/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sects?

INsearch
10-26-2008, 02:08 AM
this seems like the right place to post this?

I have not really put much thought into this but why are their sects? what sects are suppose to be the "true" Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
maryam87
11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Stick with the Quran and Sunnah of the prophet (pbuh)

Woodrow
11-03-2008, 03:34 AM
It is difficult to explain in English. Although the word sect is commonly used to describe our divisions in the Ummah, it is not an accurate word to describe it. We are one Ummah and there is but one Islam, quite simply those of us who follow the Pillars of faith are Muslim. Those who don't are not living an Islamic life.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2008, 07:11 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
this seems like the right place to post this?

I have not really put much thought into this but why are their sects? what sects are suppose to be the "true" Islam?
there aren't actually any sects in islam. I guess you can basically say that people have deviated form the real islam, hence sects have been formed.

so, there is only one Islam, i.e what was revealed to the prophet, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam, by Allah.

i hope that helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.