/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Answers

Ummu Sufyaan
10-26-2008, 10:17 AM
:sl:
All Questions and answers have been taken from the book “From the Treasures of Knowledge,” compiled by Mustafa Kaamil

--->Do let me know if the Questions/answers dont make sense. i did translate them myself :hiding:

Question: Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta’ala says: ((فرت من قسورة )) (“Fleeing from a hunter, or a lion or a beast of prey”) what is meant by ‘Qaswarah?’
Answer: Qaswarah means ‘Lion.’

Question: Who is the ‘king’ of the Birds
Answer: The Hoopee

Question: Whose was the first grave that had water sprinkled over it?
Answer: Ibraheem, ibn Muhammad, Sallalahu aleyhi wa salaam.

Question: What are the five creatures which do not have a mother?
Answer:
1. Aadam, aleyhi as-Salaam
2. Hawaa, alayhaa as-Salaam
3. The male sheep of Ismail, aleyhi as-Salaam (which was sacrificed instead of him)
4. The staff of Musa, aleyhi as-Salaam, when he threw it down it became a snake
5. The she-camel of Saalih, aleyhi as-Salaam

Question: What are the three Surahs (Chapters of the Quran) which the letter Kaaf does not occurin them
Answer:
a)Surat al-Falaq
b)Surat Quraish
c)Surat al-Asr

Question:What is the meaning of the name "Khadeejah?"
Answer: The Khadeej is the child that is born before the ninth month.

Question: Who was the first person to be buried (in the cemetery of) al-Baqee’?
Answer: Uthman bin Madh'oon, radiallahu anhu

Question: Who was the first Matryr in Islam?
Answer: Sumayyah, Umm Ammaar ibn Yaasir, Radiallahu anha

Question: Which Ayah was revealed inside the Ka'bah
Answer:
...((إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُكُمْ أَن تُؤدُّواْ الاحَمَـنَـتِ إِلَى أَهْلِهَا))
"Verily, Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those, to whom they are due..." (Surat an-Nisaa, 58)

Question:Who was the first Women that the Prophet, Sallallahu aleyhi wa sallam, married after the death of Khadijah?
Answer: Sawdah, bint Zan'ah bin Qays, bin 'Amro

Question: What was the first surah to be revelaed, which contained a Prostration.
Answer: Surat an-Najm ((فاسجدوا لله وعبدوا))
"So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him Alone." (Surat an-Najm, 62)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
*bump

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Question: Who was the first Matryr in Islam?
Answer: Sumayyah, Umm Ammaar ibn Yaasir, Radiallahu anha
:thumbs_up

JazakAllah khayr sis. Fab thread! Please do post more!

roohani.doctor
10-28-2008, 03:10 PM
lovely :p

jazaka'allah sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur

JazakAllah khayr sis. Fab thread! Please do post more!
will do inshallah...

format_quote Originally Posted by londonfog
lovely :p

jazaka'allah sis
wa iyyaakumaa :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Question: Who was the first person to translate the Quran into the French Language?
Answer: Shah Wali ullah, Ahmad bin abdul-Raheem al-Faarooqi al-Hindi

Question: Who was the first person to be flogged for the consumption of alcohol?
Answer: Abdullah bin Himar

Question: Who was the first person to build a mosque around the honorable Kabah
Answer: Umar ibn al-Khattab (began its building), and Uthmaan bin Affaan completed it, may allah be pleased with them both.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Question: Complete the Hadith, ((الدنيا سجن المؤمن...)) "This world is the prison for the believer….?"
Answer:(صحيح مسلم: 2906) ((الدنيا سجن المؤمن وجنة الكافر))

This world is the prison for the believer, and Paradise for the disbeliever (Muslim, 2906)

Question: Allah says:(سورة فاطر:5) ((فلا تغرنكم الحياة الدنيا ولا يغرنكم بالله الغرور))
“So let not let this present life deceive you, and let not The Deceiver deceive you about Allah.”
What is the meaning of “The Deceiver.”
Answer: “The Deceiver,” is one of the names of Satan.

Question: What are the names of ibn Hajr, and ibn al-Jawzi
Answer: Ahmad bin Ali bin Hajr al-‘Asqlaani and Abul-Faraj ‘Abdur-Rahmaan bin al- Jawzi, (respectively)

Ummu Sufyaan
02-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Question: What is the first ayah of Surat Maryam
Answer: ((كهيعص)) (Kaaf Haa Yaa ‘Ain Saad)

Kaaf Haa Yaa ‘Ain Saad (these letters are of the miracles of the Quran, and none but Allah (alone) knows their meanings-Trans. note

Question: Who was the first ambassador to Islam?
Answer: Mus’ab ibn Umair, Radiallahu anhu

Question: How many times is Aadam, aleyhi sallam mentioned in the Holy Quran
Answer: Aadam, aleyhi sallam is mentioned 25 times in the Quran.

