/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am wearing the head scarf!

seeker-of-light
10-22-2008, 09:35 PM
today was the first day since i have become a muslim that i have worn a head scarf. i went to school, and alot of people were asking me like "are you cold or something? why are you wearing that?" (some people that i talk to didn't even notice though lol) i put it on when i got to school because if i would have left the house wearing it my mom would have told me to take it off, because any covering worn on the head is against the school dress code, but i explained to my teachers the reason i wore it and they were very understanding:)i am so happy to be a muslimah and i was so happy to wear the hijaab as allah (swt) has commanded me:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
:sl:

masha'Allah thats great to hear sis!

I pray that Allah accepts it from you, and continues to guide you to all that is good..aameen

:w:

kwolney01
10-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Congrats sister!!

I'm so proud of you sister. May I ask you how long have you been a Muslim? I just reverted recently and I know I'll have to start wearing the hijab soon, but I don't think I'm ready to. My whole family is Christian and they would probably understand but be kind of taken a back from it. I know we should wear it for Allah and no one else but other then my family I think personally I need some more time to get use to it. I cover up everything else but my hair. In America everyone is so into appearances and it's hard to change what you have been doing for 19 years! lol....

I just want to let you know that you are a very strong person and I give you a lot of respect for going ahead and starting to wear it. Stay strong sister!!!

Jazak Allah Khair!!

I wish you the best!!

Afifa
10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Mashallah sis thats soo good to hear :D...always remember why you'r wearing it and dont let others influence you wrongly :thumbs_up..all the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamayun
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
You have my respect Sister. You make us proud. May Allah reward you.

Patience7
10-22-2008, 09:53 PM

Mashallah!! may Allah reward you...:)

Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Woww thats sooo nicee to hear :D Ya just made me very happy :)

Umu 'Isa
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Masha Allaah!! congratulations! May Allaah make it easy for you and reward you immensely!

al Amaanah
10-22-2008, 10:03 PM

masha Allah, Allahu akbar! may Allah keep u steadfast on this deen, Allahomma ameen.

Güven
10-22-2008, 10:04 PM

MashaAllah thats Greaaaaaaaaaat to hear! :D
May Allah reward you for your good and sincere intentions with Jannatul Firdaws!

seeker-of-light
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
thank you all so very much^^
here in america it is difficult to wear hijab because like kwolney01 said, everyone is into appearances. i had a few people try to tug at my headscarf a little today and i had to ask them to please stop, but for the most part i had alot of people who were very nice to me and very respectful though.:)

The Khan
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Mashallah, good for you sis! May Allah (SWT) reward you abundantly. Ameen.

coddles76
10-23-2008, 02:13 AM
MashAllah thats Absolutely Beautiful to hear. May Allah SWT reward your for your strength and continue to strengthen you till the day of judgement. May Allah SWT shower his forgiveness and mercy upon you. Congratulations and Keep Strong.
Asalam Alykum

Abdul-Raouf
10-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Alhamdulillah.Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.

May ALLAH reward you with victory in Akhirah and in Dunya.

Salaam.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-23-2008, 03:38 AM
MashaAllah sis seeker. Thats GREAT. May Allah reward you, ameen.You are officially an ambassador to this deen! :)

Hafswa
10-23-2008, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
Congrats sister!!

I'm so proud of you sister. May I ask you how long have you been a Muslim? I just reverted recently and I know I'll have to start wearing the hijab soon, but I don't think I'm ready to. My whole family is Christian and they would probably understand but be kind of taken a back from it. I know we should wear it for Allah and no one else but other then my family I think personally I need some more time to get use to it. I cover up everything else but my hair. In America everyone is so into appearances and it's hard to change what you have been doing for 19 years! lol....

I just want to let you know that you are a very strong person and I give you a lot of respect for going ahead and starting to wear it. Stay strong sister!!!

Jazak Allah Khair!!

I wish you the best!!
This is very encouraging.

Strzelecki
10-26-2008, 10:48 AM
May Allah [swt] protect you sister.

*Maysun
10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
May Allah make everything easy for you sister.

Nájlá
10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
mashallah thats great news to hear :thumb_up

may Allah(swt) reward u. ameen

Danah
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
masha allah sister I am really happy for you
keep that determination up in sha allah

Na7lah
10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Mashallah! may Allah keep you strong sis :)

FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 07:50 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah! May Allah Taala reward on you for good and make it easy for you! Ameen

Allah Taala loves for our Muslim women to be shielded by their Hijab.

"Verily! Allah is Hayaa (modest, bashful) & Sitteer (i.e. the One Who Shields - from disobedient acts). He loves Hayaa (i.e. He loves for one to practice modesty and bashfulness) and Siter (shielding; covering)." [Collected by Abu Dawud; An-Nissa’ee; Al-Baihaqee; Ahmad; & in Saheeh An-Nissa’ee]

Simply_Logical
10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
mashallah, i admire you courage,
may allah give you ease with difficulties in this life and the hereafter,
p.s make dua for me lol! :D

buddy1
10-26-2008, 08:21 PM
well done, I admire your courage!!

seeker-of-light
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
mashallah, i admire you courage,
may allah give you ease with difficulties in this life and the hereafter,
p.s make dua for me lol! :D
ok i will^_^thank you all for your support here it has been very helpful for me, considering i have no muslim brothers or sisters to speak with in real life. we have a mosque here but my mom doesnt want me to go there (i dont understand why though..i really want to...)

