The judges are....

Al-Zaara
Abu Sayyad
Skye Ephémérine
Abdul Baari
Silver Pearl
Saifur-Rahmaan
czgibson

You have until the 1st of December to PM sister Jawharah your entry Insha'Allah.

Also, winning entry gets a prize courtesy of Bro -S- so get particpating insha'Allah

No Plagiarism please :exhausted

Keep your entry anon....if you can :) Actually do it no matter what Insha'Allah :)

Keep the theme/moral Islamic

No more than 2000 words please and long enough to give it some depth

And last but not least, enjoy yerselves :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
10-21-2008, 02:34 PM
If you have other commitments do them first. Here's some advice:
Get a notepad and wrote your story on it for nights just sleep 15-30m laymte that's all and then you just have to type and send done by next week.:)

Musaafirah
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Ah thanks man! Thing is I don't know what to do for my proposal. Haven't got a theme for the story. Haven't got a clue full stop. Oh.

IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Woopie doo! Seriously, I should be doing some work now :/
I don't want to though.
I want to write stories...:muddlehea
write away lil one! write to your hearts content!

no seriously, i wanna read it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
maryam87
ok im new to this competetion more details please

Yanal
10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Search up Jolifeur look at her first thread about this then you will find out inshallah.

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 05:20 PM
1st December and thats final.

Also, Bro -S- is going to sort out a prize for the winning entry insha'Allah :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur

:ooh:

ok i'd better step up my game then !

Sahabiyaat
if i lock myself up for a day and do nothing but write the story i can write much more than 2000 words. couple of days just sepending time on a story, i can still do it.

why do u presume it takes a whole month!!!!!!

i already thought of my plot last night!! lol. and have shaped each charachter in my head before i went to sleep.i could have started writing it today if i put my mind to it.

i say until dec is tooooo long!!

Al-Zaara
^ It ain't only about you sis, think of the rest aswell. people here do not have time to give it a whole day or weekend or whatever. Some aren't that quick to be creative and wish to have time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
by the fact that many members are at uni/work or busy with family lives so they need time.
I said that aswell, and suggested the 1st, but then you said the 10th and I thought, is there any reason more for that date, rather than the 1st? OK anywaaaaaays.

InshaAllah, 01.12.2008 is the deadline then.

Na7lah
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM

kool and Al-Hamdulillah we finally come to a conclusion to this, now everyone get a pen and paper and go write something :mmokay:

Güven
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Realy??? :ooh: :ooh:

....People you are not gonna have a chance now anymore ....:ooh:

....that prize is mine :Evil:

ok see you at first december InshaAllah !

:w:

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I dont know what it is, he asked me to suggest a prize and I wasnt so sure :-[ anyway lets not go off-topic, Bro Muhammad might tell us off again :-[

جوري
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I think you should get czgibson on board as a judge? just a suggestion.

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I think you should get czgibson on board as a judge? just a suggestion.

Hmm, thats an idea actually. Although we do have more than enough judges. JazakAllah khayr for the suggestion sis

جوري
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Hmm, thats an idea actually. Although we do have more than enough judges. JazakAllah khayr for the suggestion sis
:sl:
just in case one of the judges (ahem :-[) fails his/her duties for any reason...
also he is really very qualified by virtue of his profession... I am not sure he'd agree to come on board but he'd in fact be an asset..

Allah knows best

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
just in case one of the judges (ahem :-[) fails his/her duties for any reason...
also he is really very qualified by virtue of his profession... I am not sure he'd agree to come on board but he'd in fact be an asset..

Allah knows best

:wasalamex

Oh..JazakAllah khayr sis. Just drop me a PM if you need to insha'Allah ... I'll drop him a PM too...

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Yanal resigned for the betterment of LI he said ^_^

Na7lah
10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
lol so he's going to write instead? i'd like to see what his brain would come up with :p

Ali.
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
^ Resigned from what? Being a judge? If so, I'm up for it.

