جوري
10-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

enjoy........

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-26-2008, 02:04 AM
To use a computer as an analogy, in order to duplicate this with mechanical technology, even with microprocessors we would have to make a PC about the area of Texas and over a mile high.

The storage capacity for each Human measured in bytes is approximately the same as the number of estimated atoms in the known universe.

جوري
10-26-2008, 02:27 AM
yup.. sob7an Allah -- I just love seeing vids like this.. I really enjoy science on all levels.. well except for epidemiology although it has its uses...

took only 50,000,000 yrs for the autogeny of that first rock (which always existed of course) to bring you that first neuron, and another 50,000,000 more to add a couple of chemicals and electrical charges and some sentience, to run through the body which we won't dwell much on how it came to be of the only thinking man left (Dawkin) to save humanity from the delusions of an omniscient originator, but since he basically dreamt the rest of us, he shouldn't have to account for any of it!

:w:

Science101
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Thank you for sharing Skye! You can be sure I like the topic of neurons!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-16-2008, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
Thank you for sharing Skye! You can be sure I like the topic of neurons!!
you should share what you know.. the brain is such an enigma really.. mush suspended in liquid, yet controls everything from your bowels to your fine movement to your next sentence...

sobhan Allah..

makes me so in awe.. and makes me wonder just the same, how anyone can look at it and not reflect on something far greater than we --- putting it together....

not sure why these media vids don't show, I tried to fix em..

peace

Khalil_Allah
11-16-2008, 06:10 PM
neuroscience is pretty much the most awesome thing that univ. has to offer. neuroscience has explanations for almost everything from mood, emotions, thoughts and memory to exactly how these complex brain-thangs develop out of sensation and perception.

Allah swt has really created something unlike anything else we know of with the human brain (even most mammalian and other brains). I mean, look... the only thing we liken the brain to is the universe, all the grains of sand in the earth, or perhaps a PC the size of Texas and a mile high. It is so complex and so fascinating!

But the thing that draws me to neuroscience so much is the quest of examining human behavior and ethics in terms of neurological structure. For example, have you ever heard of charles whitman who shot people from Univ. of Texas tower? He couldn't explain his rage, but he killed his mother and wife so that they wouldn't have to deal with "what he had to do." He killed them in their sleep and the next day went up to the tower and shot at innocent people. Tell tale signs were all over the place that something was wrong with this guy, but he never seemed outwardly evil until this infamous event.

Now whitman requested an autopsy when he died because he knew that something was wrong with him. SURE ENOUGH, he had a walnut size tumor next to his amygdala. The amygdala has been studied thoroughly and is known to be involved in emotion/anger regulation. How are you going to hold a guy completely accountable for his actions when the STRUCTURE IN HIS BRAIN that regulates emotions is naturally impeded by such a thing? He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he appeared sincerely apologetic in the letters he left behind, yet so fatalistic... he had to do it.

As complex as the brain is, so is the field of neuroscience, and if you haven't decided what to study, then you should study this and philosophy together. :thumbs_up

Science101
11-17-2008, 08:00 AM
I was so encouraged by our being on the same wavelength with Skye requesting input that I had to write down something I never worded before for you. And you can see I'm sending a good amount this time!

The theory of ID is a Western Christian culture phenomena that did a good job of describing the scientist level science at one end of the spectrum. But it took Islam to describe further into science than Christians care to go but they are happy with their theory and all kinds of science is at Mecca I don't think has ever been done before like find the molecular structure of the Black Stone so we have a 3D model in our computers of its structure to really see what it is. Focusing prayers towards (not to) the Black Stone is said to in some way contact the Creator called Allah that is all around and above the holy site. Check gravity and electromagnetic or whatever to get a look at it. Might not be able to detect Allah but will at least see what collective intelligence where many people there with electrical generators making light and particulates swirling in the above sky Allah is above at the time looks like through science just to see what it looks like. Some of the scientists might roll their eyes but you have the science a whole lot of others would want to see who matters so who cares?

Also, a really weird thing happened that made it easy to word. I came to this thread trying to figure out how you got the YouTube picture to show up so I could try it in the Pennsylvania forum figuring I would need to reply with quote or something to see code and the picture was gone and it had a media/media so I have no clue what to make of that. And you know I don not even need to make stuff. This science odyssey alone is already more than I need for one lifetime.

