/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Hadeeth of the day

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Adiva
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
:sl:

As salaam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

Hadeeth means the words, actions, approval or attributes that have been narrated from the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:

I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet (S.A.W) orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following:--

(1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),

(2) to follow funeral processions,

(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you" (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"),

(4) to return greetings,

(5) to help the oppressed,

(6) to accept invitations,

(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 625

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:20 PM
As salaam alekum all,

Narrated Usama:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

Source: Sahi Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124.

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "Allah will not deprive you of knowledge after he has given it to you, but it will be taken away through the death of the religious learned men with their knowledge. Then there will remain ignorant people who, when consulted, will give verdicts according to their opinions whereby they will mislead others and go astray."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 410

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "(There are) two words which are dear to the Beneficent (Allah) and very light (easy) for the tongue (to say), but very heavy in weight in the balance. They are: 'Subhan Allah wa-bi hamdihi' and 'Subhan Allah Al-'Azim."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 652

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, but righteousness is this that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts-- these are they who are true (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil).

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 177

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:29 PM

On no soul does Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 286

Adiva
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

Soruce: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33

Adiva
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "If any one of you says, "Amin" and the angels in the heavens say "Amin" and the former coincides with the latter, all his past sins will be forgiven."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 748

اللهم إني أسألك فيه ما يرضيك وأعوذ بك مما يؤذيك وأسألك التوفيق فيه لأن أطيعك ولا أعصيك يا جواد السائلين

O Allah, on this day, I ask You for what pleases You, and I seek refuge in You from what displeases You, I ask You to grant me the opportunity to obey You and not disobey You, O One who is generous with those who ask.

Adiva
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "No doubt, it is better for a person to take a rope and proceed in the morning to the mountains and cut the wood and then sell it, and eat from this income and give alms from it than to ask others for something."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 558

اللهم افتح لي فيه أبواب فضلك وأنزل علي فيه بركاتك ووفقني فيه لموجبات مرضاتك واسكني فيه بحبوحات جناتك يا مجيب دعوة المضطرين

Tranalstion: O Allah, on this day, open for me the doors of Your Grace, send down on me its blessings, help me towards the causes of Your mercy, and give me a place in the comforts of Paradise, O the one who answers the call of the distressed.

Adiva
10-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "When a woman gives in charity some of the foodstuff (which she has in her house) without spoiling it, she will receive the reward for what she has spent, and her husband will receive the reward because of his earning, and the storekeeper will also have a reward similar to it. The reward of one will not decrease the reward of the others . "

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 506

اللهم وفقني فيه لموافقة الأبرار وجنبني فيه مرافقة الأشرار واوني فيه برحمتك إلى دار القرار بإلهيتك يا إله العالمين

Translation: O Allah, on this day, grant me compatibility with the good, keep me away from patching up with the evil, lead me in it, by Your mercy, to the permanent abode, by Your Godship, O the God of the
worlds.

MO783
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Jazakallah

Adiva
10-24-2008, 04:49 PM

My pleasure brother :)

Adiva
10-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus:

The Prophet (PBUH) said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.

The Prophet (PBUH) added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

Adiva
10-24-2008, 04:58 PM

Abu Sa'id al Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Every servant of Allah who observes fast for a day in the way of Allah, Allah would remove, because of this day, his face farther from the Fire (of Hell) to the extent of seventy years' distance.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 006, Number 2570

Dua: اللهم ارزقني فيه رحمة الأيتام واطعام الطعام وإفشاء السلام وصحبة الكرام بطولك يا ملجأ الأملين

Translation: O Allah, on this day, let me have mercy on the orphans, and feed [the hungry], and spread peace, and keep company with the noble¬ minded, O the shelter of the hopeful.

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If anyone prays at night reciting regularly ten verses, he will not be recorded among the negligent; if anyone prays at night and recites a hundred verses, he will be recorded among those who are obedient to Allah; and if anyone prays at night reciting one thousand verses, he will be recorded among those who receive huge rewards.

Source: Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 6: , Number 1393

Dua:اللهم أعني فيه على صيامه وقيامه وجنبني فيه من هفواتك وآثامه وارزقني فيه ذكرك بدوامه بتوفيقك يا هادي المضلين

Translation: O Allah, on this day, help me with its fasts and prayers, and keep me away from mistakes and sins of the day, grant me that I remember You continously through the day, by Your assistance, O the Guide of those who stray.

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:02 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

My friend (the Prophet; PBUH ) advised me to observe three things:

(1) to fast three days a month;

(2) to pray two Rakat of Duha prayer (fore-noon prayer); and

(3) to pray Witr before sleeping.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 202

Dua: اللهم اجعلني فيه من المستغفرين واجعلني فيه من عبادك الصالحين القانتين واجعلني فيه من أوليآئك المقربين برأفتك يا أرحم الراحمين

Translation: O Allah, on this day, place me among those who seek forgiveness. Place me among Your righteous and obedient servants, and place me among Your close friends, by Your kindness, O the most Merciful

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
As salam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet ( PBUH) said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120

Dua: اللهم قربني فيه إلى مرضاتك وجنبني فيه من سخطك ونقماتك ووفقني فيه لقرآئة آياتك برحمتك يا أرحم الراحمين

Translation: O Allah, on this day, take me closer towards Your pleasure, keep me away from Your anger and punishment, grant me the opportunity to recite Your verses (of the Qur'an), by Your mercy, O the most Merciful.

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM

O Believers, seek help with fortitude and Salat, for Allah is with those who show fortitude, And do not say of those who are slain in the way of Allah, "they are dead." In fact, they are alive but you do not perceive that life,We will surely put you to trial by involving you in fear and hunger and by causing loss of property, life and earnings. And give good tidings to those who remain steadfast in these trials. when a misfortune comes to them, they say, "We are Allah's and we shall certainly return to Him,'' Their Lord will bestow great blessings and mercy upon them; such are the people who are rightly guided.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 153 to 157

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah has forbidden you
( 1 ) to be undutiful to your mothers
(2) to withhold (what you should give) or
(3) demand (what you do not deserve), and
(4) to bury your daughters alive.

And Allah has disliked that
(A) you talk too much about others
(B), ask too many questions (in religion), or
(C) waste your property."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 6:

Adiva
10-26-2008, 10:20 AM

As salaam alekum (Peace be upon you)

Hope everyone is well and that the Hadeeths are keeping you going...:)

Narrated Anas:

That the Prophet (PBUH) said, "For every prophet there is an invocation that surely will be responded by Allah," (or said), "For every prophet there was an invocation with which he appealed to Allah, and his invocation was accepted (in his lifetime), but I kept my (this special) invocation to intercede for my followers on the Day of Resurrection."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 317o

Adiva
10-26-2008, 10:23 AM

As Salam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

...(O Prophet), good and evil are not equal. Repel (evil) with that which is good, and you will see that he, between whom and you there was enmity, shall become as if he were a bosom friend (of yours).

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 41 ( FUSSILAT ): Verse 34

Adiva
10-26-2008, 10:28 AM

.. O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Source: The Holy Quran ( Chapter 49) AL-HUJRAAT : Verse 11 :sl:

Adiva
10-26-2008, 10:30 AM
As salamalaikum ( Peace Ber Upon You)

Narrated Nafi':

Ibn 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If the supper is served for anyone of you and the Iqama is pronounced, start with the supper and don't be in haste (and carry on eating) till you finish it." If food was served for Ibn 'Umar and Iqama was pronounced, he never came to the prayer till he finished it (i.e. food) in spite of the fact that he heard the recitation (of the Qur'an) by the Imam (in the prayer). Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you is having his meals, he should not hurry up till he is; satisfied even if the prayer has been started."

Source : Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Number 642

Adiva
10-26-2008, 10:33 AM

...O you who believe! do not devour your property among yourselves falsely, except that it be trading by your mutual consent; and do not kill your people; surely Allah is Merciful to you.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 4 ( An Nisa): Verse 29

Adiva
10-26-2008, 11:23 AM

A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know

Source:: Bukhari : Book 1 : Volume 2 : Hadith 11

Adiva
10-26-2008, 11:41 AM
As Salaam alekum (Peace be upon you)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Beware of suspicion (about others), as suspicion is the falsest talk, and do not spy upon each other, and do not listen to the evil talk of the people about others' affairs, and do not have enmity with one another, but be brothers. And none should ask for the hand of a girl who is already engaged to his (Muslim) brother, but one should wait till the first suitor marries her or leaves her."