Na7lah
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
judging

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh Akhee we dont need another judge. We already had two bro judges too many. Now is just perfect :$

He's not going to write btw o_O

JazakAllah khayr for the offer though bro! I appreciate it :$

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Yanal plz write us a story

Musaafirah
10-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I'll be able to participate now Insha'allah!
Just gotta get uni work out the way (Not that it's gonna happen anytime soon, but oh well)
How do we maintain our anonymonity? Anymosity? Anonymosity? (Help, me out here, can't find the right word!)
Is there any particular theme? Should it be wholly Islamic? Can we just write whatever?
Thank you for having the patience to answer my question. :)

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Maintain your anonymouse-ity (thats the corect word :coolious:) by PM'ing me your entry and not telling anybody else which entry belongs to you, well first off I guess you dont have to announce in this thread that you're participating :p

The story can be about anything but it should revolve around an Islamic theme as the judges will be looking to which entry affected them the most and gave them that 'Imaan rush' ^_^ no set theme though....

All the best sister ^_-

Yanal
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I can't my computer at repair shop and I use the Internet on my iPod touch to come on. I might actually. What is a Imaan Rush?
I might take a notepad and write until I get comeputer then type out and post. Yeah I will do that.:)

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah do that insha'Allah ^_^

And an Imaan rush is something that makes your Imaan feel tip-top, where your Imaan feels at its highest and you feel as though you could give the Shaytaan a flying kick, shove a fish up his nose and still remain unharmed =D

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 11:15 AM

Also, winning entry gets a prize courtesy of Bro -S- so get particpating insha'Allah
make it something cool., like going to mecca :'(

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Lol....I doubt it sis. Its only a writing comp ;D

But you'll see ;) its a good incentive huh ^_^

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
lol ;D ..yh i know i was kidding :) ...Just been craving to go to mecca for the past 5 yrs :-[ :exhausted :'(

truemuslim
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
lol if u tell the prize more ppl would participate other wise they would think its just a piece of crap . :X if u want that is :rolleyes:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
^ but we already got enough people participating :p

gnna hav loadsa nice stories inshaAllaah :D

truemuslim
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
ah shoulda don dis for the poetry thing
thats tru stuff, but this is just boring writing nd yous all advertising :rolleyes: :p

how many ppl are participating anyway?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 01:45 PM
^ you really find writing boring?

its like you can make up your own world... its a great way to release aswelL! it just FEELs good !

the very first story i ever wrote was in year 4 (i was 9 yrs old i think) and the school hung it up n put it in the main hall lol

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
lol sis if it's not for you then fine :)

I dont know yet, people want their entries to be good so will take their time insha'Allah :) I've received one though so far.

I dont know what the prize will be :)

truemuslim
10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
:) i kno sis :) i wasnt gonna :) sorry if i offended :)
well hope all goes :) well :)

:) :p :)

Yanal
10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
:sl:a

make it something cool., like going to mecca :'(
Could brother S make it that whoever wins will become a mod ( if meets standard mod expectations):).

Na7lah
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
Could brother S make it that whoever wins will become a mod ( if meets standard mod expectations):).
you're really hoping to become a mod arent you ;D lol

brotherinfaith
10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
is it a kind of essay or what exactly ?

Kas1m
10-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Create a story and characters and write a story with islamic moral. Could be fiction

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Create a story and characters and write a story with islamic moral. Could be fiction
Lol short and simple way of putting it. Yes. :thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Short and sweet:

I'm entering the writing contest.

I have to say it in main although it's going against what I previously said.

Anybody who has a problem with sending me their entry should send it to sis Jawharah insha'Allah.

Just to add on though, my entry is complete. There's no reason for you to feel uncomfortable sending it to me. I'm not going to edit my piece after reading the one's of others. Heck I dont even read the entries (No time to) unless the member asks for me to.

But just incase..you can send to Sis Jawharah and she'll then pass on to me on the actual day of the deadline insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

Yanal
10-28-2008, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
you're really hoping to become a mod arent you ;D lol
Yes:)

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
:bump: the addition insha'Allah...