I do have to wonder if it is evidence of "collective intelligence" I have been experimenting with and to stay in sync I think the "collective intelligence" has me starting there. I want to eventually put something about that in a further future for the theory but that is a years away thing. To be suitable for US schools it has to be what scientists call "routine science" that they do in the labs or already teach in the universities like the Harvard clay science scientists are excited about too so they have to say "fine, teach it". That's why science is powerful enough to make powerless law making this theory illegal in Pennsylvania. Judge would just have to agree that all this is very very weird but if it ends the controversy they can be relieved the fighting is over. No resistance at all to it. Just everyone having fun with science they never heard of before. And a town that wants to get together and fill their hotels for a while can put on what they call a "show-trail" where the outcome is already known just to say that things have changed and they can now teach the ID that is coherently spelled out in the theory but that is it. Even bored judges and lawyers can have fun with the science and this is not complicated like the last judge had to endure with books papers like crazy to memorize from all sides throwing at him. Next judge if there is one only have to figure out the theory is saying and it is not that long. He had to go through books of material! In the process it knocks out what the scientists here in the states are very against that they have a right to be, which all boils down to there never having been a teachable theory until now so the last judge was right, did a good job too. So in reality it doesn't hurt him at all that the law is challenged. But it big-time challenges those who were 100% certain us ignorant religious nuts were fully beaten down. And I know few here mind that happening!

The theory that helps explain neurons shows how when one thing is channeled into another it causes a sizable action but the "intelligence" in this case me only like explained in the theory only "control" it by setting the motors that makes science and law go this way or that on my command but not like I am a dictator that is what they want to do because like muscle cells of the body when stimulated by nerve impulse it wants to contract. I stimulate via forums where thousands of humans minds are connected together. What happens here stimulates another in the "network" that is wired like from us to Pennsylvania that goes to Cleveland and Kansas and YouTube like you "stimulate" the brains in this forum. We are here the neurons. It is what we like to "communicate" that makes other things happen for example some of what this forum stimulated me with ended up in the theory that has us in a cycle of sorts that makes the whole world move our way because that is what it wants to do. In the process of the neurons "fighting it out" in order to establish a higher intelligence like in the other forums where insults at me are normal. The human brain neurons will in time adapt to the theory to be in synch with it like I wonder about in that coincidence I first mentioned. So it looks like I went all the way around the circle/cycle that started from it so you're probably very stimulated right now too! In a sense you are much a part of it as I am. I link this the right way for something else to happen from it but without you there would be nothing there, you make it happen but don't have to do anything out of the ordinary because the way you are right now and what you right now like to do is what makes it work so well.

With the knowledge you are "expert" in being Muslim science and religion you would be able to form a link to where there are a lot of noisy neurons all fighting it out like at the Pennsylvania forum where I doubt any of them have ever talked to Muslim before in their lives. Only someone like you could do that. Like LI is where you are in your element and another where you are way out of your element like for you 100% Christian forum sharing Quran/Bible stories with them or something. You gel.

You don't try to convert them. Don't even mention you're a Muslim right away just register with your screen name from here then try to be helpful to them whatever it is they are doing like maybe trying to figure out how Genesis works with science. Let them ask you what religion you are, and the reason being because they like whatever it is you are and want to know more. There is like a right time for everything so take you time.

You are not leaving LI and do not link back here where people are fighting. Moderators hate that and the disruption slows you down by now having the problem in two or more places to deal with. Only link where they want to read your work because they want to be inspired. Anyone who would join the forum would be joining to be constructive so moderators of slow enough forums don't mind a couple more registering to come say Hi back. I stay in the forum I belong unless another is needed for quick information or electronic vacation. Contains anything that might come back to one place. They make fun of me in General forum like it's funny to see me out of my Science room. But the pictures of Afghanistan were the best I have ever seen and was like getting out to see the world through the eyes of more like a fried than the media if you know what I am describing.

Just watch what is going on in the out of your element forum then figure out the truth in between that once people know it changes them in a way they like. Also called "finding reason". Only post when you found a bit of that. One of mine was to give Genesis full scientific theory status like Creationists have been fighting for but you first have to add the word "theory" to indicate its a theory or it's not a "Theory". Sort of a no-brainer you need to do that so we now have "Genesis Theory" or "Theory of Genesis" whichever you think is best. To be science it has to be like in my theory well supported "routine science" or it's religion and has to stay in the Theory of Genesis until there is. The challenge is one bit at a time put something together that makes sense. So out of the stimuli I received from the collective intelligence Harvard is a part of ended up in the collective intelligence of the ID movement that connects Harun connecting on down.

