're not a full member

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Go to your UserPC (link on top left hand corner) and scroll all the way down and you can see a list of your reps! :)

[EDIT- JolieFleur we posted at the same time lol]

BintAbee
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
^^Shukran ukhtain. i appreciate both the replies

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
BarakAllah feeki

Actually I have a question too, why is it that the emo's at the side keep changing? They dont change that often but sometimes they do, and that means I have to go searching for the codes of the ones I'm used to already :mmokay: (Although I've been here long enough to know most :-[)

but yeah, how do they change? Do you select them manually or something?

------
10-08-2008, 10:32 AM
:salamext:

^ They are randomally generated on the side.

BintAbee
03-03-2009, 09:23 AM

I want to know what the rep power means?

And I also wanna know why I can't access the user pages or is it supposed to be secret?^o)

:w:

BintAbee
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
^Ok. Jazakallah Khair.

Muezzin
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
1. Why do we have to identify an image when we do an advanced search on this forum? (This is not exclusive to this forum. I have seen it elsewhere as well) but all I want to know is what purpose does that "image verification" have?
It's to ensure you're actually human and not a spam bot. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!