/* */

PDA

View Full Version : haraam

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:15 PM
what is haraam and what is not in islam? like i mean everything i know that pork and alcohol is not allowed but i mean less obvious things. thanks^^

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
10-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Sister, I do not think someone can give you 1 a exhaustive answer :), theirs just too much to mention. It is better if you either, study Islam, or ask on more specific areas (like, what is halal and haram in marriage, or finance, etc)

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Sister, I do not think someone can give you 1 a exhaustive answer :), theirs just too much to mention. It is better if you either, study Islam, or ask on more specific areas (like, what is halal and haram in marriage, or finance, etc)
hmm...what is haraam in relationships with other people?

Ali.
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
No boy/girlfriends allowed, is that the topic you're on about?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SixTen
10-18-2008, 03:28 PM

If you have the time, try read this article http://caliph.wordpress.com/articles/boy-girl/

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
No boy/girlfriends allowed, is that the topic you're on about?
ya something like that and like is there any haraam on friendships with people too?

piXie
10-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll mention one.

Backbiting and spreading lies to create trouble between people, husband and wifey, between sisters, between brothers etc. Intolerable. Low. Disgusting. Cursed. Despicable.

n very common. :mmokay:

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
I'll mention one.

Backbiting and spreading lies to create trouble between people, husband and wifey, between sisters, between brothers etc. Intolerable. Low. Disgusting. Cursed. Despicable.

n very common. :mmokay:
yes i agree@_@i am glad that is haraam i wish everyone would follow that. it seems like every friend i used to have did that too me..so now i dont really have friends that i really trust in rl, i just have people i talk to at school and thats about it...kinda pathetic lol but i guess is better no friends than having bad friends right?:)

piXie
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
lol, right.

chacha_jalebi
10-18-2008, 04:15 PM
lol lets play the haraam listing game :D

being gay!

it is haraam

Ali.
10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
ya something like that and like is there any haraam on friendships with people too?
Um, I think anybody who you think will have an effect on your beliefs.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [reported by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhee].

In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [Bukhari & Muslim]

In his commentary of this Hadith, Imam an-Nawawi said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) compared a good companion to a seller of musk and spoke of the virtue of having companions who are good, who have noble manners, piety, knowledge and good culture. Such are those who grant us from their virtue. And he (peace be upon him) forbade us to sit with those who do evil, commit a lot of sins and other bad deeds, as well as with innovators, backbiters, and so forth.

Another scholar said: "Keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that"

And (remember) the Day when the wrong-doer will bite his hands and say: Woe to me! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Woe to me! If only I had not taken so- and-so as a friend! He has led me astray from this Reminder (the Qur'an) after it had come to me.
{25:27-29}

Friends on that Day will be enemies one to another, except al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have Taqwah).
{43:67}

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Um, I think anybody who you think will have an effect on your beliefs.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [reported by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhee].

In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [Bukhari & Muslim]

In his commentary of this Hadith, Imam an-Nawawi said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) compared a good companion to a seller of musk and spoke of the virtue of having companions who are good, who have noble manners, piety, knowledge and good culture. Such are those who grant us from their virtue. And he (peace be upon him) forbade us to sit with those who do evil, commit a lot of sins and other bad deeds, as well as with innovators, backbiters, and so forth.

Another scholar said: "Keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that"

And (remember) the Day when the wrong-doer will bite his hands and say: Woe to me! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Woe to me! If only I had not taken so- and-so as a friend! He has led me astray from this Reminder (the Qur'an) after it had come to me.
{25:27-29}

Friends on that Day will be enemies one to another, except al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have Taqwah).
{43:67}
i used to have very bad friends. one got pregnant out of wedlock and now has a child but she doesnt take care of it very well and drinks and smokes. of course i have not talked to her since i became a muslim and i never was like her. but she was a very lost person, shes only my age so shes really young and has alot of problems already. it is sad.

Yanal
10-18-2008, 10:03 PM
what is haraam and what is not in islam? like i mean everything i know that pork and alcohol is not allowed but i mean less obvious things. thanks^^
:w:
Well Haraam are things or animals not allowed in Islam. For instance dating is haraam. Any more questions be free to ask.