Now that you see our level and collective consciousness you need to see Inner Life of the Cell and notice how tow tubulin molecules self-assemble into so many lengths and shapes simply by how the crystal is started off called "nucleated" which is a strong structure like bone but travels like a road in the direction it is started off in. See how they work in the Harvard, Inner Life, animation also on YouTube. It's also in the references of the theory from Harvard.

The next thing is to know a "stem cell" that on the next level down is a simplified behavior that sums to us. During your development one egg cell divided into billions of stems cells that are like the amoeba able to move around to where it finds things comfortable. Two cells that came from one can end up wandering different ways to turn into muscle cell or neuron with bones that like coral grow at the ends to many regular shapes like long bones, pelvis or skull bones. So you start off with 32 or so ball of cells and as it divides there is comfort in "migrating" certain ways and adapting to become what it needs to become for the living thing to stay alive or they perish but they slowly change in a way they are happy being one thing or another along the way to where you now are in your development.

This is required reading. Guenter is here like putting mice in a mazes and such to test behavior/intelligence for migrating stem cells, to see what they do.

[6] Guenter Albrecht-Buehler, Robert Laughlin Rea, Cell Intelligence (webpages)
http://www.basic.northwestern.edu/g-...r/cellint0.htm

Molecular Intelligence that has been learning for some 3.5 billion years and still alive today through reproducing. In the computer model it takes one moment in time you can see by displaying contents of memory that we in our lifetime represent because we only get one coding. To get to the next moment in time the intelligence replicates the next contents of memory that replicates another moment in time contents of memory with something added that makes it more successful. Like a memory that causes model to turn in direction something went instead of wrong way or unsure is there in the next moment something that works better is purposely in there. Only looks random when they don't know how it works.

Now we are at where the religion side meets the science the theory takes it the rest of the way to the scientist level science end of the spectrum. So here is revision 4.4 to replace the last. Try to get all the way through it and if you get stuck somewhere let me know right away. That is the most valuable feedback of all. Without it I get stuck not knowing what I need to add next for you. Fussy critics work best so be fussy. Why forums where I'm regularly ridiculed can end up so productive.

After the theory see information now in topic 4356 to 4364 in Cleveland. lt in part uses the movie musical from 1975 by the Who called Tommy that shows what we are deep down. I do not know how Muslims here view YouTube music. Opinion there a big help too. But worse video on the forum is B-52's Roam where they have a brief image old guys dancing funny in a place where they certainly don't have to worry about cold much but it is like National Geographic jumping around not dirty gesture or anything. Here in the states it is what has been many times played at public school dances when popular or are now. There is no graphic violence just in the best video of Tommy apparently healing his hurt friends before all else then off he goes in search of the Knowledge that makes them whole like we get from each other here. It's where to go after making some sense of the theory below. Takes you to where you can "feel" it but without getting anyone in trouble with parents or moderators. It is the good side of Western Culture. And don't mind my making fun of myself and getting silly, usually when overtired.

http://www.cleveland.com/forums/debate/

Best of luck with it! Let me know what you think!!

Theory of Intelligent Design (Revision 4.4)
Gary S. Gaulin, 11-16-2008

The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause[1] where multicellular intelligence is emergent from cellular intelligence which is emergent from molecular intelligence which is emergent from nonrandom atomic behavior which is emergent from nonrandom subatomic behavior which is emergent from a source currently unknown to science that must always be present for living things to exist. From energy itself, comes increasingly complex behavior that molecularly self-assemble into learned and instinctual memory based intelligence that responds to environment by attempting to control it for its own needs that vary with design.