Source::Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 74

Adiva
10-26-2008, 02:46 PM
jazakallah aysegulIv not read that before..will save it

aysegul
10-26-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adiva
jazakallah aysegulIv not read that before..will save it
:) Yes ı think so..

Adiva
10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
As salam alekum Peace be upon you)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 2

Adiva
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM

As salam alekum (Peace be upon you)

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:

The Prophet said, "I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this," putting his index and middle fingers together.

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 34

Adiva
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying: 'Allah loves so and so; O Gabriel, love him.' Gabriel would love him, and then Gabriel would make an announcement among the residents of the Heaven, 'Allah loves so-and-so, therefore, you should love him also.' So, all the residents of the Heavens would love him and then he is granted the pleasure of the people of the earth."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 66

Adiva
10-27-2008, 06:00 PM

As salam alekum (peace be upon you)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for the others' faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!")

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 90

seeker-of-light
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:

I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet (S.A.W) orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following:--

(1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),

(2) to follow funeral processions,

(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you" (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"),

(4) to return greetings,

(5) to help the oppressed,

(6) to accept invitations,

(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 625
is it ok to decline an invitation if the invitation is to something like a party? i have been invited to those and i dont really want to go to them@_@

brotherinfaith
10-28-2008, 10:46 PM
just be patient and god doesn't punish us for something we didn't do.so you have your way and they have theirs and that is a test for as we are all tested in many ways .
may allah give you patience and help you along your way to him and guide us all to what he loves and pleases him ameen

Adiva
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
is it ok to decline an invitation if the invitation is to something like a party? i have been invited to those and i dont really want to go to them@_@

Im sure we cant always attend every invitation. In those days it was invitations to eat together. Its always good practice to reply with a reason as thats polite

Adiva
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Narrated Anas:

If I had not heard the Prophet saying, "You should not long for death," I would have longed (for it).

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 90 :: Hadith 339

Adiva
10-30-2008, 06:09 PM

Narrated 'Aisha:

A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet (and when they were admitted) they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you)." I said (to them), "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "Haven't you heard what they said?" He said, "I said (to them), 'Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you).

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 84 :: Hadith 61

Adiva
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
As salam alekum (peace be upon you)

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle, the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him. And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 77 :: Hadith 593

Adiva
10-30-2008, 06:20 PM

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Allah puts an angel in charge of the uterus and the angel says, 'O Lord, (it is) semen! O Lord, (it is now ) a clot! O Lord, (it is now) a piece of flesh.' And then, if Allah wishes to complete its creation, the angel asks, 'O Lord, (will it be) a male or a female? A wretched (an evil doer) or a blessed (doer of good)? How much will his provisions be? What will his age be?' So all that is written while the creature is still in the mother's womb."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 77 :: Hadith 594

Adiva
10-30-2008, 06:27 PM

Narrated Abu Musa:

While we were with Allah's Apostle in a holy battle, we never went up a hill or reached its peak or went down a valley but raised our voices with Takbir. Allah's Apostle came close to us and said, "O people! Don't exert yourselves, for you do not call a deaf or an absent one, but you call the All-Listener, the All-Seer." The Prophet then said, "O 'Abdullah bin Qais! Shall I teach you a sentence which is from the treasures of Paradise? ( It is): 'La haula wala quwata illa billah. (There is neither might nor power except with Allah)."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 77 :: Hadith 607

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet (PBUH) used to start every thing from the right (for good things) whenever it was possible in all his affairs; for example: in washing, combing or wearing shoes.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Number 418

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:42 PM

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Prophet (PBUH) used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and geriatric old age, and seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge with You from the afflictions of life and death."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 378

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great

Source: The Holy Quran Al Baqra ( Chapter 2) Verse 255

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:55 PM

...And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way..

Source: The Holy Quran Al Baqra ( Chapter 2) Verse 186

Adiva
11-03-2008, 07:26 PM

O you who believe! spend (benevolently) of the good things that you earn and or what We have brought forth for you out of the earth, and do not aim at what is bad that you may spend (in alms) of it, while you would not take it yourselves unless you have its price lowered, and know that Allah is Self-sufficient, Praiseworthy. Shaitan threatens you with poverty and enjoins you to be niggardly, and Allah promises you forgiveness from Himself and abundance; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing

Source: The Holy Quran Al Baqra ( Chapter 2) Verse 267 & 268

Adiva
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 042, Number 7058

Adiva
11-04-2008, 06:54 PM

...And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out. And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 65: 02(Partial) &03

Adiva
11-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 032, Number 6214

Adiva
11-07-2008, 07:11 PM

Narrated Anas bin Malik

Whenever the Prophet (PBUH) went to the lavatory, he used to say: "Allahumma Inni a'udhu bika mina-lkhubthi Wal khaba'ith."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 334

Adiva
11-11-2008, 07:16 PM

If you give alms openly, it is well, and if you hide it and give it to the poor, it is better for you; and this will do away with some of your evil deeds; and Allah is aware of what you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Al Baqra ( Chapter 2) Verse 271

stad
11-14-2008, 05:23 PM
السلام عليكم
jazak allah kair

ummAbdillah
11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
:sl: Please remember to add a source for every hadeeth you post, Jazakumullahu khairan

Periwinkle18
11-15-2008, 05:56 PM
nice thread :) JazakAllah

fouzie
11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
This thread is really great sister, please keep it up,

Jazak Allah khair

Olive
11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Great thread, mashaAllah.

Keep up the excellent work. :)

Adiva
11-17-2008, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aisha
:sl: Please remember to add a source for every hadeeth you post, Jazakumullahu khairan
salaam sis..there is a source for every hadith

Adiva
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM

O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 5 ( Al Maeda) Verse 8

Adiva
11-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don't say: If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do and your" if" opens the (gate) for the Satan.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 033, Number 6441

Periwinkle18
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
JazakAllah sis :)

Adiva
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا لَا تُبْطِلُوا صَدَقَاتِكُمْ بِالْمَنِّ وَالْأَذَى كَالَّذِي يُنْفِقُ مَالَهُ رِئَاءَ النَّاسِ وَلَا يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآَخِرِ فَمَثَلُهُ كَمَثَلِ صَفْوَانٍ عَلَيْهِ تُرَابٌ فَأَصَابَهُ وَابِلٌ فَتَرَكَهُ صَلْدًا لَا يَقْدِرُونَ عَلَى شَيْءٍ مِمَّا كَسَبُوا وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ

O Believers, do not spoil your charity by taunts and injury to the recipients like the one who practises charity to be seen by men, while he neither believes in Allah nor in the Last Day. His charity may be likened to the rainfall on a rock which had only a thin layer of soil upon it. When heavy rain fell on it, the whole of the soil washed away and the rock was left bare Such people do not gain the reward they imagine they have earned by their seeming charity; Allah does not show the Right Way to the ungrateful.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter ( Al Baqra ) Verse 264

Adiva
11-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 035, Number 6471

Olive
11-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 035, Number 6471
Masha'Allah, amazing hadith. :D

:w:

Adiva
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 034, Number 6470

Adiva
11-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 2, Book 13, Number 8

Olive
11-26-2008, 08:31 AM

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Subhan'Allah! :thumbs_up

Najm
11-27-2008, 10:14 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah, that last Hadith is awesome :statisfie Keep the thread going!!

JazakAllah Khair

FiAmaaniAllah

Adiva
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM

Salim narrated on the authority of his father (Allah be pleased with him) that 'Umar b. al-Khattib (Allah be pleased with him) kissed (the Black Stone) and then said: By Allah, I know that you are a stone and if I were not to see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kissing you, I would not have kissed you. Harun said in his narration: A hadith like this has been transmitted to me by Zaid b. Aslam on the authority of his father Aslam.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 007, Number 2912

Adiva
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM

As salam alaikum. ( Peace Be Upon You)

Narrated Abu Huraira :

The Prophet said, "The saying 'Sub Han Allah' is for men and clapping is for women." (If something happens in the prayer, the men can invite the attention of the Imam by saying "Sub Han Allah". And women, by clapping their hands).

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 22, Number 295

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:13 PM

Sorry for my absense..but am back now. Just want to say your welcome to everyone who have sent lovely messages..