Ayesha Rana
10-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Maintain your anonymouse-ity (thats the corect word :coolious:) by PM'ing me your entry and not telling anybody else which entry belongs to you, well first off I guess you dont have to announce in this thread that you're participating :p

The story can be about anything but it should revolve around an Islamic theme as the judges will be looking to which entry affected them the most and gave them that 'Imaan rush' ^_^ no set theme though....

All the best sister ^_-
can u give the entries over to be judged without telling hu wrote what? i'd rather not be an open book, not when there'l be a bro judging it on the other end. and i dont wanna write fiction coz ive wasted half my life on untrue novels without an islamic theme as it is and not proud of it.

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Sis that's the whole point of PM'ing them to me. The judges will never know which entry belongs to which member (Well they will find out but after the winner has been announced, but if you wanna remain anon throughout then that's fine) Is that what you meant froggy? :p

Na7lah
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Sis that's the whole point of PM'ing them to me. The judges will never know which entry belongs to which member (Well they will find out but after the winner has been announced, but if you wanna remain anon throughout then that's fine) Is that what you meant froggy? :p
and what if someone breaks their annamosity? :p

Ali.
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Soo...

You still sure you don't need anymore judges?

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
and what if someone breaks their annamosity? :p
Lol, to be honest you can tell anybody you want. Just don't say in the main forum coz then the judges will find out. Tell anybody you want through PM or whatever but please leave it at that if you can :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Soo...

You still sure you don't need anymore judges?
I need people to enter :D

Ali.
10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I need people to enter :D
Alright, but just remember, incase you change your mind, the offer still stands. :coolious:

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Alright, but just remember, incase you change your mind, the offer still stands. :coolious:
I'll keep it in mind Akhee :D :shade:

truemuslim
10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
lol wat if u write the story ina rhyme? :p lol like

"yeh once upon a time, a muslim girl, age 9, palestini, had crossed israeli line" :p?

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol wat if u write the story ina rhyme? :p lol like

"yeh once upon a time, a muslim girl, age 9, palestini, had crossed israeli line" :p?
Youu Drooollll :p

truemuslim
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
:-\
fine
but ur not an LI oldtimer then
i guaruntee u u will be gangstified soon! :coolious:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-30-2008, 05:48 PM
:-\

i guaruntee u u will be gangstified soon! :coolious:
ok its getting sad now

truemuslim
10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
ok its getting sad now
:-\ so r u

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Ya'all Drooooooool :p

Write a story Insha'Allah. About fish.

truemuslim
10-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Lol gladly i write about fish :Evil: lool

edit: nevermind. remembered it has to be like a million words :'(

Na7lah
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
1000 words in really small font is 2 pages typed :) wich is great actually then 2000 would be around 3 or 4

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeh but remem we want it in size 12 font....Otherwise the judges will kill themselves in frustration whilst reading :p

Na7lah
10-30-2008, 07:08 PM
i kno i'll fix it later inshallah :) PS. i'm almost done *finally* :D

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Fab! I'm done too :D :coolious:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Lol gladly i write about fish :Evil: lool

edit: nevermind. remembered it has to be like a million words :'(
the amount u type i dont see why that is even a problem lol

truemuslim
10-31-2008, 12:59 PM
the amount u type i dont see why that is even a problem lol
i can write about pointless things forever. like i can type three pages of gangstitity,1 page of death, nd 5 pages of blud, but i can never write about real shia !:laugh:

sevgi
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
cool. looking forward to it.

must it be islamic?

Güven
10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
^It can be about anything but it has to have an islamic Moral , thats not hard innit ? :)

*Me is Done*

جوري
10-31-2008, 07:33 PM
I prefer psychological thrillers ........

seeker-of-light
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM
can i still enter?

Güven
10-31-2008, 11:05 PM
OFcourse...you have till 1st of december to send your entry to sisters Joliefleur or Jawharah :)

Na7lah
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
can i still enter?
yep till the first of December :)

sevgi
11-01-2008, 05:24 AM
what is the prize? not that it matters...

mere curiosity.

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
11-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Umm, where are you supposed to post thid stuff?
And what is the prize?