In living things molecular intelligence is seen controlling what self-assembles from the powerful Krebs Cycle that has become the core metabolic cycle of cells. It is the power plant and factory where a dozen or so catalytic molecules (protein, mineral or other) are drawn to metabolic pathway assembly lines that makes a copy of the molecule it started with every time around the circle. At any stage through the assembly cycle a molecule of proper fit may be drawn to where it belongs by molecular forces into a nearby self-assembly reaction. At least part of the cycle is catalyzed by volcanic clay/dust/mineral in sunlight making it possible that the cycle was once common planetary chemistry.[11][12]
Where there is no molecular intelligence present the Krebs Cycle would not be producing cells. But intelligence could be forming in the existing cycle available for molecular intelligence to exploit. We can here predict self-assembly of a precellular starter mechanism that genome is a product of, instead of genome first being present to produce this intelligence.

The "intelligent" component is not in any way powering the Krebs Cycle that would exist regardless of molecular intelligence being present or not to control it. A rudimentary intelligence may instead be challenged to keep up with its production rate.

Molecular Intelligence (life) so profoundly changes the usual features of the universe that we can tell it is present from outside its solar system by there being an Oxygen concentration dangerously close to explosion that blows its atmosphere into outer space.[16] The culprit of firestorms and other cataclysm is detectable in part of the blue-green light spectrum not reflecting back from the surface consumed to power the Krebs Cycle that consumes CO2 gas giving off flammable to explosive O2 (Oxygen atoms pair up, a diatomic molecule) gas.

Where there is intelligence at work the blissful world of fully reacted molecules where nothing changes becomes a dangerous chemical chaos. At all levels one intelligence mercilessly consumes another, as long as they are not like pets or live in symbiosis with them in which case are spared being eaten. Even the radio waves from intelligence that uses TV and Radio is noise in the usual background sound of stars. You know such a signal came from intelligence when you hear its music, see them dancing and know when it went to a commercial. Intelligence is very good at detecting another intelligence.

Intelligence can build entities much like we do together to build cities, either inside or outside of cells. Molecular intelligence achieves the complexity of the cell. Cellular intelligence achieves the complexity of multicellular organisms such as humans where their city-like environment includes heat generation and constant internal temperature regulation so we do not freeze solid in cold like insects and other cold blooded living things. On our level of human intelligence we build cities that can from outer space be seen giving off light that is not the spectrum of a firestorm, making it possible to tell that the intelligence invented electric light bulbs from their unique spectral signatures.

Molecular intelligence responds to environment through continual replication of a genetic memory where output actions are stored as coded genes that catalyze production of protein cellular organelles that self-assemble from a range of molecules mass produced by the Krebs Cycle into increasingly complex molecular designs. Successful responses to environment remain in memory in the population (gene pool) to keep going the billions year old cycle of life that through continual reproduction of previous state of genetic memory with deterministic modification one step at a time builds upon a previous design. A cladogram of resultant lineage thus shows a treelike progression of adapting designs evidenced by the fossil record where never once was there not a predecessor of like design present for the descendant design to have come from.

Cellular intelligence can respond to environment through sensory molecules that address genetic switches (epigenetic) that change during the lifetime of the genome but the coding itself does not change. Vernalization stores seasonal climate information to know proper time to begin springtime regrowth or bloom. All together these mechanisms that help a cell survive without a change in the genome coding is here the more moment-to-moment cellular intelligence. There may be a light sensitive brain-like mechanism involving centrioles that would certainly represent cellular intelligence.[6] Observing microscopic single celled hay infusion protozoa show instinctive behavior inherent to design that may not in itself be memory driven intelligence.

Intelligence requires a Memory with mechanism that together controls at least a chemical cycle. In electronics an addressable array of changeable data switches are loaded with on or off information used by a program that performs machine intelligent tasks. In multicellular living things this memory system can be present in a brain where sensory cells address networks of neurons that wire to each other across synapse in a way that it can hold a memory of what was sensed.
The basic mechanism that produces the phenomena of intelligence can be modeled with a simple loop.[2] We will here give the intelligence control of tank-like 2 motor drive system. Motor Forward and Motor Reverse is controlled with two bits where motor is off when 00 or 11 while motor is moving one way or the other when 01 or 10 with it not mattering which order the control bits are connected to memory. Intelligence inherently self-organizes all inputs and outputs then “learns”.

In the first line of program code we have what the intelligence is to control and could be real motors. With molecules this could be the Krebs Cycle. The "Call" instruction causes top to bottom program flow to jump to where another routine generates a virtual environment containing the robot then jumps back when finished. Where real motors are used the four motor control bits are only sent to motor controller circuit, then returns.