O you who believe! bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your Lord, and do good that you may succeed.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 22 ( Al Hajj) Verse 77

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
let me rephrase that..all those brothers and sisters that have shown appreciation for the hadeeth of the day thread...your welcome...and thank u for the lovely messages...that makes sense now..lol

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:16 PM
As salam alaikum, ( Peace Be Upon You)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Whoever slaughtered the sacrifice before the prayer, he just slaughtered it for himself, and whoever slaughtered it after the prayer, he slaughtered it at the right time and followed the tradition of the Muslims."

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 68, Number 454

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:19 PM
As salam alaikum ( Peace Be Upon you )

EID Mubarak

Narrated Al-Bara':

I heard the Prophet (p.b.u.h) delivering a Khutba saying, "The first thing to be done on this day (first day of 'Id ul Adha) is to pray; and after returning from the prayer we slaughter our sacrifices (in the name of Allah) and whoever does so, he acted according to our Sunna (traditions)."

Source : Sahih Bukhari ,Volume 2, Book 15, Number 71

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:20 PM

As salam alaikum ( Peace Be Upon You)

Narrated Abu Musa:

Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

Source : Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 10

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:21 PM

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire."

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 57

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:23 PM

Say to My servants who believe that they should keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them secretly and openly before the coming of the day in which there shall be no bartering nor mutual befriending.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 14 Verse 31

Adiva
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet spoke a sentence (said a thing), he used to repeat it thrice so that the people could understand it properly from him and whenever he asked permission to enter, (he knocked the door) thrice with greeting.

Source: Sahih BUkhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 95

12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Abu Hurayrah:

Rasulullah (saw) said: “The person who goes out in search of knowledge, Allah makes easy for him the path to Paradise.”
[Muslim]

Adiva
12-27-2008, 06:37 PM
:sl:As salaam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

O you who believe! Be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearer to piety, and he careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Aware of what you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 5 (Al Maeda) Verse 8

Adiva
12-27-2008, 06:40 PM

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

Source: Hadees Qudsi 6

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).

Adiva
12-27-2008, 06:45 PM

O you who believe! do not devour your property among yourselves falsely, except that it be trading by your mutual consent; and do not kill your people; surely Allah is Merciful to you.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 4 ( An Nisa) Verse 29

Adiva
12-27-2008, 06:46 PM

O you who believe! if an evil-doer comes to you with a report, look carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 49 (AL-HUJRAAT) Verse 6

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:09 PM

Ibn 'Abbas (RA) reported: "The Prophet (PBUH) came to Madinah and found the Jews fasting on the day of 'Ashurah. He said to them: 'What is this fast?' They said: 'A great day. Allah saved Moses and the tribes of Israel from their enemies on this day and therefore, Moses fasted on this day.' The Prophet (PBUH) said: 'We have more of a right to Moses than you,' so he fasted on that day also and ordered the people to fast on that day."

This is recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

PS: Please prepare yourself for fasting of 10 Moharram & try to fast on 5th & 6th Jan -09 or 6th & 7th Jan -09 so that we can gain full rewards & as per the traditions of our beloved prophet Sallalahu-alaihi-wassalam

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:11 PM

On the authority of son of Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

Source: Hadith Qudsi 16

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (RA):

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

Source: Sahi Bukari Book 1 Volume 2 Hadith 28

Najm
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM

Keep up the good work uhkti, * Subscribes* :D

FiAmaaniAllah

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM

When the Sky is cleft asunder;
When the Stars are scattered;
When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth;
And when the graves are laid open,
Every soul shall know what it has sent before and held back.
O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?-
Who created you, then made you complete, then made you symmetrical?
Into whatever form He pleased He constituted you.
Nay! But ye do reject Right and Judgment!
But verily over you (are appointed angels) to protect you,-
Kind and honourable,- Writing down (your deeds):
They know what you do.
As for the Righteous, they will be in bliss;
And the Wicked - they will be in the Fire,
Which they will enter on the Day of Judgment,
And they shall by no means be absent from it.
And what will make you realize what the day of judgment is?
Again, what will make you realize what the day of judgment Is?
(It will be) the Day when no soul shall have power (to do) aught for another: For the command, that Day, will be (wholly) with Allah.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 82 (AL-INFITAR)

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

Keep up the good work uhkti, * Subscribes* :D

FiAmaaniAllah

Insha allah..will try my best..lovely to see peoples response..

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM

'Abdullah reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Which sin is the gravest in the eye of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you associate a partner with Allah (despite the fact) that He has created you. He (the reporter) said: I told him (the, Holy Prophet): Verily it is indeed grave. He (the reporter) said: I asked him what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you kill your child out of fear that he shall join you in food. He (the reporter) said: I asked (him) what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Then (the next gravest sin) is that you commit adultery with the wife of your neighbour.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 001, Number 0156

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:18 PM

...O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 49: AL-HUJRAAT 049.011

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:19 PM

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says:
The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion.

Source: Hadees e Qudsi 9

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Abdullah bin Umar from Rasool-Allah (PBUH) , "For whoever the door of duaa opened, for him the doors of mercy are opened. Whatever duaa is asked from Allah the best duaa is for well-being and safety among them."

Source: Tirmizi, Abu Dawod, and Ibn-e-Majah

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:21 PM

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Holy Messenger Muhammad (may Allah bless and greet him) said, “Allah, the Exalted, says: I declare war against one who bears enmity towards a friend of Mine. When a servant of Mine comes closer to Me, with a thing which I love, out of things which I have prescribed; and he seeks My favour through Optional Prayers (Nawafil), I start loving him and when I love him, I become his ear with which he hears and his eyes with which he sees and his hand with which he grasps and his foot with which he walks, and when he requests Me for anything, I grant him and when he seeks protection, I give him protection.”

Source: Hadees Qudsi 25

Adiva
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM

As salam alekum (Peace be with you)

A person asked Allah's Apostle (PBUH) . "What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" He replied, "To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 27

sirajstc
01-20-2009, 04:06 AM
nice topic :)

Adiva
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle (PBUH) saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 506

Adiva
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When Allah created the creation as He was upon the Throne, He put down in His Book: Verily, My mercy predominates My wrath.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 037, Number 6626

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:12 AM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
As Salam Alaikum ( Peace Be Upon You)

The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Source : Sahih bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Jabir said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) cursed the accepter of interest and its payer, and one who records it, and the two witnesses, and he said: They are all equal.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 010, Number 3881

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
As salam alaikum ( Peace Be Upon You),

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "When the Adhan is pronounced Satan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhan. When the Adhan is completed he comes back and again takes to his heels when the Iqama is pronounced and after its completion he returns again till he whispers into the heart of the person (to divert his attention from his prayer) and makes him remember things which he does not recall to his mind before the prayer and that causes him to forget how much he has prayed."

Source: Volume 1, Book 11, Number 582

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Abu Huraira reported many ahadith from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and one is that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I am most close to Jesus (as) , son of Mary, among the whole of mankind in this worldly life and the next life. They said: Allah's Messenger how is it? Thereupon he said: Prophets are brothers in faith, having different mothers. Their religion is, however, one and there is no Apostle between us (between I and Jesus Christ).