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Subhanallah, Mashaallah, Barakallah!!!
Alhamdoullillah you are a muslim now.
Congratulations sister.Great news.
May Allah swt ease your doings and may Allah reward you in this life and hereafter inshaallah.

Snowflake
10-28-2008, 11:36 PM
mashaAllah sis :)

may Allah swt love you and give all our sisters to follow suit. Ameen

cute123
10-29-2008, 06:25 AM
mashallah sister. so sweet to hear that . May you follow more sunnah .

suffiyan007
10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
mashaallah...!

The Khan
10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
ok i will^_^thank you all for your support here it has been very helpful for me, considering i have no muslim brothers or sisters to speak with in real life. we have a mosque here but my mom doesnt want me to go there (i dont understand why though..i really want to...)
Go over there, sis. Disobeying your parents for Allah (SWT) is absolutely halal.

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Masha'Allah sis! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Edit :( imsad

seeker-of-light
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan
Go over there, sis. Disobeying your parents for Allah (SWT) is absolutely halal.
ok good^_^i know that usually it is haraam in islam to go against your parents wishes but i want to be a good practicing muslimah though^_^

The Khan
10-30-2008, 12:52 AM
If you read the biographies of some of the companions of our prophet (pbuh), you'll see that many of them went against their parents for embracing Islam, some were even tortured and refused food and water.

Disobeying your parents for Allah (SWT) is completely halal. Disobeying your parents if they force you do commit haraam acts is also halal. That is what this brother has understood. :)

Khalil_Allah
10-30-2008, 04:35 PM
hehe seeker mashallah

your post makes me smile :) I am so happy for you!

Orn
11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
MashaAllah sister, see not every school in the US is intolerent(I think I mispelled this)

truthforpeace
11-04-2008, 02:28 PM
masha'Allah

what wonderful courage!

highway_trekker
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Mashaa'Allaah sister :) Makes me so happy to hear that

Leyla73
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Congratulations sis!
And I'm happy your teachers accept it :) :) :)
But, just a little curious question, do you wear the hijab or just the scarf on the head? =P

Peace

Asja
12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Mashallah dear sister becasue you start wearing hijab and Mashallah because you become Muslimah.:)

May Allah bless you and reword you dear sister.

Selam.

Your sister Asja

militant g-hard
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
the hijab, burka, veil is actually the symbol of freedom and liberation for women

Faith.
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Masha'Allah Sis...
Thats inspiring..
May Allah bless you abundantly and shower you with his mercy...Ameen

Zafran
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
salaam

Mash Allah

May Allah bless you
peace.

Mediteran
12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
i am so happy for you.. i wish i had your courage, to become a muslim

Mahdi.MP
12-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Happy to you , :)

pious believer
12-27-2008, 05:01 PM
mashaAllah sister!! :) always be strong and tough!!
there are of bad people who can put u down!!

Caller الداعي
12-27-2008, 05:18 PM
mashallah sis congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may Allah give u steadfastness!!!!ameen

KelleyD
12-28-2008, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
today was the first day since i have become a muslim that i have worn a head scarf. i went to school, and alot of people were asking me like "are you cold or something? why are you wearing that?" (some people that i talk to didn't even notice though lol) i put it on when i got to school because if i would have left the house wearing it my mom would have told me to take it off, because any covering worn on the head is against the school dress code, but i explained to my teachers the reason i wore it and they were very understanding:)i am so happy to be a muslimah and i was so happy to wear the hijaab as allah (swt) has commanded me:)
Masha' Allah Sister. It takes great courage to do what you have done. You may not get alot of encouragement from the outside world so stay close to those who are close to Allah (SWT) and you will receive that encouragement. The first day I wore my hijab/jilbab, I was accidentily mistaken for a nun by an elderly lady on the tube in London. :D When I went to the passport office to get my photo taken, the photographer argued with me about wearing my headcover until I pulled out the regulation I copied from the library and he was forced to take my picture with my headcover on. When I arrived at my destination, some of the people of that country tried to convince me that Hijab/Jilbab was not for American muslims. I wore it anyways. Coming back to America and wearing them was an even more daunting task. You probably have already noted that you will get the most bewildering looks. Instead of being fully dressed from head to toe, people look at you as if you must be walking around naked with your hair on fire.

Just remember not to let it discourage you. Instead, let the Koran encourage you.
“O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.” (Quran Al-Ahzab 59)

In surah 24: Al Nur (or The Light), verses 30-31 it says:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity of them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: they should not display their ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty..."

Opening the eyes of the spirit takes a certain courage and a moment of decision...The moment of realization that maybe it is all real is where submission to God begins. It is not the end of the story by any means, but only the beginning. :) Mabruk on your wise and courageous decision. :)

noorseeker
12-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Mashallah

Ali.0009
12-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Oh, can you post a little background how you thought about being a muslim? :o) Congrats btw!

uklondon2012
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
hello sister i ,am a guy from morocco i must congratulate you about you brave action toward islam:sl may allah bless you and please quipe it up
if you need any information about islam practising salat or anything like that aske me i ll will be so happy to help you.

EDITED BY WOODROW: Personal email addresses are not permitted in posts and inter gender private correspondence is highly discourged.

Baji-Ji
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Mashallah may Allah Bless you and give me strength to do the same.
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.