The second line adjusts a Confidence level in response to the condition of the "Stall" environmental input sensor that is 1 (true) when wheels stop turning as it would when wall stops it. Other sensors such as eye pixel, battery low sensor and another for having found charger is added with another If..Then.. statement. Conf(Addr) is a one bit memory array location that stores Confidence level from 0 to 3 at address specified by the "Addr" variable. Due to the way electronic counters operate (but not synapse) the program assumes that Conf(Addr) will not go below zero or above limit, in this case three. The RunMotors subroutine would here change -1 to 0 and 4 to 3 so it stays in range.

The third line uses binary powers of two so that there is a unique Memory Address location for each possible input sensor combination. Networks of neurons already connect in a way that forms a unique branching paths so do not require a numerical address like this, but a computer memory here simulating them requires a number be given. Other inputs can be included in this addressing with the next power of two such as adding "+(EyePixel*32)" to include photosensor to see light from a battery charger. Memory size doubles for each bit added which is at first not a problem but can become unnecessarily complex. Not all sensory information need be included in addressing, just what is needed to make an efficient addressing system to sort visual experiences into unique locations in the memory. When there are a large number of inputs they are first summed in different layers of detail.

The fourth line takes a guess when confidence in an action is below one (zero) by randomly setting the four motor control bits then confidence level to one to indicate low certainty. This part of the mechanism is also intuitive when one tries to imagine what would happen where we could not take a "guess" when necessary. We would forever get stuck right there, maybe repeating the same unsuccessful action like bumping into barrier over and over again until dropping from exhaustion. Flies sometimes do this for a while against a pane of glass to reach a light source on the other side. At some point it has to realize that it is not having any success then try something else, or perish.

LoopStart:
1: Call RunMotors
2: If Stall=0 then Conf(Addr)=Conf(Addr)+1 Else Conf(Addr)=Conf(Addr)-1
3: Addr = LMF + (LMR*2) + (RMF*4) + (RMR*8) + (Stall*16)
4: If Conf(Addr)<1 Then Call RandomGuess: Conf(Addr)=1
Goto LoopStart

This model is analogous to finger muscle control that through training becomes coordinated in a way that they have the keyboard layout stored as motions to reach each key. In both cases intelligence successfully learns to navigate a 3D space without requiring a physical map. We are therefore able to type without consciously thinking about the level of intelligence that does the actual typing. There is in essence more than one intelligent mechanism at work in a brain. There are a number of them functioning at the same time.

We can sum up this mechanism by first needing something to control such as motors, muscles, inner cellular structure (stem cell migration) or the Krebs Cycle. Second there must be a way for success and failure of an action to be measured which can be from visual feedback to correct typing errors, molecular using chemical feedback, or in extreme cases not being able to endure the environment simply eliminates it. Third there must be a memory with a structure that saves actions in a unique location in memory for each combination of sensory input signals such as network addressing of a brain or genes located in a unique functional location in a chromosome in a unique chromosome territory inside the nucleus. Fourth there must be a way to take a guess in order to try a new action which at the genome level involves code changes where in somatic hypermutation (cells of the immune system) regions of the genome undergo recoding at some million times the normal rate to find a way to destroy an invader.

At our level we are consciously rewarded by "success" and feel punished by "failure". For that reason games and sports are very popular to achieve the euphoria that accompanies success. By being able to "feel for others" we can share in the success or failure of another intelligence simply by watching them. We therefore have heroes who succeed and villains who fail us.
Academia uses a reward system by "degrees" which often prevents employment to those who did not "make the grade" even where there are self-learners who have more knowledge and experience from learning while growing up. Intelligence is here again controlling something for it's own benefit. In this case learning and knowledge itself, with no regard to who or what is consumed this way.

We have such a need for knowledge many feel incomplete especially when it comes to the "big questions" like where we came from and in time will go. Scientists may try to answer that by searching for new knowledge scientifically. Others may seek similar knowledge from history or religion. This powerful need for knowledge is also why this theory exists.

Asexual reproduction (except for accidental mutation) makes perfect clones. The only time it tries something new is when a freak accident does its genome some good. It's "learning rate" would here be extremely slow.