Soure: Sahi Muslim Book 030, Number 5836

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:20 AM

O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 4 ( An Nisa) Verse 059

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) as saying: Three things follow the bier of a dead man. two of them come back and one is left with him: the members of his family. wealth and his-good deeds. The members of his family and wealth come back and the deeds alone are left with him.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 042, Number 7064

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Abu Huraira reported: One day the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) appeared before the public that a man came to him and said: Prophet of Allah, (tell me) what is Iman. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you affirm your faith in Allah, His angels, His Books, His meeting, His Messengers and that you affirm your faith in the Resurrection hereafter. He (again) said: Messenger of Allah, (tell me) what does al-Islam signify. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Al-Islam signifies that you worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him and you establish obligatory prayer and you pay the obligatory poor-rate (Zakat) and you observe the fast of Ramadan. He (the inquirer) again said: Messenger of Allah, what does al-Ihsan imply? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, and in case you fail to see Him, then observe prayer (with this idea in your mind) that (at least) He is seeing you. He (the inquirer ) again said: Messenger of Allah, when would there be the hour (of Doom)? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: The one who is asked about it is no better informed than the inquirer. I, however, narrate some of its signs (and these are): when the slave-girl will give birth to he master, when the naked, barefooted would become the chiefs of the people - these are some of the signs of (Doom). (Moreover) when the shepherds of the black (camels) would exult themselves in buildings, this is one of the signs of (Doom). (Doom) is one of the five (happenings wrapped in the unseen) which no one knows but Allah. Then he (the Messenger of Allah) recited (the verse):" Verily Allah! with Him alone is the knowledge of the hour and He it is Who sends (down the rain) and knows that which is in the wombs and no person knows whatsoever he shall earn tomorrow, and a person knows not in whatsoever land he shall die. Verily Allah is Knowing, Aware. He (the narrator, Abu Huraira) said: Then the person turned back and went away. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Bring that man back to me. They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet present there) went to bring him back, but they saw nothing there. Upon this the Messenger of Allah remarked: he was Gabriel, who came to teach the people their religion.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 001, Number 0004

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 008, Number 3468

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Those who devour interest become like the one whom Satan has bewitched and maddened by his touch. They have been condemned to this condition because they say, "Trade is just like interest”, whereas Allah has made trade lawful and interest unlawfu1. Henceforth, if one abstains from taking interest after receiving this admonition from his Lord, no legal action will be taken against him regarding the interest he had devoured before; his case shall ultimately go to Allah. But if one repeats the same crime after this, he shall go to Hell, where he shall abide for ever.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 275.

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Narrated Abu Bakra:

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said thrice, "Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the great sins?" We said, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah: to be undutiful to one's parents." The Prophet (SAW) sat up after he had been reclining and added, "And I warn you against giving forged statement and a false witness; I warn you against giving a forged statement and a false witness." The Prophet (SAW) kept on saying that warning till we thought that he would not stop

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 7

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM

O you who believe! Be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearer to piety, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Aware of what you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 5 ( Al Maeda) Verse : 8

Adiva
02-01-2009, 11:35 AM

Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib:

When Allah's Apostle (PBUH) went to bed, he used to sleep on his right side and then say, "All-ahumma aslamtu nafsi ilaika, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilaika, wa fauwadtu Amri ilaika, wa alja'tu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika. La Malja'a wa la manja minka illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabika al-ladhi anzalta wa nabiyyika al-ladhi arsalta! Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "Whoever recites these words (before going to bed) and dies the same night, he will die on the Islamic religion (as a Muslim)."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 327

Adiva
02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
As Salam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir:

I heard Allah's Apostle (PBUH) saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 49

AnonyMouse~
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
jazakAllah khair!

Adiva
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
As saalaam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, Who, when a misfortune befalls them, say: Surely we are Allah's and to Him we shall surely return. Such are they on whom are blessings from their Lord, and mercy. Such are the rightly guided.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 155 - 157

Adiva
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM

There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 2 ( Al Baqra) Verse 256

Adiva
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Beautified for mankind is love of the joys (that come) from women and offspring; and stored-up heaps of gold and silver, and horses branded (with their mark), and cattle and land. That is comfort of the life of the world. Allah! With Him is a more excellent abode. Say: 'Shall I tell you of things better than these? For the God-fearing there are, with their Lord, gardens beneath which rivers flow; there they will abide for ever, will have spouses of stainless purity as companions, and will enjoy the good pleasure of Allah.' Allah thoroughly observes His servants.

Source: The Holy Quran Chaptrer 3 ( Al Imran) Verse 14 - 15

Adiva
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM

A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that a man came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, my mother died all of a sudden without making any will. I think if (she could have the opportunity) to speak she would have made a Sadaqa. Would there be any reward for her if I give charity on her behalf? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Yes.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 013, Number 4003

Adiva
02-10-2009, 06:12 PM

For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 33 ( Al Ahzab) Verse 35

sirajstc
02-12-2009, 04:08 AM
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “We do not think that there is anything better for those who love one another than marriage.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1847; classed as saheeh by al-Busayri and by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 624)

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported: While we were with the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) on a journey, a person came upon his mount and began to stare on the right and on the left, (it was at this moment) that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who has an extra mount should give that to one who has no mount for him, and he who has surplus of provisions should give them to him who has no provisions, and he made mention of so many kinds of wealth until we were of the opinion that none of us has any right over the surplus.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 018, Number 4290

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
As Salam alekum (Peace be upon you)

..This worldly life has been made very charming and alluring for those who have adopted the way of disbelief. So they mock at those who have adopted the way of belief ,but (they forget that) the pious people will rank above them on the Day of Resurrection. As to the wordly provisions, Allah has full authority and power to bestow these without measure on anyone He wills.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 2 AL-BAQARA (THE COW): 212

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Narrated Asma (RA):

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "Give (in charity) and do not give reluctantly lest Allah should give you in a limited amount; and do not withhold your money lest Allah should withhold it from you."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 47, Number 764

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:29 PM

O ye who believe! Let not your riches or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. If any act thus, the loss is their own and spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death should come to any of you and he should say, "O my Lord! why didst Thou not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good". But to no soul will Allah grant respite when the time appointed (for it) has come; and Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye of what you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 63 ( Al AL-MUNAFIQOON ) Verse 9-11

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:29 PM
As salamalaikum ( Peace Be Upon You)

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle (Peace Be Upon Him )said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):

1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.

3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .

4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)

5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:31 PM

And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. And be humble and tender to them and say: 'Lord! Show mercy to them as they nurtured me when I was small.' Your Lord is best aware of what is in your hearts. If you are righteous, He will indeed forgive those who repent and revert (to serving Allah).

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 17 ( Al Isra) Verse 23-25

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:34 PM
"As salam alaikum ( Peace be upon you )

Narrated Abu Musa:

Some people asked Allah's Apostle( Peace Be Upon Him) , "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 10

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
As salamalaikum ( Peace Be Upon You),

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Allah's Apostle (Peace Be Upon Him) told us a long narrative about Ad-Dajjal, and among the many things he mentioned, was his saying, "Ad-Dajjal will come and it will be forbidden for him to pass through the entrances of Medina. He will land in some of the salty barren areas (outside) Medina; on that day the best man or one of the best men will come up to him and say, 'I testify that you are the same Dajjal whose description was given to us by Allah's Apostle .' Ad-Dajjal will say to the people, 'If I kill this man and bring him back to life again, will you doubt my claim?' They will say, 'No.' Then Ad-Dajjal will kill that man and bring him back to life. That man will say, 'Now I know your reality better than before.' Ad-Dajjal will say, 'I want to kill him but I cannot.' "

Source: Sahih Bukhari :Volume 3, Book 30, Number 106.

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:36 PM

A person asked Allah's Apostle . "What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" He replied, "To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 27

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:37 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When one of you makes a supplication (to his Lord) one should not say: O Allah, grant me pardon, if Thou so likest, but one should beg one's (Lord) with a will and full devotion, for there is nothing so great in the eye of Allah which He cannot grant.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 035, Number 6478

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
As salamalaikum (Peace Be Upon You)

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet ( Peace Be Upon Him ) spoke a sentence (said a thing), he used to repeat it thrice so that the people could understand it properly from him and whenever he asked permission to enter, (he knocked the door) thrice with greeting.

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 95

sirajstc
03-01-2009, 02:02 PM

:):statisfie:statisfie

Adiva
03-07-2009, 09:54 AM

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:
The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

Source: Hadith Qudsi 20

Adiva
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin (RA):

The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: By his good character a believer will attain the degree of one who prays during the night and fasts during the day

Source: Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 41, Number 4780

Adiva
03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
[As salaam alekum ( Peace be upon you)

The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife.

