/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Its Significance & Benefits....

Faith.
11-26-2008, 08:15 AM
:salamext:

Prayer Its Significance & Benefits

Prayer is a constant reminder to the believer that he is a servant of God. It is the first thing he does in the morning before anything else, and during the day at three regular intervals and the last thing before he goes to bed. This regular observance of prayer helps in strengthening one’s faith in God.

You perform ablution and perform it in the way prescribed by the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him). You also say your prayers according to the instructions of the Prophet (Peace be upon him). Why do you do so? Simply because you believe in the Prophethood of Muhammad (Peace be upon him)., and deem it’s your bounden duty to follow him ungrudgingly . Why don’t you intentionally mis-read the Qur’an? Isn’t it because your regard the book as the words of God and deem it a sin to deviate from its letters. In the payer you recite many a thing quietly, and if you do not recite them and make any deviation, therefore no one is to check you. But you never do so intentionally? Why? Because you believe that God is ever watchful and he listens to all you recite and is aware of thing open and hidden. What make you say your prayers where there is no one to ask you to offer them or even see you offering them? Isn’t it your belief that God is ever looking at you? What makes you leave your important business and other occupations and rush to the mosque for prayers? What makes you terminate your sweet sleep in the early hours of the morning to come to the mosque in the heat of the noon, and to leave your evening entertainment for prayers? It is anything other than your sense of duty – Your realisation that you must fulfil your responsibility to your Lord, come what may?

And why are you afraid of any mistake in prayer? Because your heart is filled with fear of God and you know that you have to appear before him on the Day of Judgement and give an account of your entire life! Now Look! Can there be a better course of moral and spiritual training than prayers? It is this training that makes a man a perfect Muslim .It reminds of his with his convent with God, refreshes his faith in him, and keeps the belief in the Day of Judgement alive and ever present before his mind’s eye. It makes him follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him), and trains him in the observance of his duties.

According to Abu Hurairah, the Holy Messenger said: "God says, 'My servant becomes closer to Me by performing those deeds which are obligatory on him
And he gets close to Me through constant observance of optional (nafila) prayer until he becomes My beloved. When he becomes My beloved, I become his ears through which hears, his eyes through which he sees, and his hand with which he holds,and his feet with which he walks." This hadith shows that all the powers of his body and mind come under the Guidance of God and man attains very close relationship with his Lord.

Author: Afzalur Rahman
Title: Prayer Its Significance and Benefits

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by XxFaithxX

Prayer is a constant reminder to the believer that he is a servant of God.
format_quote Originally Posted by XxFaithxX

This regular observance of prayer helps in strengthening one’s faith in God.
so true
without praying we'd forget Allah and his countless blessings on us all the time. imsad

jazkallah ukhti

*Yasmin*
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
According to Abu Hurairah, the Holy Messenger said: "God says, 'My servant becomes closer to Me by performing those deeds which are obligatory on him
And he gets close to Me through constant observance of optional (nafila) prayer until he becomes My beloved. When he becomes My beloved, I become his ears through which hears, his eyes through which he sees, and his hand with which he holds,and his feet with which he walks."
great hadith ,so meaningful
jazake allah kher my sister
in-sha' allah god helps us worship him in the best way

al-slam 3lekom

muslimah 4 life
01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Jizakhallah sister,
Salah keeps your mind and heart focused inthe right direction.
Its a one to one with Allah, standing before the almighty praising him
and asking for his mercy and forgiveness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gia
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Jizakhallah sister, praying on a regular basis keeps Muslims attached to their faith and beliefs and brings them closer to Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
mashAllah beautiful post

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.