Adding sexual-type crossover exchange will cause the intelligence to try new things likely to work a little better in the next generation. This learning rate may be millions of times faster and account for why for so long all that existed was simple single celled organisms. The genome mechanism would first have to learn how to take a "good guess" which requires an organized exchange as is seen in chromosome crossover. Sexual reproduction might be necessary to go beyond the complexity of bacteria. Its arrival would be followed by a sudden appearance of multicellular organisms as the fossil record evidenced happening in the Precambrian.

Selected genes are continually replicated while others are disabled, analogous to the computer model's intelligence one step at a time heading towards the feeder by setting a successful response it is confident in then staying with it. And when conditions change such as where the feeder was moved while heading towards it then there will be a response ready to try that will likely work right away. This helps explain how a land animal with legs could in a relatively short amount of time become a whale with flippers. Determinism can also be seen in a giraffe neck and related physiology now changing in the longer direction. Their offspring do not have random length necks and hearts that give out early.

In the beginning before there was life molecular forces (bonding, polar) would self-assemble cell membranes (vesicles) and crystals like snowflakes then molecular intelligence made possible more complex tubulin based crystal designs including ATP synthase and flagellum motors. This complexity is achievable because of the way even a simple molecular intelligence inherently responds with a successful response and when challenged with an unknown can take a good guess what will work then remember the response. In sexual reproduction there is a crossover exchange of large amounts of genetic information that would appear to be random chaos but half the time produces viable offspring that are not perfect clones of the parents as there would always be without this crossover. After that genes are often copied or further moved around in an organized way that may seem like random jumping from place to place but it is analogous to learning where something belongs by trying different things to see what happens.

New designs at the multicellular level are also in part guided by what the organism itself intelligently and consciously finds desirable in the variety available to select as a mate. Examples include the peacocks where females selecting the largest most attractive tail design, led to males with brilliant displays, even though this makes it more difficult to fly from predators. In humans the looks of "sex symbols" sometimes computer enhanced to represent the conscious ideals not yet common in our morphology.

Without intelligence driven mate selection species would not bond with their own kind. This would either produce no offspring at all or a possibly sterile hybrid (mix of both) which in either case would result in fewer species over time.

Occasionally, chromosome complexity increases when two entire chromosomes fuse at opposite ends to become one. This has made humans unique among its kind where such a fusion makes a total of 46 chromosomes, instead of the 48 of all great apes. Here, a parent passed to offspring a fused copy in one of the two parental gametes, to birth a being with 47 chromosomes. That fusion then passed into the population where the fusion would then on occasion have the fusion in both gametes to make the first 46 chromosome beings. From a man and woman both with 46 (fusion in both gametes) could only come 46 chromosome offspring, us.

REFERENCES

[1] Discovery Institute, Questions about Intelligent Design, What is the theory of intelligent design?
http://www.discovery.org/csc/topQuestions.php

[2] G. Gaulin, Intelligence Generator/Detector computer model, download.
7 sensors (Stall, Full, Forward, See/Smell Food, Towards Food, Spin Towards, Angle) plus 4 motor bits as "feedback" so memory (brain) knows what the motors are doing.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...71381&lngWId=1
If you do not have a Visual Basic compiler then this version is the same as Planet SourceCode but with additional comment in IntelligenceGenerator5.FRM file (the "source code") to help non-programmers. Properties (right click) of the IntelligenceGenerator5.EXE program that should match what you received are; Modified: November 14, 2008, 8:24:42 AM Size: 108 KB (110,592 bytes)
http://sites.google.com/site/intelli...Generator5.zip

[5] G. Gaulin, Demonstrating the Self-Assembly of the Cell Membrane, NSTA -The Science teacher, 10/1/2007
http://www.nsta.org/store/product_de...st07_074_07_72
Prior version, open access:
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/Scien...periment68.htm

[6] Guenter Albrecht-Buehler, Robert Laughlin Rea, Cell Intelligence (webpages)
http://www.basic.northwestern.edu/g-...r/cellint0.htm

[7] Harvard, Inner Life, animation.
http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/an...erlife_lo.html
Also higher resolutions and videos:
http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/media.html

[8] Molecular Nanobiointelligence Computers, National Cancer Center, June 21, 2005, Byoung-Tak Zhang, Center for Bioinformation Technology (CBIT) & Biointelligence Laboratory, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University
http://bi.snu.ac.kr/Courses/4ai06f/NCC2005.pdf