Source: Abu Dawud/SIZE]

Adiva
03-07-2009, 09:57 AM

The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife.

sirajstc
03-08-2009, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Abu Hurayrah:

Rasulullah (saw) said: “The person who goes out in search of knowledge, Allah makes easy for him the path to Paradise.”
[Muslim]

Ameen:sl::awesome:

sirajstc
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
jaza kalla adiva sister keep posting most important for all :)

sirajstc
03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu to all dear respected brothers and sisters,

rasulullah sallalahualaihi wasallam says in a hadith to the nearest meaning that "whosoever recites durood shareef 80 times on the day of jummah after asr salaah without getting up from their place gets a reward for 80 years of good deeds"

who would want to let that go, we commit so many sins in our everyday life so this is our chance to do something good, remember alllah (s.w.t) is the most forgiving so insha'allah if we repent we will be forgiven. also allah (s.w.t) is looking for an excuse to forgive us all and to enter us in jannah. so it will be very benificial for us all to recite durood 80times after asr salaah without getting up from our prayer mats.

may allah (s.w.t) forgive and pardon for all our sins that we have commited, may he guide us all towards the right path.

may allah (s.w.t) grant us all the tawfeeq to act upon his deen.

ameen

NIKKY
03-21-2009, 12:25 PM
'Shall I not inform you of a better act than fasting, alms, and prayers? Making peace between one another: enmity and malice tear up heavenly rewards by the roots. '

saying of Proohet Mohammed{peace be upon Him}

sirajstc
03-27-2009, 09:45 AM
jaza kalla keep posting :)

sirajstc
03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
salaams everyone just a quick recap on the hadih for friday:

rasululah salallahu alahi wasallam says in a hadith to the nearest meaning " whosoever recites durood shariff 80 times after asr salaah without getting up from ones place on the day of jummah, then 80years of good deeds shall be written down for the person who does this".

may allah (s.w.t) give us all the tawfeeq to act upon what has been read.

ameen

saba muslimah
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
salaams everyone just a quick recap on the hadih for friday:

rasululah salallahu alahi wasallam says in a hadith to the nearest meaning " whosoever recites durood shariff 80 times after asr salaah without getting up from ones place on the day of jummah, then 80years of good deeds shall be written down for the person who does this".

may allah (s.w.t) give us all the tawfeeq to act upon what has been read.

ameen
InshaAllah i will read..
JAZAKALLAH Brother
:)

sirajstc
03-31-2009, 04:22 AM
Remember me in Ur Prayers :)

Najm
04-05-2009, 06:41 AM

Alhamdulillah, Excellent thread!

FiAmaaniAllah

sirajstc
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM

saba muslimah
04-06-2009, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc

Soooper Flower.. with the Hadiths
Lovely...:smile:
JazakAllah

sirajstc
04-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Baraka Allah fee sister :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said:

“A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection…” [Bukhari and Muslim].

:statisfie:statisfie

sirajstc
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
In another Hadith, Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sa) said:

“He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and he who finds relief for a hard-pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection; he who covers up (the faults and sins) of a Muslim, Allah will cover up (his faults and sins) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother…” [Muslim]

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Salaam.. I just want to say jazakhalla to my brther Sirajstcfor posting these lovely hadeeth in my absence..plz continue..

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:06 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira [ra]:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever takes the money of the people with the intention of repaying it, Allah will repay it on his behalf, and whoever takes it in order to spoil it, then Allah will spoil him."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 41, Number 572

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:08 PM
As salam alaikum ( Peace Be Upon You).

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle ( PBUH) becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Source: Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 15

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:09 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira [RA]:

Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "When the Imam says: 'Ghair-il-Maghdubi 'Alaihim Walad-Dallin (i.e. not the path of those who earn Your Anger, nor the path of those who went astray (1.7)), then you must say, 'Ameen', for if one's utterance of 'Ameen' coincides with that of the angels, then his past sins will be forgiven."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 2

Jazakallah Khair

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:11 PM

Narrated Sa'd bin Ubaid [ra]:

(the Maula of 'Abdur-Rahman bin Azhar) Allah's Apostle ( PBUH) said, "None of you should long for death, for if he is a good man, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil-doer, he may stop the evil deeds and repent."

Source: Sahi Bukhai Volume 9, Book 90, Number 341

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:11 PM

O ye who believe! Truly, among your wives and your children are (some that are) enemies to yourselves: so beware of them! But if ye forgive and overlook, and cover up (their faults), verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Your riches and your children may be but a trial: but in the Presence of Allah, is the highest, Reward. So fear Allah as much as ye can; listen and obey and spend in charity for the benefit of your own soul and those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 64 ( At Taghabun) Verse : 14 - 16

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:13 PM

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "A time will come when one will not care how one gains one's money, legally or illegally."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 275

Adiva
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM

Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 039, Number 6755

saba muslimah
04-18-2009, 04:08 AM

Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "When the Imam says: 'Ghair-il-Maghdubi 'Alaihim Walad-Dallin then you must say, 'Ameen',

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 2

Jazakallah Khair
Aaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenn SumaAaameeeeeeeeen
ALLahuma Aameeeen...!!!

thnx to share these nice n precious Hadiths :)
JazakAllah Sister

3isha
04-19-2009, 03:51 PM
:D

excellent thread,

we can all have the entheusiasm of reading it, but May Allah give us the ability to act upon it

sirajstc
04-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Salaam.. I just want to say jazakhalla to my brther Sirajstcfor posting these lovely hadeeth in my absence..plz continue..
baraka Allah feek sister its ok remember me in ur duas:statisfie:statisfie

sirajstc
04-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Abu Umama (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Rasulullah (pbuh) said: "Read Quran because on the Day of Judgement the Quran will intercede for its reader. (Muslim)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abdullah Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Rasulullah (pbuh) said: "We shouldnt be jealous of anyone except two;
1. A person to whom Allah has gifted the glorious Quran and he recites it day and night.
2. A person to whom Allah has given abundance of wealth and he spends them in the way of Allah. (bukhari and muslim)

Fi amanillah.

Ali_008
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Sahih Bukhari Collection, Volume 9, Book 93, Hadith 556

Narrated Anas (RadhiAllahu Anhu) : Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings of Allah be upom him) said "Whenever anyone of you invoke Allah for something, he should be firm in his asking, and he should not say: If You wish, give me... for none can compel Allah to do something against His Will."

Ali_008
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Narrated Al-Bara (RadhiAllahu Anhu):

We, the Companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to say that the number of the warriors of Badr was the same as the number of Saul's companions who crossed the river (of Jordan) with him, and none crossed the river with him but a believer, and the were over three-hundred-and-ten men.

[Bukhari: | Book 59 | No. 295]

NIKKY
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Abu Hurairah ra said that Rasulullah saw said : "Beware ofsuspicion, for suspicion is the greatest falsehood. Do not try to find fault with each other, do not spy on one another, do not vie with one another, do not envy one another, do not be angry with one another, do not turn away from one another, and be servants of Allah, brothers to one another, as you have been enjoined. A Muslim is the brother of a muslim, he does him no wrong, nor does he let him down, nor does he despise him. Fear of God is here, fear of God is here, and he pointed to his chest. It is evil enough that a Muslim should look down on his brother. For every muslim is sacred to one another : his blood, his honour, and his property. Allah does not look at your bodies or your forms, or your deeds, but He looks at your hearts". ( Bukhari, Muslim)

A.M.H.
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
On the authority of Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ashari said that the messenger of Allah said:

"Purity is half of faith. alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scales, and subhana-Allah [How far is Allah from every imperfection] and alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fill that which is between heaven and earth. Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin."

related by Muslim.

A.M.H.
05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
On the authority of Ibn Abbas that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Were people to be given in accordance with their claim, men would claim the fortunes and lives of [other] people, but the onus of proof is on the claimant, and the taking of an oath is incumbent upon him who denies."

a fine hadith related by Al-Baihaqi and others

egyptballer
05-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Characteristics of Prayer 25th Jumada al-Awwal 1430 (20th May 2009)

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

Some poor people came to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and
said, "The wealthy people will get higher grades and will have permanent
enjoyment and they pray like us and fast as we do. They have more money by
which they perform the Hajj, and 'Umra; fight and struggle in Allah's Cause
and give in charity." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said,
"Shall I not tell you a thing upon which if you acted you would catch up
with those who have surpassed you? Nobody would overtake you and you would
be better than the people amongst whom you live except those who would do
the same. Say "Sub-han-al-lah", "Alhamdu-lillah" and "Allahu Akbar" thirty
three times each after every (compulsory) prayer." We differed and some of
us said that we should say, "Subhan-al-lah" thirty three times and "Alhamdu
lillah" thirty three times and "Allahu Akbar" thirty four times. I went to
the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) who said, "Say, "Subhan-al-lah"
and "Alhamdu lillah" and "Allahu Akbar" all together for thirty three
times."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 804

A.M.H.
05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
On authority of Sufian bin Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam which I can ask of no one but you". He said:" Say:'I believe in Allah', and thereafter be upright."

related by Muslim.