Güven
11-01-2008, 07:57 PM

lol why is everbody asking for the price like they gonna win :/
the price is not decided yet i think:
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...g-contest.html

And you can send your entry to sisters Joliefleur and Jawharah ....I thought :?
and they send it to the judges.

Muezzin
11-01-2008, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riyadh-ul-Jannah

Umm, where are you supposed to post thid stuff?
PM your entry to either

JolieFleur

or

Jawharah

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
:salamext:

Interesting. I really enjoy writing, but haven't written anything for quite some time. I think I might enter. Will all of the entries be posted up, or only the winning entry? How will the judges discuss the entries, in a public thread or in private?

Glad to see czgibon on the judges panel.

Güven
11-03-2008, 12:49 AM
:wasalamex:

^ All the entries are gonna be posted up and it will be discussed privately InshaAllah :)

......still 27 days to go :exhausted

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 09:47 AM

JazakAllah khayr to all those who answered :thumbs_up

Just several things, the entries will be discussed in private and not on LI. The prize...I have no idea tbh and I'll probably decide once we have a winner insha'Allah.

You can PM your entry to either me or Jawharah, Na'am. All the best people.

WassalamuAlaykum

ammarahnaf
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Interesting Contest. So far how many people already participate in this contest. Seem like Im also interested but maybe no chances to win. hehe.. I noticed there are several good writer already join.. :)

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
So far I have a confirmed 4.

Although they havnt submitted their final entries yet. No rush, have about a month.

And give it a shot sis, you have as good a chance as anybody :)

Re.TiReD
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Update!

Please do NOT send any of your entries to me, send them to Sis Jawharah insha'Allah.

JazakAllah khayr

WassalamuAlaykum

Ayesha Rana
11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
no my little squishy fishy, i meant i couldn't decide what i wanted to do so i was tryna make an excuse and not enter at all. if ur gonna go for something u shud give it ur best and i'm too preocuppied with painful matters at the moment, the only thing i can write at present is too miserable to talk about so another time insha'Allah. but meanwhile u can mail me YOUR entry and i'll see just how ur fishy little mind works yup.

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
no my little squishy fishy, i meant i couldn't decide what i wanted to do so i was tryna make an excuse and not enter at all. if ur gonna go for something u shud give it ur best and i'm too preocuppied with painful matters at the moment, the only thing i can write at present is too miserable to talk about so another time insha'Allah. but meanwhile u can mail me YOUR entry and i'll see just how ur fishy little mind works yup.
Okily dokily...You can read it when I post em in the thread. Also Sis Jawharah is doing the main stuff for the contest now.

Re.TiReD
11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Just to say that Jawharah is the fishter you gotta see for all your literary needs :coolious: I mean, all your contest needs. Just incase I disappear.

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
11-11-2008, 01:33 PM
:bump:

Ok my hour and a half daily dose of LI is up, just bumping this to remind you guys to get your entries in insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

Periwinkle18
11-12-2008, 04:09 PM
i know i'm not going to win or anything but i lyke writting n maybe this will help me enhance my writting skills so sis who do we hav to give r entries to?? i think i've written more than 2000 words i hav to type it now. is everyone going to read the stories we send?

Ali.
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
who do we hav to give r entries to??
Jawharah.

is everyone going to read the stories we send?
Yep, JolieFleur or Jawharah will put them all up in a thread for us to read while the judges cast their final votes!

Periwinkle18
11-12-2008, 04:24 PM
noooooooooo

Muezzin
11-12-2008, 11:42 PM
noooooooooo
Don't worry. It's anonymous. That's why entrants have to PM their entries to sis Jawharah. Either on or after 1 December, sis JolieFleur will post all the entries in a public thread, but the public and the judges will not know who wrote them.

The judges will confer privately, away from public eyes, but the stories shall be viewable by all.

Inshallah, at a later date, sis JolieFleur will reveal the identity of the authors if they so wish. :)

Peaceful1
11-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Peace be to you. I am a new member and would very much like to submit an entry to the writing contest. However, no matter how I've tried, I can't find a way to PM my entry. Is there a specific tab or name I for which I should be looking? So far, nothing I've tried works. Thank you in advance for your help.

