/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Proven errors with Harun Yahya material

Hamayun
10-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Before you post I want to make it very clear...

This thread is not to know your opinion on him. This is not a thread about criticising Yahya's work so please do not post if you do not have any factual evidence against the material.

This thread is only so we can establish what the errors are in Yahya material so we can be aware of it.

Please clearly state the exact statements from the Yahya book/video that have been found to be clearly wrong/erronous and then give your explanation.

Please do not post if you do not have the evidence to backup your claims.

Please do not post unless you are stating exact statements made in the Yahya book/video along with your explanation backed with evidence.

Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
interesting ...I want to know this aswell

:w:

جوري
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I haven't spent much time with Yahya's work to really give you a learned opinion.
from the few I have browsed I believe his work should be aimed at a younger audience.
by that I mean it is written in easy enough language and he doesn't get into too much scientific detail. That isn't to say what his writing is untrue.. but it isn't very technical and at times more emotional than factual...

in fact can be comparable to his nemesis dawkin only from the opposite end of the spectrum. Here is a man who abuses the laurels that accompany his name to promote his own religion. Actually it should be more frowned upon since Yahya doesn't claim a doctorate, rather research outside of academia.

I think it is a privilege to have earned a high degree, but with it comes responsibility.. and I find many of these so-called scientists abusing their chair, for instance 'blacks are indeed inferior due to their genetics' according to Dr. Watson http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle2630748.ece

Not only untrue but an abomination to bank on an area of your studies to promote your own personal hateful agenda. Scientists/Doctors aren't above human error, but worst than committing error is furthering it for evil. I believe those people should be stripped of their title for doing so.
Best to write it as free lance, under the heading of personal opinion rather than putting it under the umbrella of science!

Allah knows best

Hamayun
10-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Reason I posted this thread up is because there were several people laughing at Harun Yahya's work in another thread saying it should be banned and it is full of lies.

I just want to know what those "lies" are. Just so we know what these errors are for future reference.

Anyone? Strange you were really vocal about it on the other thread.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-22-2008, 01:44 AM
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

جوري
10-22-2008, 01:46 AM
^^^ that is a very wise proverb...thank you

The Khan
10-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Jazakallah, you're welcome. ^^

Abdul Fattah
10-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Selam aleykum
someone recently posted some articles on Idawah from Harun Yahya
I took the time to refute them paragraph per paragraph. You can find them in this thread:

http://www.idawah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374

doorster
10-22-2008, 06:21 AM
^^ I thought you did not like debate by links (to other sites) ^^ refute this >> islamicboard.com/world-affairs/134273060- << have a "field day"

doorster
10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
oh since I have no delusions of being an all round scholar and I certainly am no scientist, I ask you to post me the proof of the alleged distortions of Quranic Ayats that brother is alleged to have made

Hamayun
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
So Brother Abdul-Fattah,

Is your advice to Muslims that they avoid all of Yahya's work? or just his work on Evolution? Because all the arguments I see are regarding his work against "Darwinism".

There is a lot of other work he has published which is unrelated to Evolution.

I personally appreciate all his efforts, especially his articles about Terrorism when the unfortunate event of 9/11 happened. I have respect for him and his work even if his work on evolution may have lacked proper research.

Jazakallah Khair

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I personally do not find anything wrong with his views. But, I do feel he does not have sufficient scientific knowledge and his errors are in the field of science. I can not think of anything specific, but I do feel that his scientific explanations leave much to be desired.

doorster
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I personally do not find anything wrong with his views. But, I do feel he does not have sufficient scientific knowledge and his errors are in the field of science. I can not think of anything specific, but I do feel that his scientific explanations leave much to be desired.
Jazak Allah khair!

My own view is like that of Sr. Skye.

Most of the Muslim Peoples I have ever known or spoken to are NOT of Europe/America where level of education is very high whereas in my part of the world we are lucky if we have a primary school near us, a high school is quite an achievement. for my level of English education, his videos are most suitable due to their simplicity (anything more would be just gobbledygook).

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
Jazak Allah khair!

My own view is like that of Sr. Skye.

Most of the Muslim Peoples I have ever known or spoken to are NOT of Europe/America where level of education is very high whereas in my part of the world we are lucky if we have a primary school near us, a high school is quite an achievement. for my level of English education, his videos are most suitable due to their simplicity (anything more would be just gobbledygook).

That is a very good point. It is an error for those who have had the blessing of a good education, to assume that all scientific material should be presented in terms of advanced academia. Sometimes all that is needed is simplicity.

I apologize if my post offended anybody.

Perhaps the question should be is Harun Yaha reaching the people he intends to reach? I do agree what was brought up about the Qur'anic Ayyats, what specific Ayyats did he err in explaining?

If I want to lean about quantum physics, I should stick to physic books.

If I want some simple validations of the Qur'an, perhaps Harun Yaha is a good source.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.