/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pyramids prove that the religion of China, Egypt and Mesoamerica is all the same.

Grace Seeker
10-17-2008, 03:37 AM
We spend a lot of time on comparative religions talking about Christianity and Islam. I thought it might be nice to take some of that discussion elsewhere. I wasn't sure what other religions I might talk about, but then learning that since other religions in the world had some beliefs that while only on the surface having anything in common with Christianity, that it was sufficient to prove the pagan origins of Christianity, that perhaps we might take a look at some other religions and surmise what their origins were.

This came to me while I was watching a PBS special on the blood sacrifice practiced by the Aztecs. They would do this at their temples, usually built high above some pyramid. Of course, the Aztec were not the only people to do blood sacrifice or build pyramids. Their neighboring Maya did the same. Surley the Aztecs learned this from they Maya. And the temples of the Maya made Thor Heyerdahl think of the Egyptian pyramids, so he proved you could sail a boat from Egypt to the Americas in order to explain how the Maya learned to build pyramids from the Egyptians. And these were places for the dead, often involving the ritual death of those who were to accompany the one's for whom the pyramid was built. And then there is another group of pyramids in China that while they don't look much like pyramids, but merely burial mounds of piled earth there is an obvious connection with the Egyptian pyramids because both are called pyramids and both are place of internment for the dead. And since the pyramids of China are more than 5000 years old, they are the oldest of all pyramids. This surely categorically proves that the Great Pyramid of Cholula in Puebla, Mexico is of the same religion as that which existed in China 5000 years ago.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KAding
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Sarcasm is bad for you Grace Seeker ;).

The Khan
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Grace Seeker, what a wonderful thread! I applaud you, this is something I've always wished to discusss!

As you know, animism existed prior to polytheism. Animists worship all natural elements - fire, water, the sky, sun, wind, trees, rivers, etc. They would normally worship these elements, consider them as Gods, and have names for them. Islamic view is this - that they corrupted the message of noble prophets and worshiped them, in the form of natural elements and such.

As civilisation grew, new things were introduced, such as sculpting. Sculpters began creating idols of these elements in the form of human beings, or started worshiping yet other prophets selected by Allah (SWT), either corrupting their message in full, or most of it.

Let's see what led to the transaction from full polytheism to soft polytheism:

Full polytheistic religions have mainly the same concepts. They have a King God, and lesser Gods, all having different duties and such.

For example, in Chinese polytheism, you have the Yellow Emperor, the King God. Then you have Shen Nong, and such, who are worshiped as lesser Gods. Then you have other Gods who were deified later on, such as Matzu, the Goddess of the sea. This is similar to how Jesus Christ and Julius Caesar were deified. In Vedic Hinduism, there too were important deities based on natural elements. For example, Prithvi was the God of the Earth, Agni was the God of fire, Vayu was the God of wind, Surya was the God of the Sun, etc. You can compare this to the Roman pantheon - Jupiter = King God, Mars = God of Agriculture (later war), Venus = Goddess of Love, etc. In fact, not only are there similarities, but also similarities in languages!!! The Greek, Latin, German, and Sanskrit languages have so many similarities, that there's no doubt there's a common source, linguists call this language the "proto indo-european language", and have attempted to recreate a similar tongue.

Now, there are many many similarities. For example, the version of the cross the Hindus and Buddhists use is the Swastika. This was also used by Shamanists in Mongolia and Tuva! Then you have a cross. The cross was used by the Mayans, Aztecs, Babylonians, Egyptians, etc. Is it too much of a coincidence? No. They all depict the same thing = the crux (cross) constellation in the sky. On the winter solstice (Dec 25th in the mediterranian) the sun aligns with this constellation in the mediterranian, lies in the centre for three days, and rises up by one degree after that. Thus, the Sun died on a cross, was dead for three days, only to be resurrected and born again. After this, warmer days and Spring would follow. The winter solstice depicted the process of death to the ancients, and is celebrated all over the world. For example, it is celebrated as Pongal in South India, Sankranti in central India, and by another name in the North (I forgot), however, it takes place a few weeks later, as only the Aztec and Mayan solar calendars were 100% accurate. Our solar calendars need to be changed every millenia, and the Hindus have not done so for a very very long time.

You mentioned human sacrifice. Did you know, that although the Romans used human sacrifice as an excuse to go to war with enemies like Carthage and Gaul, they themselves used to do the same? They did not sacrifice humans to Gods, instead, they used to sacrifice them to lesser creatures comparable to the Kami of Japan. The Chinese also performed human sacrifice, to river deities, until a hero (forgot name) proved how priests were fooling them to commit this evil act. Human sacrifice still takes place - in India!! There are an average of 60 cases of human sacrifice here every year, by Tantric followers of the Goddess Kali. There are also hundreds of cases of cannibalism by Aghori "holy men", who pick human bodies floating on the Ganges and eat them raw.