BlissfullyJaded
11-14-2008, 07:20 AM
You need to be a Full Member (have 50 posts) in order to be able to PM anybody.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2008, 11:30 AM
so... shes... gone?

now who do we send our stories too? :ooh:

Muezzin
11-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Send them to Sister Jawharah inshallah.

Periwinkle18
11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Don't worry. It's anonymous. That's why entrants have to PM their entries to sis Jawharah. Either on or after 1 December, sis JolieFleur will post all the entries in a public thread, but the public and the judges will not know who wrote them.

The judges will confer privately, away from public eyes, but the stories shall be viewable by all.

Inshallah, at a later date, sis JolieFleur will reveal the identity of the authors if they so wish. :)
ok cool i'll finish my story n send it to her JazakAllah khair bro.

FREAK-A-ZOID
11-15-2008, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
You need to be a Full Member (have 50 posts) in order to be able to PM anybody.
hi mod.i dont have 50 yet but i wrote my story.does that mean i cant do it:cry:

Muezzin
11-15-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teaj
hi mod.i dont have 50 yet but i wrote my story.does that mean i cant do it:cry:
You should still be able to PM moderators. Jawharah is a moderator, and the person to whom entries must be sent. So there shouldn't be a problem.

Güven
11-19-2008, 03:12 PM
:bump:

twelve days left InshaAllah!

Periwinkle18
11-19-2008, 06:02 PM
i've written the story havan't started typing it. :P I'll start tommorow inshaAllah..

Pk_#2
11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
i've written the story havan't started typing it. :P I'll start tommorow inshaAllah..
All the best, I hope you win Nimz =)

Olive
11-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Jus' like to say good luck to everyone. InshaAllah, the best one wins! :D

Periwinkle18
11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
All the best, I hope you win Nimz =)
Thnx sis, but don't u want teaj to win she tried really hard. i know i won't my story sucks.

جوري
11-19-2008, 10:07 PM

Something rather serious and personal has transpired the past couple of days, and I fear that I have to resign from my position as a judge for the writing contest.. pls do forgive me-- I know you have made an excellent selection otherwise, I don't believe I'll be missed...

I don't think I can be judicious with so many wonderful entries in my current state of mind..

Good luck to all of you-- and again, my humble apologies........

Pk_#2
11-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Thnx sis, but don't u want teaj to win she tried really hard. i know i won't my story sucks.
Corse Nemo =) Everyone taking part is a winner in my eyes, I know I never can write stories, I can't even think of a plot, forget writing the story, so well done you! :D

Pk_#2
11-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Something rather serious and personal has transpired the past couple of days, and I fear that I have to resign from my position as a judge for the writing contest.. pls do forgive me-- I know you have made an excellent selection otherwise, I don't believe I'll be missed...

I don't think I can be judicious with so many wonderful entries in my current state of mind..

Wa'alaykumSalaam,

Sorry to hear that sis, imsad

Get better soon,

I hope that your problem is resolved quickly and easily,

AsalamuAlaykum.

Sahabiyaat
11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
ive written a bit, but thats about it, ill just treat it like an assignment and quickly do it just before i hand it in lol .Buts since i enjoy writing its not a problem for me to do it in a day :)

Nájlá
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM

May Allah make things easy for u sis. Aameen

whose gonna be a judge instead of skye?

actually didnt bro Ali wanted to be one?
if he still does then i think he should go for it.

Ali.
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Something rather serious and personal has transpired the past couple of days, and I fear that I have to resign from my position as a judge for the writing contest.. pls do forgive me-- I know you have made an excellent selection otherwise,
That's really sad to hear - I hope you get through whatever you're going through, and don't forget to look towards Allah [swt] for help when you need it most!

I don't believe I'll be missed...
Don't say that! People have said I can be a pessimist sometimes, but I still agree that you should never think like that.

Again, all the best.

format_quote Originally Posted by najla93

actually didnt bro Ali wanted to be one?
Yep the offer still stands :p.

I guess it's up to Jawharah to decide?

