/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IMO (International Muslim's Organization)

saniya36421
11-05-2008, 09:24 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I am new here, this will be my first post! My name is Saniya, and I'm 20 yrs old. It's been a few weeks since I have reverted to Islam. The closest masjid to my home is IMO - Internation Muslim's Organization, located in Rexdale, Ontario.

I was wondering if any other Sister's attend that masjid? I was hoping for assistance with prayers (etc.) as well as a familiar face. :)

As with a few reverts and the few posts I have viewed, I am also having a minor problem adjusting to the environment. I am one of the few Sister's who chooses to wear niqaab and so I find it harder to make friends. :)

I have been going there regularly but I feel nervous since I am alone, and because of this I don't feel as if I am fully concentrating on prayers and my purpose of going there.

inshAllah Maybe someone can help me out!

Thank you,
Saniya

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
welcome my dear to Islam first, and to LI, I hope you will find this forum a very formative source to you in sha allah

since you are still new in Islam, its just a matter of time untill you used to your new situation, you are still in the beginning and you will come to know many muslims sisters who wear hijab and niqab as well........

by the way, I wear a niqab :)

hopefully you will find some sisters from your area, feel free to ask anything comes to your mind, we will be all for you :)

kwolney01
11-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome to Islam sister!!! :D

I am also a recent revert and I know how it feels to have to learn everything and get to know people. Like you I want to be able to go to the Masjib with someone I know just so they can help me around and show me things. I do not live in Canada so I can't help with that sister...sorry. Maybe a sister on the forum can...InshAllah...

If you need to ask any questions feel free to ask!!! :D

I wish you all the best sister on your new journey to Islam!!!

Jazak Allah Khair (May Allah reward you)

Salaams!

zircon
11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Salam Alaikum, sis

it's great to see you around! Welcomeee! Feel free to participate in any topic and converse with any one of us inshaAllah. May Allah shower His blessings on you :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saniya36421
11-06-2008, 03:50 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Thank-you all for your replies!!! I appreciate it so much!!

inshAllah I will find another sister soon but in the meantime I'm so happy to have found this forum. It is soo helpful!

Anyways, once again thanks, Jazak Allah Khair,
Allahfiz,
Saniya

Intisar
11-06-2008, 04:07 AM
:w: Oh wow, too bad I moved!! I used to attend that masjid along with Khalid Bin Al Walid Masjid in Rexdale too!

There's a really good sister's group at Khalid Masjid, it's in close proximity to the IMO and mashaaAllaah the sister's there are very involved! They do lots of activities together, PM me and inshaa'Allaah I can hook you up with some sisters there. :)

There are classes there too that are held on every Friday and Sunday, for free, and I couldn't go cause of school, so maybe inshaaAllaah you can take full advantage of it.

Welcome to Islaam sister and may Allaah keep you steadfast upon his deen inshaa'Allaah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.