/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about the daily prayers

HussamZ
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Hello everyone, Al Salamu 3alaikom wa rahmat Allah.
I have a few questions regarding our daily prayers.

Firstly, when I was young my mother and father taught me how to pray, as I grew older, I had to memorize the tashahud. My mum would give me a small piece of paper to read off during the prayer but since I had to learn it, I was bit quick about it and had some reading problems reading, My arabic was weak at the time.

Now, I have recently found out that very small sections of the tashahud that I recite in the prayer are incorrect, or are not supposed to be there.
For example:
"Atta-hiyyatu lillahi was-salawatu wat-tayyibatu As-salamu 'ala an-Nabiyy wa rahmat-ullahi wa barakatuhu"

My version would read:
"Atta-hiyyatu lillahi was-salawatu wat-tayyibatu As-salamu 'alaika ya Rasool Allah wa rahmat-ullahi wa barakatuhu"

I have been praying this way for over 6-7 years. Now that I have realised this, I've changed, but will God not accept my prayers from before?

The above is just a small example listed there are 2 others, small not large changes, but nonetheless they are still changes.

I have another question regarding the morning prayer, or the first prayer to start off the day. I haven't necessarily prayed this morning prayer on time, since I haven't considered setting an alarm to wake me up. However, I do wake up at about 5:30 to go to school, once I do, I take a 10-15 minute shower. Once I have made Ghusl, what's the latest time that I can make this prayer without it being considered disliked in our religion? Since according to what I know, a Muslim must always make sure he prays on time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raju
10-13-2008, 06:52 PM
W/salam

Dear Brother i have found a wonderful mobile application that will help you with your prayer and has every thing you want do know about prayer visithttp://www.islamasoft.co.uk .

And they have a Prayer times application that will help you get up intime to read your prayer. Visit this link for Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LthNiiKGNWk

The Khan
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
:sl:

Brother HussamZ, Allah (SWT) looks at the intention of his worshipers more than anything else.

And Allah (SWT) knows best.

:w:

Ayesha Rana
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
well nowadays in the UK sunrise is about half 7, well in Manchester any way. You have to read between the time when the sky begins to turn blue (from about 6am) till before the sun starts to rise.

i wasn't aware of the 'As-salamu 'ala an-Nabiyy' when i was a kid either and Allah does not punish us for what we do by mistake so long as we repent and rectify that. it's your intention that counts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kwolney01
10-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I believe it is based on your intentions. If you clearly did not know you were saying it wrong then it is still valid. I am a new muslim and I just learned I haven't been doing something right either, I have now fixed that and pray that Allah will forgive me of my mistakes. As long as you change it when you find out it should be okay. Still ask Allah for forgiveness!!:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.