Banu_Hashim
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Abu Hurayrah (RA) said: 'Allah's Messenger (SAWS) never complained about food. If he liked something he ate it, and if he didn't like it he left it alone' (Muslim)

Banu_Hashim
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
The Prophet (SAWS) said: 'Wealth does not come from having great riches; (true) wealth is contentment of the soul'. (Bukhari, Muslim)

egyptballer
05-20-2009, 08:07 PM

Characteristics of Prayer 25th Jumada al-Awwal 1430 (20th May 2009)

Some poor people came to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and
said, "The wealthy people will get higher grades and will have permanent
enjoyment and they pray like us and fast as we do. They have more money by
which they perform the Hajj, and 'Umra; fight and struggle in Allah's Cause
and give in charity." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said,
"Shall I not tell you a thing upon which if you acted you would catch up
with those who have surpassed you? Nobody would overtake you and you would
be better than the people amongst whom you live except those who would do
the same. Say "Sub-han-al-lah", "Alhamdu-lillah" and "Allahu Akbar" thirty
three times each after every (compulsory) prayer." We differed and some of
us said that we should say, "Subhan-al-lah" thirty three times and "Alhamdu
lillah" thirty three times and "Allahu Akbar" thirty four times. I went to
the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) who said, "Say, "Subhan-al-lah"
and "Alhamdu lillah" and "Allahu Akbar" all together for thirty three
times."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 804

Banu_Hashim
05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
3 Ahadith on 'Treatment of Children' for today :)

*Allah's Messenger (SAWS) once kissed his grandson Hasan while a man name al-Aqra' ibn Habis al-Tamimi was sitting beside him. The man said, 'I have ten children and I have never kissed any of them.' The Prophet (SAWS) looked at him (sadly) and said, 'Whoever does not show mercy will not be shown mercy'. (Bukhari)

*The Prophet (SAWS) said: 'If anyone separates a mother from her child, Allah will separate him from those he loves on the Day of Resurrection'. (Tirmidhi, Darimi)

*The Prophet (SAWS) said: 'There is no better gift a parent can give his child than good manners'. (Tirmidhi)

A.M.H.
05-21-2009, 04:54 PM
On the authority of Abdullah bin Masud, who said : the messenger of Allah, and he is the truthful, the believed narrated to us :

"Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother's belly for forty days in the form of seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether happy or unhappy. By Allah, other than Whom there is no god, verily one of you behaves like the people of Paradise until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Hell-fire and thus he enters it; and one of you behaves like the people of Hell-fire until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Paradise and thus he enters it."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

egyptballer
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM

Characteristics of Prayer 26th Jumada al-Awwal 1430 (21st May 2009)

Narrated Samura bin Jundab (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) used to face us on completion of
the prayer.

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 806

A.M.H.
05-21-2009, 07:40 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : a man said to the prophet : "Counsel me". He said : " Do not become angry". The man repeated [his request] several times, and he said: "Do not become angry ".

narrated by Bukhari

Banu_Hashim
05-22-2009, 04:56 PM
The Prophet (SAWS) said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male and female)'. (Ibn Majah, Bayhaqi)

A.M.H.
05-22-2009, 05:27 PM
On the authority of Abu Saeed Al-Khurdari, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

"Whosoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart; and that is the weakest of faith."

related by Muslim.

egyptballer
05-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Characteristics of Prayer 27th Jumada al-Awwal 1430 (22nd May 2009)

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) led us in the Fajr prayer at
Hudaibiya after a rainy night. On completion of the prayer, he faced the
people and said, "Do you know what your Lord has said (revealed)?" The
people replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "Allah has
said, 'In this morning some of my slaves remained as true believers and
some became non-believers; whoever said that the rain was due to the
Blessings and the Mercy of Allah had belief in Me and he disbelieves in the
stars, and whoever said that it rained because of a particular star had no
belief in Me but believes in that star.' "

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 807

Banu_Hashim
05-23-2009, 04:22 AM
The Prophet (SAWS) said: 'Someone who is in the habit of reciting the Qur'an will be told (on the Day of Judgement), 'Keep on reciting, and rising higher (in Paradise)! Recite as beautifully as you used to during your life time, for your station will be where the last verse of your recitation ends'. (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi)

A.M.H.
05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its."

related by Al-Tirmithi,

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 02:06 AM

Characteristics of Prayer 28th Jumada al-Awwal 1430 (23rd May 2009)

Narrated Anas bin Malik (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

Once the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) delayed the 'Isha' prayer
until midnight and then came to us. Having prayed he faced us and said,
"The people had prayed and slept but you were in the prayer as long as you
were waiting for it."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 808

Faith.
05-24-2009, 05:36 PM

The Prophet (Saw) said: The most genuine dreams are seen just before dawn (the time of sehri).

related by Al-Tirmithi

A.M.H.
05-24-2009, 06:43 PM
On the authority of Abu Najih Al-Erbadh bin Sariah, who said :

The messenger of Allah gave us a sermon by which our hearts were filled with fear and tears came to our eyes. We said: "O Messenger of Allah, it is as though this is a farewell sermon, so councel us." He said: "I councel you to fear Allah and to give absolute obedience even if a slave becomes your leader. Verily he among you who lives [long] will see great controversy, so you must keep to my sunnah and to the sunnah of the rightly-guided Khalifahs - cling to them stubbornly. Beware of newly invented matters, for every invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray, and every going astray is in Hell-fire."

related by Abu Dawud and Al-Tirmithi,

egyptballer
05-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Characteristics of Prayer 1st Jumada al-Thani 1430 (25th May 2009)

Narrated 'Abdullah (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

You should not give away a part of your prayer to Satan by thinking that it
is necessary to depart (after finishing the prayer) from one's right side
only; I have seen the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) often leave
from the left side.

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 811

A.M.H.
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying : "Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."

narrated by Termithi and Nasaee,

egyptballer
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
as-salamu alaikum,

as-salamu alaikum,

Book 41, Number 4885:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Avoid envy, for envy devours good deeds just as fire devours fuel or (he said) "grass."

one definition of envy: the resentful or unhappy feeling of wanting somebody else's
success, good fortune, qualities, or possessions.

May Allah (swt) protect us from this type of envy. Ameen.
as-salamu alaikum.

A.M.H.
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
On the authority of Abdullah bin Omar, who said: The messenger of Allah took me by the shoulder and said: "Be in the world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer."p The son of Omar used to say: "At evening do not expect [to live till] morning, and at morning do not expect [to live till] evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death."

related by Bukhari

egyptballer
05-28-2009, 07:36 PM

Characteristics of Prayer 4th Jumada al-Thani 1430 (28th May 2009)

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "If your women ask permission to go to the mosque at night, allow them."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 824

A.M.H.
06-02-2009, 06:21 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: The messenger of Allah said :

"Each person's every joint must perform a charity every day the sun comes up : to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoistingd up his belongings onto it is a charity: a good word is a charity, every step you take to prayers is a charity and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity."

related by Bukhari and Muslim.

egyptballer
06-03-2009, 07:48 PM

Friday Prayer 10th Jumada al-Thani 1430 (3rd June 2009)

Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "If I had not found it
hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean
their teeth with Siwak for every prayer."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 12

A.M.H.
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM
On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying : "Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."

narrated by Termithi and Nasaee,

egyptballer
06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
as-salamu alaikum,

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (saw) saying, "When Allah created the creatures, He wrote in the Book, which is with Him over His Throne: `Verily, My Mercy prevailed over My Wrath"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

O Allah, be mericful to the Ummah of Muhammad (saw), forgive our sins and guide us to true path of Islam and help us to find a way out of our present situation. Ameen.
as-salamu alaikum.

A.M.H.
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says:

The fist of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad).

egyptballer
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Compassion and Mercy #6

Assalamu Alaykum,

Here is another example of the importance of being compassionate and merciful, even if it is towards animals. Bukhari and Muslim report from Ibn 'Umar that the Prophet (pbuh) said:

"A woman was punished because she locked up a a cat until it died of starvation. She was sent to hell cause of this. It was said - and Allah knows best - 'You did not feed her [the cat] or give her water when you locked her up, neither did you let her roam free so that she could eat of the vermin (small animals and insects) of the earth'"

A.M.H.
06-16-2009, 04:41 PM
On the authority of Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah, and Muadh bin Jabal that the messenger of Allah said :

"Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people."

