/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explaining the non muslim The importance of Aqeedah

syilla
11-25-2008, 11:00 AM
:salamext:

how should we answer the non muslim when they ask us why we are so careful in taking care of our aqeedah?

The non-muslim said as if we don't trust ourselves in knowing what is right and what is wrong... (well...i usually answer yes. i don't trust myself :hehe: :D)

Thank you in advance.

wassallam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
khurram086
01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Four revelations of Allah (swt) are mentioned by name in the Qur’an: the Taurah, the Zaboor, the Injeel and the Qur’an.

Taurah, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Moosa (a. s.) i.e. Moses (pbuh).
Zaboor, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Dawood (a.s.) i.e. David (pbuh).
Injeel, the revelation i.e. the Wahi given to Isa (A.S.) ie. Jesus (pbuh).
‘Al-Qur’an’, the last and final Wahi i.e. revelation given to the last and final Messenger Muhammad (pbuh).

It is an article of faith for every Muslim to believe in all the Prophets of God and all revelations of God. However, the present day Bible has the first five books of the Old Testament attributed to Moses and the Psalms attributed to David. Moreover the New Testament or the four Gospels of the New Testament are not the Taurah, the Zaboor or the Injeel, which the Qur’an refers to. These books of the present day Bible may partly contain the word of God but these books are certainly not the exact, accurate and complete revelations given to the prophets.

The Qur’an presents all the different prophets of Allah as belonging to one single brotherhood; all had a similar prophetic mission and the same basic message. Because of this, the fundamental teachings of the major faiths cannot be contradictory, even if there has been a considerable passage of time between the different prophetic
missions, because the source of these missions was one: Almighty God, Allah. This is why the Qur’an says that the differences which exist between various religions are not the responsibility of the prophets, but of the followers of these prophets who forgot part of what they had been taught, and furthermore, misinterpreted and changed the
scriptures. The Qur’an cannot therefore be seen as a scripture which competes with the teachings of Moses, Jesus and the other prophets. On the contrary, it confirms, completes and perfects the messages that they brought to their people.

Another name for the Qur’an is the ‘The Furqan’ which means the criteria to judge the right from the wrong, and it is on the basis of the Qur’an that we can decipher which part of the previous scriptures can be considered to be the word of God.

wth1257
01-02-2009, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

how should we answer the non muslim when they ask us why we are so careful in taking care of our aqeedah?

The non-muslim said as if we don't trust ourselves in knowing what is right and what is wrong... (well...i usually answer yes. i don't trust myself :hehe: :D)

Thank you in advance.

wassallam
Being a non Muslim perhapse I can help. What exactly do you mean though?

syilla
01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
For example like the yoga issue.

The muslims are not encouraged to perform yoga...because it is important for the muslims to take of our aqeedah.

But sometimes non-muslims does not really understand why the muslims are really into avoiding the shirk stuffs. And it is hard to explain it to them.

Hope that make sense :D. Good luck to you... :-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wth1257
01-02-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
For example like the yoga issue.

The muslims are not encouraged to perform yoga...because it is important for the muslims to take of our aqeedah.

But sometimes non-muslims does not really understand why the muslims are really into avoiding the shirk stuffs. And it is hard to explain it to them.

Hope that make sense :D. Good luck to you... :-[

ohhhhhh.

Now I understand what you are getting at. I suppose it's that in the West it's, as Shabbir Akhtar said, "rhetorically religious but operationally secular". I mean it's really just atheism but superficially religious. So when people actually take their religion seriously, not just from a cultural point of view, but really believe it, it's difficult to understand.

I really respect that about Muslims btw.

syilla
01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
ohhhhhh.

Now I understand what you are getting at. I suppose it's that in the West it's, as Shabbir Akhtar said, "rhetorically religious but operationally secular". I mean it's really just atheism but superficially religious. So when people actually take their religion seriously, not just from a cultural point of view, but really believe it, it's difficult to understand.

I really respect that about Muslims btw.
yeah...some of the non-muslims would love to argue...why and why and why and why...but not fully understand the basic important thing in islam.

But i'm sure the scholars know how to answer as i have only tiny weenie of knowledge of islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.