/* */

PDA

View Full Version : plz help!

roohani.doctor
10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
:sl:

i have an assignment + an exam tomorrow and need help urgently...

1) how do we find out the bond distance in HF, KCl, and BCl3 using either covalent or ionic radii?

2) why do o3(-) and s3(2-) have bent geometry whereas Cl(3-) and I(3-) dont?

3) compare bond order values for P and S with bond order estimate for the observed P4 and S8 species. why are the larger species more stable?

ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! seriously guys im tryin not to freak lol... and i also kno sum of u are really smart :):)

plz help

jazakallah khairan x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haron♥Islam
10-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I wish I can help but I'm no good in Chemistry :(

The Ruler
10-25-2008, 10:29 AM
I could give a general idea of the thing as a whole, 'cause I cannot be bothered to sit down with the periodic table and draw structures.

Q1) I didn't understand whatexactly you were asking
Q2) It could be due to the lone pairs of electrons. This is where I need the PT and draw structures.
Q3) Larger species are more stable as they have a larger number of electrons and thus more Van der Waals forces.

I know this is 5 days late, but it's never too late to know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!