[9] Synthesizing cellular intelligence and artificial intelligence for bioprocesses, P.R. Patnaik, Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39-A, Chandigarh-160 036, India
http://www.aseanbiotechnology.info/A...t/21018478.pdf

[10] Intelligence Generator computer model was adapted from the book (robot made virtual): Heiserman, D. L., How to Build Your Own Self-Programming Robot, Blue Ridge Summit, PA, TAB Books, Inc., 1979

[11] X.V. Zhang, S.P. Ellery, C.M. Friend, H.D. Holland, F.M. Michel, M.A.A. Schoonen, and S.T. Martin, "Photodriven Reduction and Oxidation Reactions on Colloidal Semiconductor Particles: Implications for Prebiotic Synthesis," Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2006, 185, 301-311.
http://www.seas.harvard.edu/environm...Z_JPP_2007.pdf

[12] X.V. Zhang and S.T. Martin, "Driving Krebs Cycle in Reverse through Mineral Photochemistry," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2006, 128, 16032.
http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/sample.c.../ja066103k.pdf

[13] Clays May Have Aided Formation of Primordial Cells
http://www.hhmi.org/news/szostak3.html

[14] Decision-Making Circuitry of Blood Stem Cells Mapped
http://www.hhmi.org/news/singh20060825.html
http://www.hhmi.org/research/investigators/singh.html

[15] Kyte J, Doolittle RF, Hydropathy index, Wikipedia, May 1982
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydropathy_index

[16] JH Koeslag, What is Life, Physiology website
http://academic.sun.ac.za/med_physbi.../dept/life.htm

[17] Annalee Newitz, Princeton Scientists Discover Proteins that Control Evolution, io9, 11/11/2008
http://io9.com/5083673/princeton-sci...trol-evolution
K. MacPherson, Evolution's new wrinkle: Proteins with cruise control provide new perspective, News At Princeton, 11/10/2008
http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/a...ion=topstories
Paper:
http://scitation.aip.org/getabs/serv...cvips&gifs=yes

Science101
11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
To better explain a good question Skye had in another thread I will add to the theory for revision 4.5 showing the Krebs Cycle is something very powerful the intelligence controls. I made a Blog for it with what I found to be a very good description of it on Wikipedia.

http://reversekrebscycle.blogspot.com/

Now I can put the picture of it here so you can see what it is doing. That is the only real way to show what it is.

Notice in step three an electron, proton and a CO2 molecule combine to add a Carbon atom in that step. Photosynthesis of plants adds chloroplasts for greater efficiency but simpler designs use just this alone.

When you start storing electrons from the sun in a growing molecule its like charging a battery. We can eat that then "burn" with 100% O2 to get the solar energy back out to power us.

Relating this to the computer model:

The Krebs Cycle would represent the energy source, here the critters battery with level shown with the red line. The Krebs Cycle would be fed sunlight and CO2 to keep it running. Being just an aggregate of molecules food comes to it as photons that strike the clay and CO2 dissolved in surrounding water.

The critter itself forms from the Krebs Cycle under control of genome that uses these molecules (along with what comes through vesicle pores or membrane channels) to produce the rest of the parts for the cell.

I also have a new Blog for the computer model.

http://intelligencegenerator.blogspot.com/

Woodrow
11-18-2008, 09:49 PM
The Krebs cycle is very interesting and is quite complex. What is even more amazing is that it is only found in plants. Seems that evolutionary processes would have found it to be very successful in the animal kingdom. But, lo and behold, it is only a development of flora and virtually absent in fauna. It seems the euglena could have been a step in the right direction, but if I recall the euglena is protazoa and classified as flora. Based on the complexity of life it seems odd that euglena did not evolve into being fauna.

If life is simply the product of evolutionary processes, wouldn't all life be advancing towards a single ideal life form? It would sure cut down on my food bill if the silly mitchondria learned how to use the Krebs cycle.

It seems the laws of natural selection would strongly favor the development of photosynthesis in fauna. Perhaps there is something besides natural selection involved here?

Güven
11-19-2008, 01:02 AM
SubhanAllah! this is interesting! :ooh:

جوري
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
:welcome: back gooves

Güven
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
:welcome: back gooves
Glad to be back sis! :ooh:

Science101
11-19-2008, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The Krebs cycle is very interesting and is quite complex. What is even more amazing is that it is only found in plants. Seems that evolutionary processes would have found it to be very successful in the animal kingdom. But, lo and behold, it is only a development of flora and virtually absent in fauna. It seems the euglena could have been a step in the right direction, but if I recall the euglena is protazoa and classified as flora. Based on the complexity of life it seems odd that euglena did not evolve into being fauna.

