/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Graduate School Help

pharmguy
11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I am in a dilemma. I am currently a pharmacology student (undergrad) and I am applying for biomedical science, engineering, and business for graduate school (I haven't made up my mind as to what type of research I want to do).

I had a concern about the business fields that I am applying to. One of the fields is health care management and economics, and the other is finance. I am a muslim, and I am concerned that if I devote a career to academia in business, in which I would teach "western" finance theory, that I will be going against Allah's commandments and thus would be among the losers.

In short, does anyone have any advice with regards to this? Would it be haram for me to be a professor in business (I am from the U.S.)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Takumi
11-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Hello pharmguy, assalamu'alaykum.

Looks to me that you're in a very lucrative field there! If you're interested in teaching, a master's degree in pharmacology can lead you to teaching positions in health science colleges teaching pharmacy aides, nurses, or even physician assistants.

I don't have anything to offer you with regard to western finance, but have you thought about being a teacher? In the U.S you can definitely be certified as a science teacher. The pay is not much but science teacher is in demand and you can go anywhere.

Good luck!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.