/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegation of "missing stoning and breastfeeding verse"

AntiKarateKid
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
I have recently come across an allegation that the Quran is missing these verses.

Umar said: "When this verse came down I approached the Prophet peace be upon him so I asked him: Should I write it down?' It is as if he hated that" Then Umar said: "Cant you see that if the old man if he commits adultery he does not get the whip, and that if the young man if he commits adultery he gets stoned?

THis is one example of what confuzzled me. Can anyone help me out and refute the idea of missing verses such as these?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
yes, that verse was part of the qur'an, as were some others, but were abrogated.

AntiKarateKid
11-03-2008, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
yes, that verse was part of the qur'an, as were some others, but were abrogated.

Thankyou for the response brother, but could you explain further? I heard that Umar said that it was meant to be in the Quran and I am just clarifying this issue.

Malaikah
11-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Bro do you have a reference for what you quoted? Is it even authentic?

I'm not sure how much you know about abrogation, but basically verses were revealed during the Prophet life time that were removed by Allah again during the prophets life time. They are not considered part of the Quran anyone after being abrogated.

Remember, the sahabah had CONSENSUS that the Quran compiled by Abu Bakr and later 'Uthman was the real thing, the complete thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MSalman
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
As-Salamu 'Alaykum

These has been covered here
Alleged Missing Qur'anic Verse of Rajam (Stoning)
The Quranic Verse on Stoning
Missing Verse on Suckling?

AntiKarateKid
11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
Much thanks! I keep letting these people stir up doubts only to find out that they lied through their teeth. WHen will I learn? :rollseyes

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-09-2008, 02:27 AM
:sl:

The discussion regarding nasikh wa mansukh is beyond anyone on this forum and is best left to those who have studied Uloom al-Qur'an. And really, if we haven't studied Uloom al-Qur'an then we should be very wary about speaking about the Qur'an without knowledge. It is reported that when Abu Bakr r.a. was asked about the meaning of a single word from the Qur'an from the verses of inheritence, he said: "What earth will hold me and what heaven will protect me if I say something concerning the Book of Allah which I do not know".

Therefore, I'm closing this thread as it was indicated that the following post satisfied the thread starter.

format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife

Muhammad
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Another resource relevant to this topic:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...n-hadeeth.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.