BlissfullyJaded
11-22-2008, 06:37 AM

I hope all is well with you sis Skye and it's sad to see you have to quit. imsad

I'll let you'll know if we decide to get another judge or not inshaAllah. :)

sevgi
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
if we become a judge,can we still enter?

if need be, i can judge. I do have a major in english lit and will be doing a masters in creative writing soon. eekk. *hides*

(inshallah)

Muezzin
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
if we become a judge,can we still enter?

if need be, i can judge. I do have a major in english lit and will be doing a masters in creative writing soon. eekk. *hides*

(inshallah)
I'm not in charge of the contest, but allowing a judge to enter is a conflict of interests.

Güven
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM

3 days left....Monday is the deadline :skeleton:

those who didnt sent their Story ...DONT FORGET!

Re.TiReD
11-28-2008, 11:02 PM

JazakAllah khayr for the bump :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
At last i sent it :p

piXie
11-29-2008, 01:58 PM

I've thought of a very good plot for mine. will be finished by next year insha'Allaah. :p

Musaafirah
11-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I haven't written the story and don't have enough time to do so!
Am lookin forward to reading everyone else's story though!

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2008, 04:50 PM
as much as i wanted to enter the competition i have no story in mind.

lol ah well

Olive
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

I've thought of a very good plot for mine. will be finished by next year insha'Allaah. :p
Lol! :D I'm looking forward to that. :)

Güven
11-29-2008, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

next year!? :skeleton:

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I haven't written the story and don't have enough time to do so!
Am lookin forward to reading everyone else's story though!
No story?imsad
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
as much as i wanted to enter the competition i have no story in mind.

lol ah well
No story? imsad

I wonder how much entries there are :D

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 05:07 PM
haven't sent mine in :p i'm a last minute person lol
but i'm planning to inshallah

Olive
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
You better lol.

As Guven pointed out... at this rate the there'll be no stories at all! :D

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Aww what a pity....Looks like we might have less entries than the poetry contest.

Hmm nevermind.

WassalamuAlaykum

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
how many so far?

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:17 PM
how many so far?
AssalamuAlaykum

I think Jawharah knows best the number so far, I'm out of the loop...But I know for a fact that 4 have been submitted.

WassalamuAlaykum

Muezzin
11-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Add one to whatever that number is.

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:01 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

;D meaning you?

Ima be posting them on Monday insha'Allah, should be fun :popcorn:

WassalamuAlaykum

Ali.
11-29-2008, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

Aww what a pity....Looks like we might have less entries than the poetry contest.
Strànge. Maybe there are loads of what Muslimah421 described as '1 minute' people. We'll see.

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Strànge. Maybe there are loads of what Muslimah421 described as '1 minute' people. We'll see.
I hope so bro, I really do.

Off-topic: I keep cringing at the thread title. Perfect example of bad english :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
lol InshaAllah!

Off-topic: I keep cringing at the thread title. Perfect example of bad english :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Shall I change it? :shade:

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 10:14 PM

WassalamuAlaykum
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
lol InshaAllah!
:D i'm almost done mayb i'll get it in by today :D if i can stay of the forums

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:14 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Go for it insha'Allah mod bro :thumbs_up

Although the thread has a limited life-span now...2 days to go insha'Allah and I'll be making another one :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:17 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Go for it insha'Allah mod bro :thumbs_up

Although the thread has a limited life-span now...2 days to go insha'Allah and I'll be making another one :p

WassalamuAlaykum

to what ? lol im bad at grammar :p

Na7lah
11-29-2008, 10:18 PM
LI Writing Contest: Final Details

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
LI Writing Contest: Final Details
Done :thumbs_up....I think

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2008, 10:44 PM
whats the minimum words?

i could just make one up riiight now lol, might not be all that though...

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
whats the minimum words?

i could just make one up riiight now lol, might not be all that though...
No minimum, I think the minimum was scrapped if we ever did have one...Just that it would have suited your best interests to have one coz the story should have some depth at least. Go for it insha'Allah

BlissfullyJaded
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM

You guys even get several more hours, cuz December 1 midnight for me is at around 8 am GMT. Anyways, come on guys, please submit ittt.