Tirmithi

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:10 PM

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah will order those who have had faith equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but (by then) they will be blackened (charred). Then they will be put in the river of Haya' (rain) or Hayat (life) (the Narrator is in doubt as to which is the right term), and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flood channel. Don't you see that it comes out yellow and twisted"

source: Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 21

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:12 PM

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." They (the people!) asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What are they?" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to practice sorcery; to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law); to eat up usury (Riba), to eat up the property of an orphan; to give one's back to the enemy and freeing from the battle-field at the time of fighting and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 840

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:12 PM

Abu Hurairah [ra] and Ibn 'Umar [ra] report that they heard the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam say: "Those who are not attending the Friday salah should change their ways; otherwise, Allah, the Exalted, will seal their hearts and they will be reckoned the heedless."

Source: Muslim, and by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i from ibn 'Umar and ibn 'Abba

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd [ra]:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise."

Source: Sahi Volume 8, Book 82, Number 799

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Abu Hurayra [RA] reported:

The Messenger of Allah, (PBUH), said, "Anyone who calls people to guidance has the same reward as that received by those who follow it, without that decreasing their reward in any way.. Anyone who calls people to misguidance, is attributed with wrong actions the same as those who follow it, without that decreasing their wrong actions in any way."

Source: Sahi Muslim

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Book 008, Number 3468

Adiva

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as having said this: A person should not enter into a transaction when his brother (had already entered into but not finalised), and he should not make proposal of marriage upon the proposal already made by his brother, until he permits it.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Book 008, Number 3287

Adiva

Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things, Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving…

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 67 ( Al Mulk) Verse 1 - 2

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar [RA]:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Make a mention of the virtues of your dead, and refrain from (mentioning) their evils.

Source: Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 41, Number 4882:

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM

Narrated AbudDarda(ra)':

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is nothing heavier than good character put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Resurrection.

Source: Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book Book 41, Number 4781

Adiva
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM

O Believers, let your possessions and your offspring not make you negligent of Allah's remembrance.For whoso does that, they will be the losers. And spend of what Allah has granted you by way of sustenance before death should come to any of you and he should say: “Lord, why did You not defer my return for a while so that I might give alms and be among the righteous?” But when a person's term comes to an end, Allah never grants any respite. Allah is well aware of all that you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 63 (AL-MUNAFIQOON) Verse 9 - 11

A.M.H.
06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me: "Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

narrated by Termithi, who said it is true and fine hadith

Yanal
06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Lol I thought this was
hadeeth of the day
but there are more then one posted in each day...

MSN
06-16-2009, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Lol I thought this was but there are more then one posted in each day...
The topic should be changed to "Hadeeth of the hour/minute"
lol.Ofcourse i don't mind but the topic can be misleading...

A.M.H.
06-18-2009, 01:33 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : a man said to the prophet : "Counsel me". He said : " Do not become angry". The man repeated [his request] several times, and he said: "Do not become angry ".

narrated by Bukhari

Muhseen
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks brothers and sisters in Islam. I very much like this thread. . .its very educative.:thumbs_up

A.M.H.
06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
On the authority of Anas bin Malik, the servant of the messenger of Allah, that the prophet said :

"None of you [truely] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

A.M.H.
06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
When the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) sighted the moon of Rajab (two months before Ramadan) he used to pray to Allah in the following words:

اَللّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِى رَجَبَ وَ شَعْبَانَ وَ بَلِّغْنَا رَمَضَان

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha'ban wa ballighna Ramadan

O Allah! Make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadan (i.e. prolong our life up to Ramadan, so that we may benefit from its merits and blessings)
[Narrated by at-Tabarani and Ahmad]

A.M.H.
06-26-2009, 10:27 AM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Pride is my cloak and greatness My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them I shall cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Abu Dawud (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad) with sound chains of authority. This Hadith also appears in Muslim in another version.

egyptballer
06-27-2009, 02:42 AM
as-salamu alaikum

taken from Qur'an Surah Al-Imran (the family of Imran) 3:19

The Religion with Allah is Islam
Allah said,

[إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسْلَـمُ]

Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.
Allah states that there is no religion accepted with Him from any person, except Islam. Islam includes obeying all of the Messengers until Muhammad who finalized their commission, thus closing all paths to Allah except through Muhammad . Therefore, after Allah sent Muhammad , whoever meets Allah following a path other than Muhammad's, it will not be accepted of him. In another Ayah, Allah said,

[وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلَـمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ]

(And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him) [3:85].
In Ayah [3:19], Allah said, asserting that the only religion accepted with Him is Islam.
taken from www.tafsir.com (tafsir ibn kathir)

Najm
06-27-2009, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A.M.H.
On the authority of Anas bin Malik, the servant of the messenger of Allah, that the prophet said :

"None of you [truely] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

SubhaanAllah!! I love this hadith! :statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

egyptballer
06-30-2009, 02:03 AM

Shortening the Prayers (At-Taqseer) 7th Rajab 1430 (30th June 2009)

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "A woman should not travel
for more than three days except with a Dhi-Mahram (i.e. a male with whom
she cannot marry at all, e.g. her brother, father, grandfather, etc.) or
her own husband.)"

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 192

--
Ma'asalaam

Muslim Woman
06-30-2009, 08:08 AM

Hadith Of The Day

If anyone helps the oppressed to get them their rights, then on the day of resurrection Allah will keep them steady on the bridge to paradise.

(Bukhari, Muslim & Tirmizi)

http://theislampath.com/smf/

Erundur
07-01-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A.M.H.
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Pride is my cloak and greatness My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them I shall cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Abu Dawud (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad) with sound chains of authority. This Hadith also appears in Muslim in another version.

salam bro nice hadith but for your sig by anychance do you have the transliteration of it? my arabic is almost non-existent:-[

jazak

A.M.H.
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
but for your sig by anychance do you have the transliteration of it?

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha'ban wa ballighna Ramadan

O Allah! Make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadan (i.e. prolong our life up to Ramadan, so that we may benefit from its merits and blessings)

On the authority of Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah, and Muadh bin Jabal that the messenger of Allah said :

"Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people."

Tirmithi narrated

Muslim Woman
07-02-2009, 08:34 AM

He is not one of us [i.e. Muslim] who does not show compassion to the young and respect to the old. (Tirmizi)

courtesy: http://theislampath.com/smf/index.php

Muslim Woman
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM

Refrain of holding bad opinions of others (Tabarani)

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.php

A.M.H.
07-07-2009, 10:48 AM

The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Muslim Woman
07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Salaam/Peace

Keep away form jealousy for jealousy eats away piety the same way fire devours wood. (Abu Dawood)

A.M.H.
07-11-2009, 05:57 PM
On the authority of Abu Najih Al-Erbadh bin Sariah, who said :

The messenger of Allah gave us a sermon by which our hearts were filled with fear and tears came to our eyes. We said: "O Messenger of Allah, it is as though this is a farewell sermon, so councel us." He said: "I councel you to fear Allah and to give absolute obedience even if a slave becomes your leader. Verily he among you who lives [long] will see great controversy, so you must keep to my sunnah and to the sunnah of the rightly-guided Khalifahs - cling to them stubbornly. Beware of newly invented matters, for every invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray, and every going astray is in Hell-fire."

related by Abu Dawud and Al-Tirmithi

egyptballer
07-12-2009, 02:57 AM

Prayer at Night (Tahajjud) 17th Rajab 1430 (10th July 2009)

Narrated 'Abdullah (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

A person was mentioned before the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam)
and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got
up for the prayer. The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Satan
urinated in his ears."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 245

A.M.H.
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind."

egyptballer
07-13-2009, 01:09 AM

Prayer at Night (Tahajjud) 20th Rajab 1430 (13th July 2009)

Once the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) entered the Mosque and saw
a rope hanging in between its two pillars. He said, "What is this rope?"
The people said, "This rope is for Zainab who, when she feels tired, holds
it (to keep standing for the prayer.)" The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said, "Don't use it. Remove the rope. You should pray as long as
you feel active, and when you get tired, sit down."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 251

