/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of this ayah....condition of a people

Najm
10-23-2008, 09:50 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

I wanted to know what this ayah means:-[

Allah says,
Surely Allah does not change the condition of a people until they (first) change their own condition.) (Ar-Ra`d 13:11)

Does that mean im left to myself to fix my problems?
Do i have to ask for repentance myself 1st?
Does that mean i cant be guided?
Can i only help myself?
:-[:-[:?:?

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
10-24-2008, 07:30 PM
:sl:
i guess it means that you cant just think that allah will change you without you doin anything...youv gt to be willing to change and try to before you do...you need to make an intention that you will change and from thier allah will help you but you cant just expect allah to change you overnight.
you have to ask for repentance as this shows allah that you really are sorry and really do wnat to change.
Ask allah to guide you and inshallah he will

if iv sed anything wrong please do correct me :-[

:w:

Najm
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
:bump:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
i think this means you gotta show you want it bro.

ie say i wanna quit a bad habit, sure i can WANNA quit it all day and all night, but it aint gonna happen until i make moves to show Allah i want it and make a firm niyyah inside.

you know it'll be nice to see the tafsirs of this ayyah, lets take a look :ooh:

{ لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِّن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ ٱللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُواْ مَا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ وَإِذَا أَرَادَ اللَّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوۤءًا فَلاَ مَرَدَّ لَهُ وَمَا لَهُمْ مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَالٍ }

(For him are angels ranged before him) He has angels who succeed one another: the angels of the night succeed the angels of the day and vice versa (and behind him who guard him by Allah's command) and who drive him to the things destined. (Lo! Allah changeth not the condition of a folk) the blessing and safety of a people (until they (first) change that which is in their hearts) by failing to give thanks; (and if Allah willeth misfortune) a chastisement or destruction (for a folk there is none that can repel it) there is none that can repel Allah's decree concerning them, (nor have they) for those whom Allah wants to destroy (a defender) who can save them from Allah's chastisement; it is also said that this means: none can give them a refuge to which they can escape (beside Him) beside Allah.

so i think bro, all we gotta do is ACHKNOWLEDGE Allahs existence, his power over all things, that not an atom moves without his will, and then he will help us.

and by condition of a people akhee, it seems to be talking about a WHOLE RACE, a HUGE NATION. not just one individual, so it seems that we need to just be grateful to Allah...

wallahu a'lam ask a scholar :p

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Najm
12-06-2008, 03:01 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Wow, well done, i kinda get it now!!!! So really it is up to me, if i strive, Allah inshaAllah will guide me!!! Alhamdulillah!!:-[

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.