/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So What About Non-Muslims?

Roxy8491
11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I mean mainly Jews and Christians. The generally accepted view seems to be that they'll go to Hell? But how does this view hold up against the verse from the Holy Qur'an, "The believers, the Jews, the Christians, and the Sabians - all those who believe in God and the Last Day and do good - will have their rewards with their Lord. No fear for them, nor will they grieve." (2:62)

I'm not expecting anyone to be a scholar, I just want to get some opinions to help me form my own. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Questfortruth
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Ofcourse, this verse is not talking about idol worshipping Christians and Jews. This verse is referring to those who never heard of prophet Muhammad s.a.w and worship Allah alone. Also those who were at the time and after prophet Mosa a.s. or Isa A.s.

kwolney01
11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't think every christian or jew is going to hell. That verse says that anyone who believes in God is going to heaven (provided you have more good than bad deeds). Everyone gets tested in this life and only Allah knows who will get into heaven and who doesn't. Questfortruth was right as long as they do not worship idols. I do think some christians and jews will get into heaven but it may be a lot harder for them and they will be tested by Allah.

Tony
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
A christian told me rescentley that on the day of judgement we will ask wht are certain people doing in paradise, and where are the ones we thought would be there. And when I was younger a vicar said to me that whatever path we follow it must be with all our hearts. I think how we are with other people is the fundamental thing. I have been far from perfect before embracing Islam, and marginally better since, I continue to try hard and hope that what is in my heart is right. At the end, Allah alone knows us and only Allah can admit us to Paradise, He is most forgiving and sees what is in our hearts. Peace:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Ofcourse, this verse is not talking about idol worshipping Christians and Jews. This verse is referring to those who never heard of prophet Muhammad s.a.w and worship Allah alone. Also those who were at the time and after prophet Mosa a.s. or Isa A.s.

:salamext:

You're right :)

The reason why the Jews and Christians after Prophet Muhammad can't go to paradise (if they rejected the call after hearing the clear message) is because of the following verse in the Qur'an;

Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book [christians and jews] and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein. They are the worst of creatures.

Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures.

Their reward is with Allah: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher.

[Quran 98: 6-8]

//-Asif-\\
12-01-2008, 03:45 AM
I don't remember if it's from a khutbah I heard a while back or an article I read or what have you, but the belief was that all non-Muslims, whether they are Jew, Christian, Hindu etc. at some point in their life they are given an opportunity, some on numerous occasions to discover Islam. The analogy was of a door to Islam.

For some people the door would be locked, those are people that haven't heard of Islam, have no clue what it's about, or they just know it's a religion but just possess no interest in learning it.

For others the door could be unlocked, open a crack or opened fully and the curiosity or quest for knowledge of a person would compel them to approach the door and even walk in. By that I mean a person not too sure about Islam or one that has a distorted image of Islam has a Muslim friend, coworker or someone they interact with that is Muslim and a discussion occurs, or they see something on TV related to Islam that strikes their interest, or they come across a book at a library, a class they are taking where Islam is touched on or compared with other religions, or they see something on the news. They will be given a sort of "key" or invitation to approach that door and it's up to the person's own will whether they want to approach that door and learn more about it, or go on about their business.

Heck, 9/11, though a horrible tragedy, could be seen as a massive open door for the whole world to go discover and learn about Islam. Everyone knows about Islam or Muslims in some way, whether it's the negative "terrorist religion" view or some other view, they know about Islam and it's up to them to go and research it, learn about it and get the facts and try to understand the religion.

Allah gives everyone an opportunity to find the truth in some way shape or form, and if not they are tested in this life and if they do the right thing from the test that Allah gives them, it would count as the equivalent of being a true believer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.