A.M.H.
07-14-2009, 10:23 AM

On the authority of Muadh bin Jabal, who said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me of an act which will take me into Paradise and will keep me away from Hell fire." He said: "You have asked me about a major matter, yet it is easy for him for whom Allah Almighty makes it easy. You should worship Allah, associating nothing with Him, you should perform the prayers, you should pay the zakat, you should fast in Ramadan, and you should make the pilgrimage to the House." Then he said:" Shall I not show you the gates of goodness ? Fasting [which] is a shield, charity [which] extigueshes sin as water extebgueshes fire; and the praying of a man in the deapth of night." Then he recited : "Who forsake their beds to cry unto their Lord in fear and hope, and spend of that We have bestowed on them. No soul knoweth what is kept hid for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do". (quran, verse) Then he said: " Shall I not tell you of the peak of the matter, its pillar, and its topmost part?" I said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The peak of the matter is Islam; the pillar is prayer; and its topmost part is jihad." Then he said: "Shall I not tell you of the controling of all that ?" I said:"Yes, O Messenger of Allah", and he took hold of his tongue and said: "Restrain this." I said: "O Prophet of Allah, will what we say be held against us ?" He said: "May your mother be bereaved of you, Muadh ! Is there anything that topples people on their faces - or he said on their noses into Hell-fire other than the jests of their tongues ?"

related by Al-Tirmithi,

:thumbs_up

Adiva
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Abu Musa [ra] reported:
Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) sent me and Mu'adh b. Jabal to Yemen. I said: Allah's Messenger, there is prepared in our land a wine out of barley which is known as Mizr (beer of our times) and a wine from honey which is known as Bit, (are these also forbidden? ), whereupon he said: Every intoxicant is forbidden.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 023, Number 4959

Adiva
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, e.g. a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him."

Source: Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no 1376

Adiva
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri [ RA] :

Some Ansari persons asked for (something) from Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) and he gave them. They again asked him for (something) and he again gave them. And then they asked him and he gave them again till all that was with him finished. And then he said "If I had anything. I would not keep it away from you. (Remember) Whoever abstains from asking others, Allah will make him contented, and whoever tries to make himself self-sufficient, Allah will make him self-sufficient. And whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and greater than patience."

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 548

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM

Narrated Hudhaifa [ra]:

Whenever the Prophet (PBUH) intended to go to bed, he would recite: "Bismika Allahumma amutu wa ahya (With Your name, O Allah, I die and I live)." And when he woke up from his sleep, he would say: "Al-hamdu lil-lahil-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana; wa ilaihi an-nushur (All the Praises are for Allah Who has made us alive after He made us die (sleep) and unto Him is the Resurrection). "

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 336

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Said ibn al-Musayyab that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who eats this plant should not come near our mosques. The smell of the garlic will offend us."

Source: Malik's Muwatta, Book 1: Number 1.8.30:

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:03 PM

The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! The rich people have got the highest degrees of prestige and the permanent pleasures (in this life and the life to come in the Hereafter)." He said, "How is that?" They said, "The rich pray as we pray, and strive in Allah's Cause as we do, and spend from their surplus wealth in charity, while we have no wealth (to spend likewise)." He said, "Shall I not tell you a thing, by doing which, you will catch up with those who are ahead of you and supersede those who will come after you; and nobody will be able to do such a good deed as you do except the one who does the same (deed as you do). That deed is to recite 'Subhan Allah ten times, and 'Al-Hamdulillah ten times, and 'AllahuAkbar' ten times after every prayer."

Source: Sahi Volume 8, Book 75, Number 341

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM

We did not reveal the Qur'an to you to cause you distress; it is only a reminder for him who fears Allah; a revelation from Him Who created the earth and the high heavens. The Most Compassionate Lord is settled on the Throne (of the Universe). To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and all that is in between, and all that is beneath the soil. Whether you speak out aloud (or in a low voice), He knows what is said secretly, and even that which is most hidden. Allah - there is no god but He. His are the most excellent names.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 20 ( Ta – Ha) Verse 2 - 8

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Your Lord has decreed: (i) Do not worship any but Him; (ii) Be good to your parents; and should both or any one of them attain old age with you, do not say to them even "fie" neither chide them, but speak to them with respect, and be humble and tender to them and say: "Lord, show mercy to them as they nurtured me when I was small."

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 17 ( An Nisa) Verse 23 - 24

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Recite that which has been revealed to you of the Book and keep up prayer; surely prayer keeps (one) away from indecency and evil, and certainly the remembrance of Allah is the greatest, and Allah knows what you do.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 29 ( AL-ANKABOOT ) Verse: 45

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:06 PM

O people, a parable is set forth: pay heed to it. Those who call upon aught other than Allah shall never be able to create even a fly, even if all of them were to come together to do that. And if the fly were to snatch away anything from them, they would not be able to recover that from it. Powerless is the supplicant; and powerless is he to whom he supplicates.

Source: The Holy Quran Chapter 22 ( Al Hajj) Verse: 73

Adiva
07-14-2009, 04:06 PM

On the authority of Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas

Prophet ( PBUH) said : "There are three things that cause happiness and three things that create misery for the human being. A good wife, a good house, and good transport cause happiness. A bad woman, a bad house and bad transport cause his misery".

Source: Al-Tabrany

Yanal
07-15-2009, 02:49 AM

A hadeeth that could answer the question "Did Prophet Muhammad(SAWS) ever sin"

"Narrated Abu Huraira: ... What do you say in the pause between Takbir and recitation? The Prophet said, ... O Allah! Set me apart from my sins (faults) as the East and West are set apart from each other and clean me from sins as a white garment is cleaned of dirt (after thorough washing). O Allah! Wash off my sins with water, snow and hail." Bukhari vol.1 book 12 (Characteristics of Prayer) ch.8 no.711 p.398. See also Sura 40:55; 48:1-2, and Bukhari vol.1 book 2 (Faith) ch.13 no.19 p.23; vol.1 book 12 (Characteristics of Prayer) ch.57 no.781 p.434; vol.6 book 60 (Book of Commentary) ch.3 no.3 p.4; vol.8 book 75 (Invocations) ch.3 no.319 p.213.

A.M.H.
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: if anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.

A.M.H.
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

A.M.H.
07-18-2009, 06:39 PM

On the authority of Tamim Al-Dari that the prophet said:

"Religion is sincerity". We said: "To whom?" He said: "To Allah and His Book, and His messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk".

narrated by Muslim

A.M.H.
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Narrated Abu Musa:

Some people asked Allah's Prophet, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

Muslim Woman
07-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Salaam;

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays the dawn prayer in congregation, it is as if he had prayed the whole night long.”

(Muslim, p. 454, no. 656; al-Tirmidhi, 221).

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.ph...c=5292.new#new

Layla454
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Abu Muhammad al-Hasan ibn 'Ali ibn Abi Talib said, "I memorised from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace: 'Abandon anything that gives you doubt for what gives you no doubt. Truthfulness is peace of mind and lying is doubt." [At-Tirmidhi]

O2K
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 538
Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:

The Prophet said, "The example of him (a believer) who recites the Qur'an is like that of a citron which tastes good and smells good. And he (a believer) who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which is good in taste but has no smell. And the example of a dissolute wicked person who recites the Qur'an is like the Raihana (sweet basil) which smells good but tastes bitter. And the example of a dissolute wicked person who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which tastes bitter and has no smell.

egyptballer
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Actions while Praying 27th Rajab 1430 (20th July 2009)

We used to pray with the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) in
scorching heat, and if someone of us could not put his face on the earth
(because of the heat) then he would spread his clothes and prostrate over
them.

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 299

Muslim Woman
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM

Respond to him who sneezes three times with Yarhamak Allah. But if he sneezes more than this, you may not respond to him if you like. (Tirmizi)

O2K
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 534

The Prophet said to his companions, "Is it difficult for any of you to recite one third of the Qur'an in one night?" This suggestion was difficult for them so they said, "Who among us has the power to do so, O Allah's Apostle?" Allah Apostle replied: " Allah (the) One, the Self-Sufficient Master Whom all creatures need.' (Surat Al-Ikhlas 112.1--to the End) is equal to one third of the Qur'an."

A.M.H.
07-22-2009, 12:36 PM

On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me: "Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

narrated by Termithi,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.