There's only been 6 entries. imsad Don't make me more sad guys. imsad

Btw I believe I sent everybody confirmation through PM or rep that I got your story. If you didn't get any reply from me, please PM me to make sure I got it.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
sorry i tried my best,

i think i got writers block or something :X

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 11:59 PM
sorry i tried my best,

i think i got writers block or something :X
;D nah it's not that you've got.

Na7lah
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
is there going to be first second and third places or only first place? :?

Re.TiReD
11-30-2008, 12:03 AM
is there going to be first second and third places or only first place? :?
AssalamuAlaykum

Depends on the number of entries and if the judges are spoilt for choice or not. If there is a clear winner there'll prob just be one. Allahu A'lam we'll see insha'Allah :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Olive
11-30-2008, 08:31 AM

You guys even get several more hours, cuz December 1 midnight for me is at around 8 am GMT. Anyways, come on guys, please submit ittt.

Btw I believe I sent everybody confirmation through PM or rep that I got your story. If you didn't get any reply from me, please PM me to make sure I got it.
Only 6? I thought they'd be more! imsad

whiterose
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Asalamu Alikum,

I have a story to submit, but who should I submit it to?

Re.TiReD
11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whiterose
Asalamu Alikum,

I have a story to submit, but who should I submit it to?
Wa'alaykum salam

Sis Jawharah...She's posted somewhere in this thread you can PM her insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

whiterose
11-30-2008, 10:32 PM
walaykum al salam,

aw Jazaki Allah khair sis!

Na7lah
11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
finally i'v finished and submitted it :D rest is up to the judges

i cnt wait till tommorow to read the entries :p

Na7lah
11-30-2008, 11:09 PM
last q: is it ok if we let other members *besides the judges* see our entries?

Re.TiReD
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
last q: is it ok if we let other members *besides the judges* see our entries?
Yup sure sis

IbnAbdulHakim
11-30-2008, 11:11 PM
when we get to read em then ? :ooh:

Re.TiReD
11-30-2008, 11:12 PM
when we get to read em then ? :ooh:
Too mor owwww.... Too mor owwwwwwww.

Tomorrow insha'Allah!

Or the day after depending...

WassalamuAlaykum

sevgi
12-01-2008, 03:28 AM

i would have loved to join but unfortunately i have an essay due in. im finishing the essay today. i actually started writing a story..but got caught up with the essay. sorry.

w/s

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

There are 8 now, should I post em now or after midnight?

WassalamuAlaykum

~Taalibah~
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM

Waiting to read the stories!!

Muezzin
12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

There are 8 now, should I post em now or after midnight?

WassalamuAlaykum
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha

Waiting to read the stories!!
...I guess that means you should post them now.

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Okily...But I just remembered that people might submit at last minute, you guys ok with me posting your stories before they've all been submitted?

If not I'll make the thread now insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

Muezzin
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
If there are still people who wish to enter, then it's only fair to wait until they have.

Are there still last-minute entries?

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If there are still people who wish to enter, then it's only fair to wait until they have.

Are there still last-minute entries?
AssalamuAlaykum,

I'm guessing people might submit late. Not sure though, it's not about fairness....it's about whether the participants atm mind....

WassalamuAlaykum

BlissfullyJaded
12-01-2008, 03:02 PM

There's one more I gotta hand over to y'all, and then you can post. ;) :D

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM

There's one more I gotta hand over to y'all, and then you can post. ;) :D

Oki....Jaldi insha'Allah and then I can make the thread b4 I have to dash off.

WassalamuAlaykum

BlissfullyJaded
12-01-2008, 03:08 PM

G'wan then. ;)

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM

G'wan then. ;)

Fankoo :p wat hap to Charisma btw?

Na7lah
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
so are you going to make the thread now or at midnight? :?

Cabdullahi
12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
La ilaha ilallah who the heck is gonna read all that??? ...sadly im not a bookworm

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Made, this thread can be unstuck

WassalamuAlaykum

smile
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
here's my story

once upon a clock
there was two children
and they went in a haunted house
and ran home
and
ate
bread and
soup

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.