Now, soft-polytheism. When people ask me about this term, I usually mention three faiths as examples - Hinduism (one God, 330 million incarnations), Zoroastrianism (One God, hundreds of lesser God-like creatures), and Christianity (One God, three forms). There are too many similarities between them. Trinity, for example. Trimurti (three deities) in Hinduism, the Ahuric triad in Zoroastrianism, and trinity in Christianity. Of course, there have been many other trinities in existence.

So yes, I do agree with what you have to say about the ancients. They indeed had a lot in common. Their pagan myths were intertwined with each other. These myths influenced Christianity to a great extent.

Peace.

Grace Seeker
10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
And birds, bees, and bats are all related to each other because they have wings and start with the letter "b".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Lol! :D

Abdul Fattah
10-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi
I realize the thread was meant sarcastically, but I'd like to reply all the same because a fairly large amount of people actually do think that there is some sort of link based on these pyramids.

I doubt there's serious similarity between South-American pyramids and Egyptian ones. Or between Egyptian and Azian. Yeah obviously they are all pyramids, but that's where the comparison ends, they had different shapes, different designs, different methods of building, different use and purpose. Furthermore, besides from the fact that all three cultures build pyramids, there's no other significant comparisons between them as far as I know. I would say that the reason for building pyramids was simple. They are easy in the sense that you don't have to worry about support of your building. If you're building a huge square or pentagon or hexagon, you gotta make sure that the walls can support the roof. And that's easier said than done. So in my opinion, the only reason that all three cultures build pyramids is simply because it was less challenging shape to build such big complexes in from an architectural point of view. This might be a dull explanation, but it seems the most reasonable.

wth1257
10-19-2008, 01:44 AM
ah

so I am the idiot who thought Grace Seeker was serious and coulden't figure out quite how to respond to this.....interesting(?) thesis:embarrass

sorry being being a bit dense:cry:

The Khan
10-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Abdul Fattah does have a good point. ^^

Abdul Fattah
10-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
ah

so I am the idiot who thought Grace Seeker was serious and coulden't figure out quite how to respond to this.....interesting(?) thesis:embarrass

^_^
well if the first post wasn't all that clear, the second should have been a death giveaway:
And birds, bees, and bats are all related to each other because they have wings and start with the letter "b".

wth1257
10-19-2008, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Hi

^_^
well if the first post wasn't all that clear, the second should have been a death giveaway:
that's what did it:D

north_malaysian
10-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Hey...you left out Bosnia... some peeps claim that there is a pyramid im Bosnia too...

Grace Seeker
10-20-2008, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Hey...you left out Bosnia... some peeps claim that there is a pyramid im Bosnia too...

Interesting. Since 95% of Bosniaks self-identify as Muslims, does this mean that Islam is related to the religions of Mesoamerica?

doorster
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
ah

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE! Join the club, I thought he was serious too (otherwise those mods would not have approved the thread or would have moved it to jokes forum or bin).

I mistook it for comparative religion's forum where serious comparisons go on to foster understanding. I did not know that it was a fun & games forum with added bonus for missionaries to prove "falsehood" of Islam and save us "lost" souls

Peace!

The Khan
10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Interesting. Since 95% of Bosniaks self-identify as Muslims, does this mean that Islam is related to the religions of Mesoamerica?
It's been dated to 6000-3000 BC.

MSalman
10-20-2008, 04:13 PM
As-Salamu 'Alaykum

to be honest with you all, I wouldn't be surprised if during every era the rich people or who were in the power came up with all these crazy ideas to keep people busy worshiping all sorts of things to make money out of it. For example, we know the Makkan used to have all those idols and pilgrimage to improve their status and wealth. Just a speculation and indeed Allah Ta'ala knows best.

The Khan
10-20-2008, 05:01 PM
In Mesoamerica, the pyramids were of a religious nature, for all sorts of sacrifices, specifically human. In Egypt and China, there were tombs. The Bosnian pyramid is controversial.

Grace Seeker
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan
In Mesoamerica, the pyramids were of a religious nature, for all sorts of sacrifices, specifically human. In Egypt and China, there were tombs. The Bosnian pyramid is controversial.
Do you mean to say that despite some surface similarities, that one has to look deeper to see what these things actually meant to the people involved? Why that could throw out my whole theory of connectedness!

barney
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Excellent thread GS!

Good spot to discuss blood sacrificed in attonement for (original) sin, killing the firstborn on altars (Issac), eating the flesh of Vitzliputzlili in the form of breaking bread (Communion),Chalchiuhtlicue's great flood (Noah),Xolotl's virgin birth to a divine father,(Jesus) the 7 heavens, the Mexicas exodus from oppression to a promised land.(Moses and the jews)Huitzilopochtli's Cross Symbology....

I could carry on for several pages here, but thats a taster!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.