/* */

PDA

View Full Version : O physician! Do you have medicine..?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
:sl:

Imaam Hasan al-Basri said,
“One day I was walking with a young pious man in the narrow streets of Basra and its markets until we reached a physician sitting on a chair and around him were many men, women, and children who had bottled of water in their hands. Each one of them was seeking a cure for his illness.

The young man moved closer to the physician and asked him, ‘O physician! Do you have medicine that cleans away sins and cures the spiritual diseases of the heart?’ He replied, ‘Yes!’ The young man said, ‘Give it to me!

The physician said,’Take ten things from me- take the roots of the tree of poverty with the roots of the tree of humility, and pour in it the milk of repentance, then place it in the mortar of acceptance [ of whatever is predestined for one], crush it with the pestle of contentment, then place it in the pot of piety, pour over it the water of shame, then boil it with the fire of love, then place it in the cup of gratitude and cool it down with the fan of hope, then drink it with the spoon of praise. If you do all of this then it will cure you of every illness and trial in this world and in the Hearafter.
From 'Preparing for the Day of Judgement' of Imam Ibn Hajar al -Asqalani

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
woaaaw

mashallah man

Güven
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
MashaAllah :ooh:
In the beginning i tought the young man was the one who was going to use wise words :ooh:

جوري
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
I loved it.. thank you..

Jazaka Allah khyran..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Jazakallaahu khayran for that :).

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
In the beginning i tought the young man was the one who was going to use wise words :ooh:
Same with me!

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
:wasalamex

W o W

Just amazing!

May Allah (swt) bless you in abundance for that share Akhee! Ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.