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
:w:
Well Haraam are things or animals not allowed in Islam. For instance dating is haraam. Any more questions be free to ask.
umm i heard music was haraam as well. but i have an mp3 player i use when i am in class because a lot of people around me talk about very indecent things so i listen to piano music or something like that so i dont have to hear what they are saying...is that considered bad too?

Yanal
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Sheik Ibn Baz said " music is haraam and is a sin because it weakens dhikr"
According to this yes any music is a sin, unless it is a nasheed. Idea. Why don't
You download a nasheed and play that to soothe things around you .

Nájlá
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM
umm i heard music was haraam as well. but i have an mp3 player i use when i am in class because a lot of people around me talk about very indecent things so i listen to piano music or something like that so i dont have to hear what they are saying...is that considered bad too?
mp3's are not only for music lol u could put some nasheeds orr even better quran into ur mp3 :)

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 10:27 PM
whats nasheed? and can i get some for free?

Nájlá
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
its like a song but it has a good message in them and it has no music
but u could get nasheeds with music and these are also haraam

lol yeh u could get them for free.
make another thread if u want and we'll post some good nasheeds

Re.TiReD
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
A good thread for nasheeds sis:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-nasheeds.html

And at the haram issue, well music is haram for starters. Also...

Gambling, alcohol and any other intoxicants:

Al-Baqara [2:219]

يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْسِرِ قُلْ فِيهِمَا إِثْمٌ كَبِيرٌ وَمَنَافِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَإِثْمُهُمَآ أَكْبَرُ مِن نَّفْعِهِمَا وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ مَاذَا يُنفِقُونَ قُلِ الْعَفْوَ كَذَلِكَ يُبيِّنُ اللّهُ لَكُمُ الآيَاتِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَفَكَّرُونَ

2:219 They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider

And Zina (adultery):

Al-Isra [17:32]
وَلاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الزِّنَى إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاء سَبِيلاً

17:32 Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).

Thats all for the moment insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

UmmSqueakster
10-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I know there is a heavy emphasis on halal and haram for newbies. Don't get overwhelmed! Take things slow, learn a few new things each day and progress at your own pace.

I always remind myself that Allah (swt) didn't reveal this religion in a day. It wasn't bam! here's the Qur'an, memorize it you have a test tomorrow.

Instead, He revealed it over a 23 year period to the best of teachers, the Prophet Muhammad (saws), who had the best of students, his companions. These people were the best generation of muslims ever, but they didn't become that way overnight. It took them 23 years to learn their deen (religion) and years after that to perfect it.

For your MP3 player, you can download the Qur'an with english translation for free - http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...recitor_id=171

`Yousef
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
As the brother above said, their is very useful and soothing nasheed by today modern famous people in the modern world today such as; Yusuf Islam, Sami Yusuf some of OutLandish etc :).

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Just a reminder, both Sami Yusuf and Outlandish use music in their 'nasheeds', try alternatives such as Ahmed Bukhatir, Kamaluddin and Talib al Habib insha'Allah ^_^

Faseeha
10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Both the giving and receiving of interest is Haraam, as well as a major sin

seeker-of-light
10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
I know there is a heavy emphasis on halal and haram for newbies. Don't get overwhelmed! Take things slow, learn a few new things each day and progress at your own pace.

I always remind myself that Allah (swt) didn't reveal this religion in a day. It wasn't bam! here's the Qur'an, memorize it you have a test tomorrow.

Instead, He revealed it over a 23 year period to the best of teachers, the Prophet Muhammad (saws), who had the best of students, his companions. These people were the best generation of muslims ever, but they didn't become that way overnight. It took them 23 years to learn their deen (religion) and years after that to perfect it.

For your MP3 player, you can download the Qur'an with english translation for free - http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...recitor_id=171
for the link you gave me i went to it and but when i tried to click on save or listen to the surahs, it said "the webpage cant be found". is there another way to download these? or am i not doing it right anyways?:-\

Nájlá
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
^Quran explorer

try this site sis its got the translation too

Malaikah
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
:sl:

Here are a couple of simple things that aren't allowed, many of which I'm sure you already don't do!

Stealing
Murder
Gambling
Lying (sp?)
Cheating
Swearing
Being rude
Adultery and fornication (which means no sexual relationships out side of marriage, and that even includes kissing anyone of the opposite gender, even if it is just the cheeks! Heck, even touching them isn't allowed, unless they are small children, your close relatives, or doing it out of need, such as a doctor examining you).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.