/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Topics for a short khutbah?

Banu_Hashim
11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
:sl:
Salam guys,

um... I don't know if posting this in the right forum.

Basically in my school we've started praying jumm'a on fridays in addition to duhr daily, instead of going to the masjid as it would be more convient and would save the hassle of missing bits of lessons. The older students including myself take turns in doing the khutbah. It's my turn next week.

I was wondering if any body have ideas on what I could do it on? Any interesting topics that come to mind? Keeping in mind... I have to keep it short because I we only have the lunch break, and there are young students that come as well like 11/12 years old.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
11-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Salaamalakum bro,

Ive done a khutbah at my college once and my topic was Jihad Al-Nafs, Jihad Al-Nafs is basically spiritual striving against urself and ur desires, lowering ur gaze etc. I reckon its a pretty gd topic seeing as your audience will be younger adults and teens. Also another topic you could do is the bountys of Jannah which is basically the blessings of Jannah and reasons to strive to earn Jannah in the hereafter.

Good luck with ur khutbah bro, dnt be nervous, keep eye contact with everyone, just be humble and do ur best.

Abu Ilyas
11-15-2008, 11:22 PM
The Right of Parents

Muhammad
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM

Some suggestions:

Reliance upon Allaah (swt)
Patience
Taqwa
Repentence
Shaytan and his traps
Sincerity
Du'aa
Remembrance of Allaah
The virtue of seeking knowledge
Good manners
Being thankful

I hope it goes well Insha'Allaah :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
11-16-2008, 07:48 AM
JazakAllah Khair. These looks really look really good... and I can definitely use all of them for future reference. The Jihad-Al-Nafs might be a good one because, as you said (@ nebula), the younger bros can relate to.

Wasalaam.

Aadam.

Olive
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad*
The Right of Parents
I think that would be a relevant topic to talk about with students around the age of 11 and 12. Many of them neglects the rights of parents and it's not their fault - they haven't been informed. :)

Banu_Hashim
11-21-2008, 04:38 PM

Salaam guys...

Just to let you know... my khutbah went well alhamdulilah. Today I decided to do it on 'wisdom', and based it on this article:

http://www.iqrasense.com/islamic-top...by-luqman.html

I found the advice given by Luqman (as) to his son useful to get across points that are still relevant today.

And thank you again for the topics provided, that I'll use in future jumm'as inshaAllah. :D

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.