/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Prophet's cursing of some people

AntiKarateKid
11-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Salam, I was just looking for some clarifications.

The Prophet (pbuh) stated that he was not sent to curse the infidels but then why did he curse some people like the tribe of Mudar?

Perhaps he only cursed thsoe who deserved it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Salam, I was just looking for some clarifications.

The Prophet (pbuh) stated that he was not sent to curse the infidels but then why did he curse some people like the tribe of Mudar?

:sl:
Could you post the reference to that please? I'd like to see it myself first.

doorster
11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Could you post the reference to that please? I'd like to see it myself first.
Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 768:
Narrated Abu Bakr bin 'Abdur Rahman Ibn Harith bin Hisham and Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman:
Abu Huraira used to say Takbir in all the prayers, compulsory and optional -- in the month of Ramadan or other months. He used to say Takbir on standing for prayer and on bowing; then he would say, "Salmi'a-l-lahu Liman hamida," and before prostrating he would say "Rabbana walaka-l-hamd." Then he would say Takbir on prostrating and on raising his head from the prostration, then another Takbir on prostrating (for the second time), and on raising his head from the prostration. He also would say the Takbir on standing from the second Rak'a. He used to do the same in every Rak'a till he completed the prayer. On completion of the prayer, he would say, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is! No doubt my prayer is closer to that of Allah's Apostle than yours, and this was His prayer till he left this world." And Abu Huraira said, "When Allah's Apostle raised his head from (bowing) he used to say "Sami' a-l-lahu Liman hamida, Rabbana walakal-hamd." He Would invoke Allah for some people by naming them: "O Allah! Save Al-Walid bin Al-Walid and Salama bin Hisham and 'Aiyash bin Abi Rabi'a and the weak and the helpless people among the faithful believers O Allah! Be hard on the tribe of Mudar and let them suffer from famine years like that of the time of Joseph."

In those days the Eastern section of the tribe of Mudar was against the Prophet.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2008, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
theres no perhaps about it

If the most gentle soul had cursed, when he would try his best to make the worst of creation become good, then theres no buts-ifs or anything of the sort about it.

Assalamu ALaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.