PDA

View Full Version : Ten useless matters

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
:sl:

By: Ibn ul-Qayyim, Rahimahullah

There are ten useless matters:

1. Knowledge that is not acted on
2. The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others
3. Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter
4. The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him
5. A body that does not obey and serve Allah
6. Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure
7. Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good
8. A mind that thinks about useless matters
9. Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your life
10. Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of Allah and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.

However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time.
Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one’s desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet Allah.

How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one’s desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
:wasalamex

JazakAllah khayr sis :thumbs_up

MO783
10-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Jazakallah and so true

kwolney01
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Very true!! Thanks for sharing this with us sister!! We should all think about these and try not to concern ourselves with these useless matters!!

I wish you the best sister!!

Jazak Allah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seeker-of-light
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
so true. so often people concern themselves with such unimportant things, only to realize that in the end, they were not so important as we thought they were.

Snowflake
10-25-2008, 10:55 AM
jazakAllahu khayr sis

How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart...
:thumbs_up

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2008, 11:03 AM
wa iyyakum
^ lol yeah too true man :(

*KB*
10-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Assalamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh

Jazak'Allah Khairan Sister Ramlah, much appreciated :)

Assalamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh
*KB*
:coolious:

Umu 'Isa
10-25-2008, 12:01 PM
jazakillahu khayran. May Allaah protect us from these things

seeker-of-light
10-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Quote:
How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart...
i have asked allah to cure my heart, i hope that he hears me and will heal me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.