is this correct for ghusl?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mazhar_majhu
10-18-2008, 06:33 AM
jazakallah khair
for sharing the knoledge

markq
10-19-2008, 02:28 PM
i was asking if this is the correct procedure? does anyone know if it is?

The Khan
10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
:sl:

When I do ghusl, i just do wudhu while having a bath. According to the noble Quran (5:6):

O ye who believe! when ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; Rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands, Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete his favour to you, that ye may be grateful.

Basically, just wet your whole body sufficiently. Anything else you do is optional and sunnat.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Before making Ghusl one should make Niyyah (intention).

Ghusl should be made in a place of total privacy and one should not face towards the Qiblah while making Ghusl.

Ghusl may be performed standing or seated, preferably seated.

Use sufficient water, don't skimp nor be wasteful.

• Wash both hands up to and including wrists.
  • Wash the private parts. The hands and private parts should be washed even if one is not in the state of Janabat or Najasat.
  • If there is Najasat elsewhere on the body, it should now be washed off.

• Perform Wudhu, pour water over the head thrice, then pour thrice over right shoulder and thrice again over left shoulder. Now pour water over entire body and rub.

doorster
10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...950-ghusl.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...udu-ghusl.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...bismillah.html

SeekersElite
07-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Exactly. this is the right way. But to get more details please make good use of this article on how to perform ghusl in 8 simple steps
Link: http://seekerselite.com/ghusl-steps-...h-infographic/

Jazakallah Khairan Katheeran

Abz2000
07-27-2017, 03:52 PM
The main requirement of ghusl is that the whole external body is washed properly with water you know to be clean, and that your mouth, nose, and ears are clean.

If you want to copy how the Prophet :saws: did it (and he was usually methodological in his actions) you can, but the right side and left side of the face part is not true as far as I kniw, he'd apparently pour water over his right shoulder before his left shoulder, and pouring water over the shoulder is normal when bathing from a utensil anyway.
If you are using an overhead shower, just get under it and wash your body properly, you can scrub the right shoulder, armpits, and back first, but the front and the face are even so there's absolutely no need to go ott and make a mockery of yourself before Allah by washing the right side of your face before the left side.
It's nice that we have some observations on how the Prophet :saws: made ghusl from his wives, but it gets a bit silly when writers add unnecessary rituals to it like it's ocd or something.

I used to get so exasperated when people used to ask me if I had performed ablution after a full bath and or shower including brushing the teeth..... like please leave me alone man, my whole body was just scrubbed with soap and washed....(not from a small utensil where water had to be carried from a well).
The yahoods have a habit of making irrational traditions and then coming across funny, we're Muslim - keep it real.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.