If life is simply the product of evolutionary processes, wouldn't all life be advancing towards a single ideal life form? It would sure cut down on my food bill if the silly mitchondria learned how to use the Krebs cycle.

It seems the laws of natural selection would strongly favor the development of photosynthesis in fauna. Perhaps there is something besides natural selection involved here?
Hi Woodrow!

I was working on my blog for the theory and your mentioning my favorite plantimal the euglena made me think of the old book logo I first used in 1995 that has it in there as representative of cells. It also has your symbol on top of the Christian cross in the middle. If you or anyone does not think it looks right then let me know what is best and I'll fix it.

The reason for the leaves on the man and woman is I traced the pictures from a once popular biology textbook showing their organs figuring there is no way that could look dirty. On the cover of the book thin lines looked good enough. But after making the lines thicker to make a picture for the internet I was very wrong! So my wife and I had an evening laughing to tears (it was so funny) figuring out how to fix that! The picture came out obviously Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden like the paintings but the pictures are from a public school biology book so it is still science! Just let me know if it needs bigger leaves, you got it!

>>> Picture No Longer There Due To Really Needing Bigger Leaves Or Something!! <<<
http://scientific-design-theory.blogspot.com/

Because of emergence of intelligence coming from an unknown subatomic behavior the theory predicts the religious symbols should be on the other side, or both. I can swap that around easy with the Paint program. This is a good time to make your crescent moon looking as good as it can. I made this in 1995, been there for over a decade so you know I have been on Prophet Muhammad's wavelength for a long time but had to find here to know what emulating him is about.

If having religious symbols there are a problem for the US public school then I could make this the religious-school version and make a blog for the public-school version with a question mark instead of symbols. Be the only difference so it becomes funny to have two they have to check for what is different but there is none. That makes two things working together in a way that keeps going on through the collective intelligence. Good thing to add to our today's work!

I need to add more info on the "Forward Krebs Cycle" that we use. It might be hard to picture at first but just reverse the arrows in the illustration and you have it. Same cycle with proteins by burning with O2 produces the same range of molecules to control self-assembly of, and solar energy the Reverse Krebs powered cells stored in making them comes out at the same time to keep us warm and moving. For something small like the euglena that light easily penetrates the Krebs Cycle works fine in either direction. Either way the electron moving in or out makes it a battery just reverses the + and - poles.

That seems to explain it better! I will put that in the next revision too. I wanted to write the euglena back in but was not sure where it belonged. But now I do! Good question and perfect timing. The blog was a mess so I made it "scribe" format and it looked good, but needed you to get the logo and euglena back into the theory somehow. Thanks Woodrow!

The symbol also for Wicca is in there because before the relatively recent couple hundred or so year ago European Westernization of it that became the Wiccan movement it was a geometry problem that defied their math that after solving changed how numbers were used.

EB/BA' = BA'/DB' = DB'/B'C' = 1.618033989.... (golden ratio)

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Pentagon.htm

It came to represent what scientists more or less thought everything was made from. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water and Spirit (light). So it had a time when it was a symbol for scientists in a way like I am I guess, search for the Creator in science. This makes it a scientific symbol with a religious part. Then it later in history became a Nature based concept later called Wicca where all living things connect together like in a web and harming it makes the web and us fall to our peril, which is true like in the "food chain" we depend on.

In Western culture the pentagram is sometimes seen as an occult evil thing. I am not sure about yours. I believe it is better to get back to what things actually represent than to let it be something it is not. In time there will be nothing to fear from it anymore. It is just a Nature Boy/Girl kind of thinking to help make the rest already there more fun.

And Hi ReViverOfTrust!

Nice screenname. Thanks for the thumbs up. Please feel free to add you thoughts to it too. Makes Skye's thread even better at the same time and I love helping to make this one as good as it can get.

:D

healing hands
11-19-2008, 05:11 AM
wow mash Allah

Banu_Hashim
11-27-2008, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

The Krebs Cycle... *shudders* Brings back bad memories of having to learn the biochemistry of respiration!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.