AnonyMouse~
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
JazakAllah khair..nice knowledge :D

Ummu Sufyaan
03-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Question: In what year after Hijrah did the Qiblah change from Bayt al-Maqdis to the Ka'bah?
Answer: In the 3rd year of Hijrah

Question: Who is the only woman mentioned in the Quran by name?
Answer: Maryam, bint Imran (aleyhaa al-salaam).

Question: How many times is the word "Torah" mentioned in the Holy Quran?
Answer:18 times.

MO783
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
very nice

MO783
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
where can you get this book from ? does anybody know, i tried searching but none found

Ummu Sufyaan
03-03-2009, 01:09 PM
^im not sure where you can get it...my brother got it from hajj when he went a few years ago...btw its originally in Arabic...i do the translations myself so im not sure if its been translated in full anywhere

MO783
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^im not sure where you can get it...my brother got it from hajj when he went a few years ago...btw its originally in Arabic...i do the translations myself so im not sure if its been translated in full anywhere
do you know where to get the arabic version ?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-31-2009, 08:50 AM
^no

Question: What is the name of the one who killed the Lion of Allah, Hamzah bin abdul Muttalib, Radhiallahu anhu?
Answer: Wahshyy bin Harb, Radhiallahu ahnu. And he became Muslim after the battle of Taa’if and he killed Musaylimah, the Liar. And he used to say: I killed the best of people, and the most evil of people.

Question: In which year (of Hijrah) was the verse concerning the Hijab revealed?
Answer: In the fifth year of Hijrah. Allah says:

((وليضربن بخمورهن على جيوبهن ولا يبدين زينتهن الا لبعولتهن))(النور: 31)
...and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes fir necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc), and draw their veils over Juyubeebihinna (i.e their bodies, faces, necks, bosoms etc) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands...(Surat al-Noor, 31)

Question:
who said the following?
يذكرني الهلال بنقص عمري***وأفرح كلما طلع الهلال

The Crescent reminds me of my lessening life, and (yet) I become happy every time the crescent appears.
Answer: Abul ‘Othaahia, rahimahullah.

nazish
04-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Jazak Allah khair.nice knowledge.
:w:

saba muslimah
04-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Oh Very Nice Thread
JazakAllah
Sis Umul-Shaheed

hrm
08-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Question: What is the name of the one who killed the Lion of Allah, Hamzah bin abdul Muttalib, Radhiallahu anhu?
Answer: Wahshyy bin Harb, Radhiallahu ahnu. And he became Muslim after the battle of Taa’if and he killed Musaylimah, the Liar. And he used to say: I killed the best of people, and the most evil of people.

:sl::statisfie
SubhanAllah how beautiful is Allah's saying An Noor Aya 46 " .......... Allah guide whom He will to straight Path"
This preorgative Allah has kept in His Hand and no one has a say in it. Could any human being imagine a person who has just killed Lion of Allah be forgiven all his sins by coming into the fold of Islam? No one. Yet Allah is the doer of what He Wills. SubhanAllah.
May Allah keep all us momeneen and momeenats on the straight path and help us avoid the trap laid by the satan. Aameen
:statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
from now on, they can be read from here, inshallah
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-10/

hrm
08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
from now on, they can be read from here, inshallah
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-10/
:sl: :statisfie

I just came back from the above link( Uncovered Treasures) you quoted. Just want to know who is maintaining it and where is this information being derived from?

:wa: :statisfie

hrm
08-27-2009, 05:26 AM
i (mostly) maintain it. the information is derived from different books/articles written by scholars.
:statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-11/

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM

This is what the scholars mean when they say 'ilmuhu la yanfa' wa jahluhu la yadur lol no offense

But mashAllah its a nice quiz and pretty fun too

Ummu Sufyaan
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
what does it mean? i mean get the translation of it, but judging by the "hu" it seems to be referring to someone/something in particular...what's it mean by 'ilmuhu la yanfa' wa jahluhu la yadur.' i dont get what it has to do with this :$

Khaldun
12-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Having knowledge concerning it does not benefit, nor does being ignorant of it harm.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-10-2010, 09:44 AM
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-12/

Ummu Sufyaan
03-01-2010, 05:45 AM
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-13/

Rafeeq
03-01-2010, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
^ my bad, it was meant to be married...could a mod change that and also
that--->Porppphet into Prophet :uuh:
You can change/edit your self. Just press EDIT button down the post and edit it as you wish.

Nice post. Jazakallah

Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2010, 07:50 AM
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-14/

Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....lamic-quiz-15/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.